Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who were the troika of the cult of Dianetics?

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Default Re: Who were the troika of the cult of Dianetics?

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    --snipped--

My comments were more on the line that scientology is in
    the process of becoming a science
    rather than already is one.

Straggler's Alert #1: No, Scientology is not in the process of becoming a science. It started out (1950) boldly asserting that it was a "modern science of mental health".
    Outcome: When the "science" miserably failed, it began the "process of becoming" something else. . .

Straggler's Alert #2: Then, Scientology claimed it was "not a science". It even clarified that it is "not a religion"--but in fact a "philosophy". Soon it rose to greater heights claiming to be an "Applied Philosophy".
    Outcome: When the "philosophy" miserably failed, it began the "process of becoming" something else. . .

Straggler's Alert #3: Then, Scientology changed its mind and decided it was in fact a religion. It proudly started calling its business offices "churches" and even hijacked the Christian cross to prove that being a tax dodge doesn't mean that customers can't get other side benefits--like going to heaven (i.e. "total freedom", "eternity", et al).
    Outcome: When the "religion" miserably failed, it began the "process of becoming" something else. . .

Straggler's Alert #4: Then, Scientology changed its mind and decided it was in fact an elite secular status. It spent virtually all of its time and resources on soliciting donations for real estate ("Ideal Orgs", "SuperPower Building", "L. Ron Hubbard Hall", et al) and giving donors super-glitzy names, medallions & trophies (i.e. "humanitarian with honors", "patron emeritus", et al)
    Outcome: The "elite secular status" fraud is right this moment "in the process" of miserably failing. Therefore, Scientology is yet (once again) "in the process" of becoming something else. . .

What will be #5? Nobody can say for sure.

However, if Scientology continues to exactly follow the 4-fold path (above) of its super-statusey Source, Founder & Commodore, then the next big thing Scientologists will pretend is that they are now "researchers". After all, that was the culmination of Hubbard's sensational string of failures, right? Apparently being an "OT researcher" of "advanced levels" in a mystically mythological place (Target II) is the new cool thing to do. Don't worry about having to "shed your encumbrance" to get there, that's just the "price of freedom".
    Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 9th July 2017 at 01:38 AM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

2. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Churchill, Karen#1, tesseract, scooter, Tanchi and 1 others liked this post
    LOL! Karen#1, Gib, phenomanon laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post

snipped......

What will be #5? Nobody can say for sure.

snipped........
    Maybe #5 will be off to Target Two:

4. LOL! Churchill, HelluvaHoax! laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

Its Hubbard contradicting himself.

He said he was source, and earlier said 50,000 yeas of thinking
    men were the source or at least inspiration.

"Acknowledgement is made to fifty-thousand years of thinking men without whose speculations
    and observations the creation and construction of Dianetics would not have been possible.
    Credit in particular is due to:

Anaxagoras, Thomas Paine
    Aristotle, Thomas Jefferson
    Socrates, Rene Descartes
    Plato, James Clerk Maxwell
    Euclid, Charcot
    Lucretius, Herbert Spencer
    Roger Bacon, William James
    Isaac Newton Francis Bacon
    van Leeuwenhoek, Sigmund Freud
    Voltaire, William A. White
    Cmdr Thompson (MC) USN, Will Durant
    Count Alfred Korzybski

and my instructors in atomic and molecular phenomena, mathematics and the humanities at
    George Washington University and at Princeton."

What "Positioning"! Puts Dianetics right up there with the best thinkers.
    Do you know what "Positoning" is Terrill? o of course you do...you did FEBC, so you have studied the PR Series.
    Why would you quote us this PR hype?

phenomanon

6. Likes Churchill, Gib liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post
    Do you know what "Positoning" is Terrill? o of course you do...you did FEBC, so you have studied the PR Series.

To emphasise that LRH ws using poditioning.

8. Likes Gib liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Do you know what "Positoning" is Terrill? o of course you do...you did FEBC, so you have studied the PR Series. Why would you quote us this PR hype?

Just a wild guess. . .

To un-besmirch the good name of Mankind's Greatest Friend and Scientology?

And, thereby return Dr. Hubbard's life-changing technological breakthroughs to their rightful place in the sacred pantheon of miraculous cures that upstats can conveniently buy for themselves at bulk-quantity discounted rates!

Scientology By The Numbers: It's all about big beings having big wins! Nobody knows why tech works. Nobody knows if the tech works. Nobody even knows why (after so many miraculous wins) 98% of Scientologists blow. By this metric, one may safely assume that 98% of the tech doesn't work. And that the 2% that does work only works on 2% of the Scientologists (the ones that are too afraid to hear/read what happened to the 98%).

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

10. Thanks tesseract says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Churchill, tesseract liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron George Layton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post

Just a wild guess. . .

To un-besmirch the good name of Mankind's Greatest Friend and Scientology?

And, thereby return Dr. Hubbard's life-changing technological breakthroughs to their rightful place in the sacred pantheon of miraculous cures that upstats can conveniently buy for themselves at bulk-quantity discounted rates!

Scientology By The Numbers: It's all about big beings having big wins! Nobody knows why tech works. Nobody knows if the tech works. Nobody even knows why (after so many miraculous wins) 98% of Scientologists blow. By this metric, one may safely assume that 98% of the tech doesn't work. And that the 2% that does work only works on 2% of the Scientologists (the ones that are too afraid to hear/read what happened to the 98%).
    Aren't 2% of the population supposed to be SP's? Is that just a coincidence?
    Each time I spot hypocrisy, it turns around and points at me.

12. Likes Churchill liked this post
    LOL! HelluvaHoax! laughed at this post

Its Hubbard contradicting himself.

He said he was source, and earlier said 50,000 yeas of thinking
    men were the source or at least inspiration.

"Acknowledgement is made to fifty-thousand years of thinking men without whose speculations
    and observations the creation and construction of Dianetics would not have been possible.
    Credit in particular is due to:

Anaxagoras, Thomas Paine
    Aristotle, Thomas Jefferson
    Socrates, Rene Descartes
    Plato, James Clerk Maxwell
    Euclid, Charcot
    Lucretius, Herbert Spencer
    Roger Bacon, William James
    Isaac Newton Francis Bacon
    van Leeuwenhoek, Sigmund Freud
    Voltaire, William A. White
    Cmdr Thompson (MC) USN, Will Durant
    Count Alfred Korzybski

and my instructors in atomic and molecular phenomena, mathematics and the humanities at
    George Washington University and at Princeton.
    "
    yes, and as phenomenon and strat have pointed out it's positioning or legitimacy, trying to establish Dianetics as a science of the mind.

What's funny is that as far as I can research with the data I have, Hubbard wrote a letter to Dean Wilbur, his instructor on English Rhethoric at GWU and not the other instructors on mathetics or atomic and molecular phenomera, and in this letter he actually poo poo's these instructors and even fails in the courses they taught at the time, but having received a B or C in English Rhetoric. hmmmm?

I even started a tread about it: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...s-sicientology
    Last edited by Gib; 9th July 2017 at 03:20 AM.

14. Thanks strativarius says "thank you" for this post

I always knew that engrams were first called norns, from way back in the 1950's I'm pretty sure it is mentioned in "Dianetics: the evolution of a science" published in Campbells magazine Astounding Science Fiction. Norns are female beings who rule the fates of humans. Engrams are cellular recordings or memory traces.

Mike

Of course Dianetics is a science. It's the modern science of draining your wealth.

17. Likes Francois Tremblay liked this post
    LOL! strativarius laughed at this post

Just pointing out his contradicting himself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast