Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi There

Default Re: Hi There

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    My guess is that OSA doesn't have people directly monitoring this board, but rather has non-Scn people (perhaps contracted out to India or some such place) looking through and maintaining a database of possibly-identifying information on members (eg, what org member was active at, connection to prominent scientologists or to Sea Org members, etc) with OSA looking at the summaries.
    I think your guess is correct. It's too risky to have actual OSA people monitor these boards. They are just as susceptible to turning on DM as any rank and file member.

2. Thanks Enthetan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5 liked this post

Welcome welcome welcome! Three times the charm, ya know.

From experience I can tell you that it's a little bit tricky keeping your old friends after a while.

Do you have family in?

4. Likes phenomanon, Lurker5 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    I think your guess is correct. It's too risky to have actual OSA people monitor these boards. They are just as susceptible to turning on DM as any rank and file member.
    You assume they believe what they read here. They don't - it's only CI, (counter intention) I think rather, they are convinced of the rightness of Clearing the Planet, and that trumps whatever we PTS, SP, DBs have to say. It's the "stable data that restrains the confusion" of the possible rightness of the poster's here. What we write has no traction whatsoever in their minds.

Ah, life in a bubble.

Edit: more likely, they have an agenda that prioritizes what they read - they want clues of identity, signs of leaks of inside information, hints of future suppression, things that show what of the faithful are under the radar, or are reading out-ethics online entheta. I once got a sec check because of what someone posted about me on line. I didn't have a clue who the person was or what they said, until the MAA 'splained me. However, I wasn't given a choice - I got to pay for and receive a damn sec check. They were pulling the string - they wanted to know if I was a plant or worse. They are a spy organization, after all. They want to know who is on board and who isn't.

Mimsey
    Last edited by Mimsey Borogrove; 16th July 2017 at 05:16 PM.

6. Thanks Bluebell, clamicide, Enthetan, guRl, scooter and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Enthetan, phenomanon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EZ Linus View Post

Welcome welcome welcome! Three times the charm, ya know.

From experience I can tell you that it's a little bit tricky keeping your old friends after a while.

Do you have family in?
    Thanks for the welcome.

I don't feel comfortable talking about my situation. I'm here to learn, really.

I started this thread to thank you people for all you have done for me.

Thank you all.

8. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs, Free to shine, Enthetan, guRl, Lurker5 and 1 others says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    You assume they believe what they read here. They don't - it's only CI, (counter intention) I think rather, they are convinced of the rightness of Clearing the Planet, and that trumps whatever we PTS, SP, DBs have to say. It's the "stable data that restrains the confusion" of the possible rightness of the poster's here. What we write has no traction whatsoever in their minds.

Ah, life in a bubble.

Edit: more likely, they have an agenda that prioritizes what they read - they want clues of identity, signs of leaks of inside information, hints of future suppression, things that show what of the faithful are under the radar, or are reading out-ethics online entheta. I once got a sec check because of what someone posted about me on line. I didn't have a clue who the person was or what they said, until the MAA 'splained me. However, I wasn't given a choice - I got to pay for and receive a damn sec check. They were pulling the string - they wanted to know if I was a plant or worse. They are a spy organization, after all. They want to know who is on board and who isn't.

Mimsey
    Have no way of knowing what's done currently but, in bygone days, and for a span of many years, there were two categories of "public": those that were asked to work - part time, sometimes on only one or a few occasions - as a spy, collector of information, etc. from "enemies," or "squirrels," or "SPs," and those (most) "public" who were not asked.

The person (the "case officer"), choosing which public to ask to "volunteer," would select someone who, he thought, could perform the task, be convincing, and not become flustered or "enturbulated."

It was a "given" that one would not discuss any of this with average public, as it would "enturbulate" them and, probably, most would have become "enturbulated," as they believed that associating with "squirrels," "SPs," etc. was forbidden.

My guess is that these two categories still exist today.

Those in one category (spy material) don't mention it to the other category (not spy material), and the other category has no idea the first category exists.

Very compartmentalized and secretive.

As hard as it may be to believe there are people who've seen just about all criticism of Scientology, etc., and are impervious to it.

If anyone has family or friends in Scientology, and doesn't wish to have them discconnect, etc., it's wise to exercise caution when on the Net.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

10. Thanks Leland, phenomanon, Enthetan, Snickers, scooter and 1 others says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron TheOriginalBigBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Have no way of knowing what's done currently but, in bygone days, and for a span of many years, there were two categories of "public": those that were asked to work - part time, sometimes on only one or a few occasions - as a spy, collector of information, etc. from "enemies," or "squirrels," or "SPs," and those (most) "public" who were not asked.

The person (the "case officer"), choosing which public to ask to "volunteer," would select someone who, he thought, could perform the task, be convincing, and not become flustered or "enturbulated."

It was a "given" that one would not discuss any of this with average public, as it would "enturbulate" them and, probably, most would have become "enturbulated," as they believed that associating with "squirrels," "SPs," etc. was forbidden.

My guess is that these two categories still exist today.

Those in one category (spy material) don't mention it to the other category (not spy material), and the other category has no idea the first category exists.

Very compartmentalized and secretive.

As hard as it may be to believe there are people who've seen just about all criticism of Scientology, etc., and are impervious to it.

If anyone has family or friends in Scientology, and doesn't wish to have them discconnect, etc., it's wise to exercise caution when on the Net.
    I imagine many spy material types are former Sea Org who routed out standardly or were fitness boarded but remain in good standing, true believers and like to be connected to OSA so they are part of the power and intrigue that comes from ruining people's lives and they get to vicariously relive the glory days.

The Guardian's Office was non-Sea Org and I think it is reasonable to expect that those people continued to provide services in non-Church capacities as lawyers, PIs and skip tracers. It could be a 2nd or 3rd generation business by now.

But a true believer wouldn't need money - a fresh commendation in their ethics file for sniffing out dissent on Facebook or internet forums should suffice.

12. Likes Lurker5 liked this post
    LOL! Lurker5 laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloV View Post
    The states of clear and OT do not exist and can never be obtained. Ever. He lied right on the cover of dianetics calling it a science when he KNEW it wasn't.
    This is a really good point....how many of us accepted that Dianetics and auditing were very scientific, only because that's what Hubs claimed? I know I was disillusioned with "regular" religion because it was based on fear and superstition and myths. And then here comes this "scientific" self-help program based on logic and science. LOL! At least that's what our naive minds wanted to believe. Oh, to be young and idealistic, and perfectly gullible to falling for Hubs BS.

It said right on the cover of DMSMH "the Modern SCIENCE of Mental Health". And not a shred of science to back up his claims for Clear or OT. Just tons of Hope, Hype, and Hoopla.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

14. Likes AngeloV, Lurker5 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
    This is a really good point....how many of us accepted that Dianetics and auditing were very scientific, only because that's what Hubs claimed? I know I was disillusioned with "regular" religion because it was based on fear and superstition and myths. And then here comes this "scientific" self-help program based on logic and science. LOL! At least that's what our naive minds wanted to believe. Oh, to be young and idealistic, and perfectly gullible to falling for Hubs BS.

It said right on the cover of DMSMH "the Modern SCIENCE of Mental Health". And not a shred of science to back up his claims for Clear or OT. Just tons of Hope, Hype, and Hoopla.
    Yep. I got into scientology after reading DMSMH because it was "proven scientifically". I even had 50 hours of Dianetics auditing and got nothing from it but I kept going because it was "scientifically proven".

16. Thanks dchoiceisalwaysrs, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5, AngeloV liked this post
    LOL! Lurker5, WildKat laughed at this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FormerScn View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.

I don't feel comfortable talking about my situation. I'm here to learn, really.

I started this thread to thank you people for all you have done for me.

Thank you all.
    And thank you so much for that message. It's easy to forget that so many people read quietly and are affected by the stories and discussions here and it's good to have feedback.

My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

18. Likes Bluebell, Lurker5, dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post

Hi FormerScn, Welcome!

Myself....27 years in and 16 years out....

20. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast