Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Financial Ruin

Patron with Honors

Default Re: Financial Ruin

I am writing a book about Scientology. My book is based on the WikiLeaks data.

Frankly, I do see how the stories about someone's "financial ruin" could be helpful to you as a writer.

Here is my story in a nutshell -- I bought book 1 for $ 10, then took a basic Dianetics course for $ 15, after that joined Sea Org. I quit Sea Org after 4 months of service. Considering my salary before the SO adventure, I incurred 15 K loss of income. However, the SO food was for free, so I saved approximately 2 K. Therefore , my total loss was 13 K.

Someone might write, I paid 60 K get to the NED level, then discovered that Dianetics is a fraud. I never got that money back from the church.

Perhaps, someone could say something like this -- I paid 500 K to get to the OT 8 level, after that I wised up, and left the cult. I own a real estate business, so I absorbed the loss.

There is no drama in these stories; to be honest, I haven't heard of someone who committed suicide after losing his/her money to CoS.
    LRH era un maricon miserable que tuvo el esposo, tal Xenu. LRH quise sentir la picha grande de Xenu adentro de su culo grososo i su boca maloliente. Antes de acto sexual, Xenu estaba gritando -- ! Voy a chingar mi retardo mental!

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Hubbatd View Post
    I am writing a book about Scientology. My book is based on the WikiLeaks data.

Frankly, I do see how the stories about someone's "financial ruin" could be helpful to you as a writer.

Here is my story in a nutshell -- I bought book 1 for $ 10, then took a basic Dianetics course for $ 15, after that joined Sea Org. I quit Sea Org after 4 months of service. Considering my salary before the SO adventure, I incurred 15 K loss of income. However, the SO food was for free, so I saved approximately 2 K. Therefore , my total loss was 13 K.

Someone might write, I paid 60 K get to the NED level, then discovered that Dianetics is a fraud. I never got that money back from the church.

Perhaps, someone could say something like this -- I paid 500 K to get to the OT 8 level, after that I wised up, and left the cult. I own a real estate business, so I absorbed the loss.

There is no drama in these stories; to be honest, I haven't heard of someone who committed suicide after losing his/her money to CoS.

To be honest, I think you've been under a rock somewhere. I'd give up on the book project if I were you, until you learn how to truly research a subject.

The subject of "financial ruin", as you say. Actually research Scientology induced financial ruin. No quotation marks. And there have been suicides due to financial ruin. Again, no quotation marks.

3. Thanks Little David, dchoiceisalwaysrs, Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Demented Hubbatd View Post
    <snip>

Well you were only in for four months and that was as an SO member where you weren't (yet) dealing with public AFAIK. Your life doesn't reflect what others went through, though, but maybe these threads will:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...our-org/page64

https://theyshouldnothavedied.wordpress.com/
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

5. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acompleteunknown View Post
    Hi,

I'm doing research for a project and looking for other ex-members who may have fallen on hard times financially because of the excessive payments that were encouraged by the Church to keep money on account.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Richie Acunto comes to mind. Then there's Reed Slatkin, though, in fairness, he
    bankrupted Scientologists and non-Scientologists, so I'm not sure whether he
    meets your criteria.
    Oh, and Rex Fowler certainly fell on hard times, come to think of it.
    -Len Zinberg

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough,
    we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
    -Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

www.xenu.net

www.tonyortega.org

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345