Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: Scientology - To criticize and discriminate

Default Re: Scientology - To criticize and discriminate

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Like Pheno, I had only known of it to treat Bipolar. Ya learn something new every day.

So I did a bit of net research. Good sites, medical sites, and learned a lot. You are right, Roger, it's a supplement, with some good research to back up claims of better brain function when used in lower doses and in a different form. The nutritional supplement form is Lithium Orotate and it's perfectly safe. The Bipolar treatment form is Lithium as Eskalith or Lithobid (where Lithium is in the form of Lithium Carbonate), which can have some serious side-effects.

As the nutritional supplement, Lithium Orotate, it's perfectly safe. It's a type of salt, basically. Thanks, Roger. That was very useful.

Added: Apparently it takes about three weeks of regular use for it to start having an effect.
    Ya . . . As I just noted in answer to Phenom . . . lithium orotate.

It is a winner . . . for all folks, but particularly for we oldies who might be getting a little deficient in it because of the daily diet most are forced to suffer

To be honest, I am seeing more and more gross symptoms of major deficiencies of these little known essentials . . . it is interesting to me to be among the health nuts at the organic farmers market V and I frequent as compared to what I see of the physical condition of other regular folks eating what is now essentially polluted GMO fare . . .

And I restrain myself from posting on the crimes and why behind that shit . . . but you can google the point that what the alteration in the gene structure of that crap is, is done to induce sterility in the living organisms (insects originally) that eat the crop . . .

What's not been researched is what relationship has our human evolved genome to that of the lower life forms in respect to that reproduction gene.
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

2. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post

[QUOTE=RogerB;1150502]
    Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post
    ...not the straight elemental lithium used by the psychs in "therapy" . . . .
    /
    Why are their quotes around "therapy?"

While lithium is the old standard for bipolar, there are a lot better medications for it now. However, like lithium, everything comes with possible side effects. At least with lithium (probably because so much study was done), it was monitored through CT scan and blood levels to make sure the patient wasn't taking too much (or too little) rather than just looking at the patient and wondering. Whereas with SSRIs with anti-psychotics, doctors have to sort of fly by the seat of their pants unless they can monitor with weekly check-ins.

I understand the anti-psych rhetoric, but there are studies behind it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2800957/

4. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes phenomanon, JustSheila liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron phenomanon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tr8theta View Post
    You're absolutely right. I did contradict myself as you have correctly pointed out...and to avoid further embarrassment and out of sincere respect for your astuteness and everyone here as well I would not even attempt to wiggle my way out of this one. Because of you putting things in proper perspective for me in your most recent PM's to me about why some folks here continue to vent and that it's duly warranted because of present day ongoing abuses they continue to endure, my awareness and recognition level of the severity of what you said became heightened. Thank you for bringing my contradiction to my attention (and everybody's elses) I certainly have my flaws and shortcomings and have no problem openly admitting I made a mistake when I have. It's pretty embarrassing however to have this incident of quirkiness of mine put into the spotlight in the open forum for all to read. Geez I now feel that to continue participating here I must be extremely careful of every single thing I say (which of course one should) because I already have been since day one and will continue to be scrutinized like a glass plate of germs is under a microscope and Lord help me if I err in anyway shape or form going forward...I may just get flogged in the ESMB town square. LOL

There's gonna be a flogging? Yay!
    phenomanon

6. LOL! I told you I was trouble, JustSheila, RogerB laughed at this post

Yes and there will be food and drinks and rides for the kiddies afterwards!
    TR8

Quote Originally Posted by phenomanon View Post
    There's gonna be a flogging? Yay!

Actually, Trate* and I had a great discussion about this by PM. He ALMOST posted his PM to me on the board - it was really good and I wanted him to share it, but then he got shy or something. Oh well.

He's alright and he's doing JUST FINE here.

* Trate is my nickname for you, Tom. I know what the eight means.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

Patron with Honors

Flogging, Did I hear Flogging !,Can i come , can bring Rocks.
    Granitt.

Some possible scenarios for newbies:

or .........

11. LOL! tr8theta laughed at this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Actually, Trate* and I had a great discussion about this by PM. He ALMOST posted his PM to me on the board - it was really good and I wanted him to share it, but then he got shy or something. Oh well.

He's alright and he's doing JUST FINE here.

* Trate is my nickname for you, Tom. I know what the eight means.
    Yes, I know that you have adopted the nickname "Trate" for me. It's very fine.
    It isn't that I feel shy about posting my PM reply to you JS...I just didn't want to make it seem like I was tooting my own horn or "Hey guys and gals Just Shiela really liked my post...so I must be an okay person afterall so please read it" but again thank you JS for the very nice compliment. I'm finding my way around in here, learning the ESMB "how to not keep getting tossed about" techniques" LOL ...and to just continue to be my honest self - flaws and all.
    TR8

Quote Originally Posted by wigee1 View Post
    Flogging, Did I hear Flogging !,Can i come , can bring Rocks.
    Granitt.
    Sure...bring rocks (but remember "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" JC) or even tomatoes, eggs, some pies (lemon merengue please)
    Flogging* begins Monday 8-21-17 right after the Solar Exclipse (so don't be late!) Rain date: Tuesday 8-22. Some tickets are still available at Ticketron...but act quickly while they last. YOUR PHOTO with the "Flogee" only $5.00
    *Flogging whip courtesy of "Gina'sS&MToys.com"

Trate (TR8)

14. Likes phenomanon liked this post
    LOL! phenomanon laughed at this post
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819