Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: an example of premonition

Default Re: an example of premonition

I probably spent too much time on the internet looking into the load count on the flights, but it seems, taking into account Tuesday is traditionally a slow day, it was light because of being after a holiday, summer being over, and they wanted planes with max fuel load and early morning flights, with low passenger counts so they could be assured first class seats close to the cockpits, it turns out two of the four flights had abnormally low load factor counts which can't be explained away.

So, perhaps the author was in error by saying the four flights were low, when he should have said two were low and two ( flights 93 and 175) were abnormally low. That would have been a more accurate proof of his premonition theory.

http://www.911myths.com/index.php?ti...senger_numbers

However, there is a site that claims 350 people canceled or failed to turn up for the flights. It is an interesting read. Some were chance. A large number were interviewed by the FBI to see if they had connections to the hijackers, some of the notable persons were Seth Macfarlane, Mark Wahlberg, Bobby Farrelly, Julia Child, Sam Mendes and Robert Redford. http://shoestring911.blogspot.com/20...led-their.html

More than 350 people who were originally scheduled to be on the four airliners hijacked in the 9/11 attacks either changed their plans and canceled their reservations--in many cases at the last minute--or simply failed to show up for the flights on the morning of September 11, 2001. While these individuals came from a variety of backgrounds, a remarkable number of them worked in, or had close connections to, Hollywood or other areas of the entertainment industry. Some of them were very well-known personalities.
    Seth MacFarlane is the creator of the Fox network cartoon sitcom Family Guy and is also well known for having hosted the 2013 Oscars. On the evening of September 10, he gave a lecture at his old college in Rhode Island, after which he went out with some faculty members and "had a few pints." He was therefore hung over on the morning of September 11. Furthermore, MacFarlane has said that his travel agent mistakenly told him Flight 11 was scheduled to take off at 8:15 a.m., instead of 7:45 a.m. Consequently, when he arrived at Logan Airport the gate had already closed, so he exchanged his ticket for a seat on another flight later in the morning and avoided being on the hijacked plane. "I missed it by 10 minutes," MacFarlane has commented. "It was very, very fortunate." [10]

Curiously, Macfarlane's account is contradicted by an FBI document that lists many passengers who canceled reservations for Flight 11. While MacFarlane suggested that he intended to take Flight 11 but arrived at the airport too late, the document states that he actually canceled his reservation at 6:34 a.m. on September 11, more than an hour before the plane was scheduled to take off. [11]
    The article goes through flight by flight in a who's who and their reasons for not flying - if anything the amazing # of rationalizing comments like: "I didn't feel like getting up that early" points to the unawareness of the upcoming doom but the reaction to it nonetheless. If you doubt his sincerity - he lists 249 articles etc in the notes of where he got his data from.

Mimsey
    Last edited by Mimsey Borogrove; 13th August 2017 at 03:11 PM.

2. Thanks Teanntás, JustSheila, WildKat says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

I think there may be something to the premonition theory. Or maybe it's the Karma theory? Some people seem to have a knack for side-stepping danger. Maybe it's not "their time to go".

The questions about whether there is Karma, destiny, fate...or whether it's just all chaos with no meaning, have been asked from the get-go. Could both theories be true? A lot of people on either side of the argument are absolutely sure their view is right. They think Jesus or God decides. Or the thetan knows. Or people get the Karma they deserve. Or it's all just chance, coincidence.

I kind of don't mind being not at all sure about this issue.
    Dismayed and confused by terrorist attacks? Educate yourself and take action. https://www.theobjectivestandard.com...inst-the-west/

4. Likes JustSheila liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    I probably spent too much time on the internet looking into the load count on the flights, but it seems, taking into account Tuesday is traditionally a slow day, it was light because of being after a holiday, summer being over, and they wanted planes with max fuel load and early morning flights, with low passenger counts so they could be assured first class seats close to the cockpits, it turns out two of the four flights had abnormally low load factor counts which can't be explained away.

So, perhaps the author was in error by saying the four flights were low, when he should have said two were low and two ( flights 93 and 175) were abnormally low. That would have been a more accurate proof of his premonition theory.

http://www.911myths.com/index.php?ti...senger_numbers

However, there is a site that claims 350 people canceled or failed to turn up for the flights. It is an interesting read. Some were chance. A large number were interviewed by the FBI to see if they had connections to the hijackers, some of the notable persons were Seth Macfarlane, Mark Wahlberg, Bobby Farrelly, Julia Child, Sam Mendes and Robert Redford. http://shoestring911.blogspot.com/20...led-their.html

More than 350 people who were originally scheduled to be on the four airliners hijacked in the 9/11 attacks either changed their plans and canceled their reservations--in many cases at the last minute--or simply failed to show up for the flights on the morning of September 11, 2001. While these individuals came from a variety of backgrounds, a remarkable number of them worked in, or had close connections to, Hollywood or other areas of the entertainment industry. Some of them were very well-known personalities.
    The article goes through flight by flight in a who's who and their reasons for not flying - if anything the amazing # of rationalizing comments like: "I didn't feel like getting up that early" points to the unawareness of the upcoming doom but the reaction to it nonetheless. If you doubt his sincerity - he lists 249 articles etc in the notes of where he got his data from.

Mimsey
    That's interesting. Thanks, Mimsey. I think something like premonition happens at times, but it's undependable, unfortunately. Rather than assume, as a Scientologist would, that the ones that DID show up and were murdered on those flights were dolts and blockheads stuck in meatbodies that were too unaware and dense to have or follow a premonition, or that they 'deserved' to die due to bad karma or some such, what if we assume instead that most passengers were fairly equal in their receptiveness and responsiveness to premonitions of danger and their characters and spiritual abilities were no better or worse than those who canceled their flights and lived?

That would mean some were meant to receive and respond to a premonition while others were not. Some needed to live because they had to do something else, maybe, or through some otherwise inconsequential action have an affect on something or someone that has a chain reaction for something bigger?

And that gets into a whole different concept, the concept of a grand design, something that I believe in. Like the game, ''Kerplunk," you can pull out stick after stick and the amount of energy expended is the same and many times you pull a stick and it makes no difference at all, but then you pull a central stick that the other sticks require to hold all the marbles in place, and the marbles go down. Kerplunk! Yet all sticks are equal. By random selection, some are in key positions and others are not. Yet the design of the game itself makes some sticks important to the overall success and others not so much unless they are pulled in a certain sequence. There is always more than one possible series of actions that can be played in order to win. And that is what I mean by grand design: it is not dependent on one individual and there are always alternatives in case that stick doesn't get pulled.

Last edited by JustSheila; 13th August 2017 at 04:56 PM.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

6. Likes Teanntás liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    That's interesting. Thanks, Mimsey. I think something like premonition happens at times, but it's undependable, unfortunately. Rather than assume, as a Scientologist would, that the ones that DID show up and were murdered on those flights were dolts and blockheads stuck in meatbodies that were too unaware and dense to have or follow a premonition, or that they 'deserved' to die due to bad karma or some such, what if we assume instead that most passengers were fairly equal in their receptiveness and responsiveness to premonitions of danger and their characters and spiritual abilities were no better or worse than those who canceled their flights and lived?

That would mean some were meant to receive and respond to a premonition while others were not. Some needed to live because they had to do something else, maybe, or through some otherwise inconsequential action have an affect on something or someone that has a chain reaction for something bigger?

And that gets into a whole different concept, the concept of a grand design, something that I believe in. Like the game, ''Kerplunk," you can pull out stick after stick and the amount of energy expended is the same and many times you pull a stick and it makes no difference at all, but then you pull a central stick that the other sticks require to hold all the marbles in place, and the marbles go down. Kerplunk! Yet all sticks are equal. By random selection, some are in key positions and others are not. Yet the design of the game itself makes some sticks important to the overall success and others not so much unless they are pulled in a certain sequence. There is always more than one possible series of actions that can be played in order to win. And that is what I mean by grand design: it is not dependent on one individual and there are always alternatives in case that stick doesn't get pulled.

The premonitions I have had in my life, while mundane, are kind of an a or b affair. A fork in the path of life. I had one recently where I had this nagging feeling if I did A I would regret it, and that I should do B. A seemed the more logical thing to do. I ping ponged back and forth in my mind, then decided to listen to this feeling and chose B, and a few moments I discovered had I done A it would have been a mess.

I know it is a minor example, but it happens to me enough times that it seems my future self is saying - don't! Usually when I ignore it, it goes to hell. Many times it just doesn't make any sense why I should do the other option. So I opt for the seemingly logical one and land in hot water.

It is like the future is not set in stone, you can alter it when you get to these intersections, if you only recognize the warnings for what they are.

Mimsey
    Last edited by Mimsey Borogrove; 14th August 2017 at 03:41 AM.

8. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lurker5 liked this post

The premonitions I have had in my life, while mundane, are kind of an a or b affair. A fork in the path of life. I had one recently where I had this nagging feeling if I did A I would regret it, and that I should do B. A seemed the more logical thing to do. I ping ponged back and forth in my mind, then decided to listen to this feeling and chose B, and a few moments I discovered had I done A it would have been a mess.

I know it is a minor example, but it happens to me enough times that it seems my future self is saying - don't! Usually when I ignore it, it goes to hell. Many times it just doesn't make any sense why I should do the other option. So I opt for the seemingly logical one and land in hot water.

It is like the future is not set in stone, you can alter it when you get to these intersections, if you only recognize the warnings for what they are.

Mimsey
    There is a school of thought that says that every time you make a major decision in your life there is another version of you that continues on with the path you didn't take.

Therefore when you die and rejoin your high self there could be thousands of other versions of you all bringing back experiences.

10. Likes Lurker5 liked this post

At this link, for those interest is a write up I did in March, 2009, of verifiable instances of premonition . . .

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...l=1#post223708

R
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

12. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post

Mimsey
    Yeh, I get you. It's just that sometimes when I feel that nagging feeling, it's wrong, too. Years ago I paid far too much attention to feelings and there were a lot of unfounded fears behind some of them that I was better off ignoring. So I analyze instead.

Beyond those minor little nagging feelings, a few times in my life there were very POWERFUL pushes away from potentially bad, dangerous situations. Those came out of nowhere and were actually impossible to ignore and twice saved my life. They were not premonitions.

I've had dreams of places that I visited afterward, that was weird. Hasn't happened in many years. The dreams never affected anything, though, so whether I paid attention to them or not didn't matter. Plus, realistically, who knows if I originally saw something similar on television or somewhere else. Since it never affected the outcome, I don't worry about dreams anymore. Too hard to interpret. Every now and then one stands out that wakes me up though. Whether that's my subconscious working things out or spirit or God, I try to take back some sort of lesson on resolving my problems from those types of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by ThetanExterior View Post
    There is a school of thought that says that every time you make a major decision in your life there is another version of you that continues on with the path you didn't take.

Therefore when you die and rejoin your high self there could be thousands of other versions of you all bringing back experiences.
    WEIRD! Freaky idea.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Mimsey
    Same here - minor stuff - but happens a lot. One example is me getting a bad feeling about scno/co$ - decades ago. It got me out and away. And that was right. And just so some still-believers in the tech are reading this, the scno tech diminishes this capacity, destroys it . . . .
    Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12