Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

  1. #41
    BT-free since 2003! EZ Linus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    Quote Originally Posted by WildKat View Post
    My opinion, FWIW....yes, write your book, tell your story! I think it will be liberating.

    As was said, unless you have personal dirt to damage DM (or TC) you will likely not get harassed or have much attention from OSA.

    I like your writing style, you sound honest and forthright, and easy to read.

    I'll buy a copy! Just make sure to release a Kindle version.
    Thank you very much wildcat. I wish I edited my posts more often here and they would read much better. I often get excited and impatient and type them so fast. Then I just hit the submit button without looking them over. So, it's a good sign that you still think I'm easy to read. The book is written just like this. Conversational.

    I will most def make ebooks/Kindle editions. In fact, no matter how I publish (Random House, University press, small press, limited edition (printed) boutique press, self-publish), if I stand to make any dimes (or if I decide I rather not do it for any dimes) ebooks will be my main objective.

  2. Likes WildKat, JustSheila liked this post
  3. #42
    Big List researcher
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    Boatloads of books about Scientology, including lots of them by exes. See my sig.

    By now I guess the COS is all barking, not biting.

    For reference some info about COS and the legal system

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scient...ses_in_the_USA

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scient..._legal_actions

  4. Thanks EZ Linus, Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post
  5. #43

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Linus View Post
    If you were writing a book about your life and half of it was about the cult, would you put your real name on it, or would you let the chips fall - knowing you'd get harassed? Having second thoughts on that aspect now. I know I have "support" but I recently watched "My Scientology Movie" and just watching how harassed the crew was, and of course seeing a lot of the footage on Marty, and being reminded of how relentless they were to him...I don't know. It just reminded me of what I might be in for.
    Nobody should have to subject themselves and/or their families to any form of harrassment (by stating their real names) just because they want to openly and honestly express their feelings and experiences with ANY group. So my answer is NO, I would NOT use my real name but in the name of integrity I would be honest about what I had to say about anyone or group.
    If somebody wants to use their real name knowing full well the possible repercussions of doing so then that too is their prerogative.

  6. Likes JustSheila liked this post
  7. #44
    BT-free since 2003! EZ Linus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    I should go through this thread and start counting who thinks what and see what the census is, not because I need the guidance anymore -- and not that I don't fully appreciate receiving everyone's feedback, I really truly do -- you know how sometimes you are unsure of what you want to eat and you hone it down to two things and ask the person you're sitting with which thing you should order; then, once they say the opposite thing you know you probably want, it confirms what your stomach knew all along?

    Anyhow, I'm not really going to take a consensus. But what I do wonder is, once the book comes out and my name is on there, will some of you shun and attack me for making that choice? Ha!

    Just kidding. Sort of.

    I say "sort of" because I wouldn't think it would be about my name, but maybe where someone might size up my political leanings. It seems that people here are capable of at least verbally attacking, perhaps it's not in real life, but lately this forum has really surprised me. I haven't been attacked personally, yet. I don't like to publicly speak about politics for this very reason. Like someone else mentioned on the other thread, it's all like walking on eggshells - not just on this forum, but anywhere. And I don't mean that in regards to any specific political stance. Truly. I mean, it is scary to open your mouth (type) about anything!

    So, I don't actually know how much support there will be for me here.

  8. Thanks Wilbur, I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post
  9. #45

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Linus View Post
    I should go through this thread and start counting who thinks what and see what the census is, not because I need the guidance anymore -- and not that I don't fully appreciate receiving everyone's feedback, I really truly do -- you know how sometimes you are unsure of what you want to eat and you hone it down to two things and ask the person you're sitting with which thing you should order; then, once they say the opposite thing you know you probably want, it confirms what your stomach knew all along?

    Anyhow, I'm not really going to take a consensus. But what I do wonder is, once the book comes out and my name is on there, will some of you shun and attack me for making that choice? Ha!

    Just kidding. Sort of.

    I say "sort of" because I wouldn't think it would be about my name, but maybe where someone might size up my political leanings. It seems that people here are capable of at least verbally attacking, perhaps it's not in real life, but lately this forum has really surprised me. I haven't been attacked personally, yet. I don't like to publicly speak about politics for this very reason. Like someone else mentioned on the other thread, it's all like walking on eggshells - not just on this forum, but anywhere. And I don't mean that in regards to any specific political stance. Truly. I mean, it is scary to open your mouth (type) about anything!

    So, I don't actually know how much support there will be for me here.
    There's always the risk whatever you say will get written up on the Washington Post and may not be good press for Scientology. There are plenty of Scientology journalists.

  10. Thanks EZ Linus says "thank you" for this post
  11. #46

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    Heh, EZ, if you ever said anything political, I missed it. So that's one less person to worry about!

    Seriously, though, we pretty much go bananas with compliments over anyone who writes a book exposing the crimes of the cult Scientology. Surely you've seen that.

    Freezoners have a smaller audience, but they have one.

    And as far as ESMB in general... it goes in waves. So if we've been lately, it only means the next wave will be all lovey dovey. Best to not give a shit and say what you think because you believe in it. Those who last here for years have attained the state of:

    "I KNOW WHAT I THINK AND I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF ANYONE ELSE AGREES AND I FEEL GREAT!!"



    PS: You haven't quite seen yet why ESMB has been called the Hug Box. Publish your book and I'm sure you will.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

    - Cleared Cannibal


  12. Thanks EZ Linus says "thank you" for this post
    Likes EZ Linus, Free to shine, Lurker5 liked this post
  13. #47
    Goldenrod SP ThetanExterior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,966

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    EZ, people here have differing views on every subject under the sun but the one thing that unites most of us is a dislike of the so-called Church of Scientology.

    So if you talk about politics or any other subject then the reaction you get will be mixed but if you criticise the CofS then you will get a mostly positive reaction from us.

  14. Thanks EZ Linus, Type4_PTS, Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Likes EZ Linus, JustSheila, Edwardo liked this post
  15. #48
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,089

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Linus View Post
    I should go through this thread and start counting who thinks what and see what the census is, not because I need the guidance anymore -- and not that I don't fully appreciate receiving everyone's feedback, I really truly do -- you know how sometimes you are unsure of what you want to eat and you hone it down to two things and ask the person you're sitting with which thing you should order; then, once they say the opposite thing you know you probably want, it confirms what your stomach knew all along?

    Anyhow, I'm not really going to take a consensus. But what I do wonder is, once the book comes out and my name is on there, will some of you shun and attack me for making that choice? Ha!

    Just kidding. Sort of.

    I say "sort of" because I wouldn't think it would be about my name, but maybe where someone might size up my political leanings. It seems that people here are capable of at least verbally attacking, perhaps it's not in real life, but lately this forum has really surprised me. I haven't been attacked personally, yet. I don't like to publicly speak about politics for this very reason. Like someone else mentioned on the other thread, it's all like walking on eggshells - not just on this forum, but anywhere. And I don't mean that in regards to any specific political stance. Truly. I mean, it is scary to open your mouth (type) about anything!

    So, I don't actually know how much support there will be for me here.
    Crikey, don't worry about the reactions here! As Sheila rightly said:
    You haven't quite seen yet why ESMB has been called the Hug Box. Publish your book and I'm sure you will.
    As for the political threads, they are in the Member's Only section of the board now and certainly not required reading. This is an international message board and therefore has many differing views. The Politics forum didn't even exist when I started here (as far as I recollect) and is more just a way to keep the focus on scientology for all the people who read ESMB to understand what happened to them, and what is happening now. I almost never go there. You can put threads on Ignore if you don't want them coming up in Today's Posts. (Someone else would have to tell you how because I forget.)
    My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

  16. Thanks EZ Linus, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes EZ Linus liked this post
  17. #49
    Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,011

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    Quote Originally Posted by EZ Linus View Post
    I should go through this thread and start counting who thinks what and see what the census is, not because I need the guidance anymore -- and not that I don't fully appreciate receiving everyone's feedback, I really truly do -- you know how sometimes you are unsure of what you want to eat and you hone it down to two things and ask the person you're sitting with which thing you should order; then, once they say the opposite thing you know you probably want, it confirms what your stomach knew all along?

    Anyhow, I'm not really going to take a consensus. But what I do wonder is, once the book comes out and my name is on there, will some of you shun and attack me for making that choice? Ha!

    Just kidding. Sort of.

    I say "sort of" because I wouldn't think it would be about my name, but maybe where someone might size up my political leanings. It seems that people here are capable of at least verbally attacking, perhaps it's not in real life, but lately this forum has really surprised me. I haven't been attacked personally, yet. I don't like to publicly speak about politics for this very reason. Like someone else mentioned on the other thread, it's all like walking on eggshells - not just on this forum, but anywhere. And I don't mean that in regards to any specific political stance. Truly. I mean, it is scary to open your mouth (type) about anything!

    So, I don't actually know how much support there will be for me here.


    You'll have as much support as you need, you have friends here and many of us are looking forward to reading your book.

    We're a bit like a large, dysfunctional family ... but there's a lot of caring and genuine affection lurking in even the stroppiest of posters (though some of us are more trouble than others admittedly!).




    "I like pigs. Cats look down on you; dogs look up to you; but pigs treat you like an equal."

    Sir Winston Churchill.




  18. Thanks Free to shine, EZ Linus says "thank you" for this post
    Likes EZ Linus, Type4_PTS liked this post
    LOL! Type4_PTS laughed at this post
  19. #50
    Diamond Invictus SP Type4_PTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,634

    Default Re: Second thoughts/cold feet? What do you guys think?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Best to not give a shit and say what you think because you believe in it. Those who last here for years have attained the state of:

    "I KNOW WHAT I THINK AND I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF ANYONE ELSE AGREES AND I FEEL GREAT!!"


    Yes, this is true for me.

    Whatever views one has, whether they be political, religious, or other in nature, there will be people who feel strongly opposed to those views.

    IRL, I don't recall ever losing a friend due to differences in political and/or religious views. Within my own immediate family there is a wide diversity of both political and religious views. I don't let those differences take away from any of the relationships we have. If nothing else, we agree to disagree, and move beyond that topic.

  20. Thanks Free to shine, EZ Linus, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes EZ Linus, Lurker5 liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Similar Threads

  1. Scientology "Square feet of spiritual freedom”
    By CommunicatorIC in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th February 2015, 02:59 AM
  2. 1 foot forward 3 feet back
    By billyd in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th April 2014, 04:38 AM
  3. Pope Francis washes prisoners' feet on Maundy Thursday
    By AnonKat in forum Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scientology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14th October 2013, 01:02 AM
  4. Arnie's back on his feet!
    By Panda Termint in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 8th December 2008, 04:07 PM
  5. Be three feet behind your head
    By Little Bear Victor in forum Scientology Technology
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 13th March 2008, 08:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •