Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marriage in the Sea Org

Default Marriage in the Sea Org

I just recently found out my mom got remarried in the Sea Org.

This is her 5th marriage, I am pretty sure. Maybe the 6th.

The first divorce was to be able to join the Sea Org. The rest have been since being in the SO.

It's such a joke that her own WOG family don't bother to attend.

2. Thanks AnonyMary, Sidney18511, Churchill, hpm1999, Lurker5 and 8 others says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Udarnik's Avatar

Default Re: Marriage in the Sea Org

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Kiddo View Post
    I just recently found out my mom got remarried in the Sea Org.

This is her 5th marriage, I am pretty sure. Maybe the 6th.

The first divorce was to be able to join the Sea Org. The rest have been since being in the SO.

It's such a joke that her own WOG family don't bother to attend.
    That's not marriage, that's serial monogamy.
    Imagine, if you will, a load of horseshit. And we’re not talking just your average load of horseshit; no, we’re talking colossal load of horseshit. An epic load of horseshit. The kind of load of horseshit that has accreted over decades and has developed its own sort of ecosystem, from the flyblown chunks at the perimeter, down into the heated and decomposing center, generating explosive levels of methane as bacteria feast merrily on vintage, liquified crap... -- John Scalzi

4. Thanks AnonyMary says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lulu Belle, Bea Kiddo, Purple Rain liked this post
    LOL! Churchill, Ogsonofgroo, Arthur Dent, guRl, Bluebell and 2 others laughed at this post

Wow, sometimes a person never gives up trying. It's either that or the fact that Married Couples get a slightly better (lol) deal when it comes to berthing.
    Last edited by Panda Termint; 23rd September 2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typo
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    Scientologist: 1974 - 2008
    Ex-scientologist: 2008 - 2014
    Human Being: 2014 -
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

6. Thanks I told you I was trouble, Gib says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

I think it was Lana Turner who said that she would not have been married so often if it were socially acceptable for her to have lived with some of the men she married.

Are the many, many marriages simply to get around the rules involving sexual relations?

8. Thanks AnonyMary, Purple Rain says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ogsonofgroo, In present time liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Boomima View Post
    I think it was Lana Turner who said that she would not have been married so often if it were socially acceptable for her to have lived with some of the men she married.

Are the many, many marriages simply to get around the rules involving sexual relations?
    I guess. They don't appear to be for everlasting love...

Sorry mom.

10. Thanks AnonyMary, Techless says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ogsonofgroo, Enthetan, Gib liked this post
    Patron with Honors iHateDuplicity's Avatar

Panda Termint
    Re: Marriage in the Sea Org
    Wow, sometimes a person never gives up trying. It's ether that or the fact that Married Couples get a slightly better (lol) deal when it comes to berthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomima View Post
    These are the main two reasons people get married in the Sea Org: better berthing and better sex (better than going at it solo, lol).

In my opinion, it is only after you have been with someone in both ways above can you really know if you want to spend the rest of your life with them. Unfortunately, Hubbard was such a control freak that he decided that people could only have sex after they were married, and of course you can only live together that way too. So the first few months or year of any SO marriage is really a courtship period for most. And when they find out that they may be sexually compatible but not life-compatible, things are either miserable for them for years or out come the divorce papers. Either way, a totally losing proposition.

But that's just one of the many "life decisions" that are taken out of your hands when you decide to join a paramilitary cult group who thinks your value is nothing and "saving the planet" is everything. If they only knew that all their work and dedication was just to line the pockets of Dwarf Midget. What a scam.

12. Thanks Ogsonofgroo, ForLease, Lulu Belle, Bluebell, Idle Morgue and 3 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes hpm1999, He-man, Idle Morgue, Gib liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post
    Wow, sometimes a person never gives up trying. It's ether that or the fact that Married Couples get a slightly better (lol) deal when it comes to berthing.
    I used to think with the datum, don't know where I got it,

but I thought folks in scientology got divorced and moved onto another relationship because "awareness" levels changed, and thus the ARC changed.

And I guess it's because "agreements, or reality changed.

Certainly not communication since anybody who had done grade 0 could talk to anybody about anything,

and certainly anybody that had done "The New Pro TR's" course could handle any comm cycle

and certainly anybody who had done KTL/LOC would be in comm with the world.

Gold Meritorious Patron clamicide's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Berthing is one thing... the other thing is you get into deep trouble for sex outside of marriage... wanna get some? Then, tie the knot.
    I don't recognize you--I've changed a lot. Oscar Wilde

"I used to have a lot of faith in humanity before the advent of the website 'comment' section" -- Jim Gaffigan

I joined a religion started by a science fiction writer that used a double cross as its symbol, and then they tried to sell me a bridge.....what could have possibly gone wrong?

We are soldiers of life against these artificial minds. From "The Enemy" by Tramontane.

15. Thanks Boomima says "thank you" for this post

I've read somewhere here at ESMB about Co$/scientology funeral services being held and I recall reading the wedding vows in a gossip/news story for the Co$/scientology wedding of Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes, but never thought to ask if hubbard wrote how those rites were to be performed -- did he do so? Is there a 'wedding script' or a 'funeral script'?

Also, within the sea org and/or staff, must a couple request some sort of approval to obtain a divorce? If so, must 'public' couples obtain similar approval?

JB (Sorry to be a pest, just haven't seen this spelled out anywhere.)
    "With all there is, why settle for just a piece of sky?" - Marilyn & Alan Bergman

Gold Meritorious Patron Kookaburra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBWriter View Post
    I've read somewhere here at ESMB about Co$/scientology funeral services being held and I recall reading the wedding vows in a gossip/news story for the Co$/scientology wedding of Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes, but never thought to ask if hubbard wrote how those rites were to be performed -- did he do so? Is there a 'wedding script' or a 'funeral script'?

Also, within the sea org and/or staff, must a couple request some sort of approval to obtain a divorce? If so, must 'public' couples obtain similar approval?

JB (Sorry to be a pest, just haven't seen this spelled out anywhere.)
    There is a book of ceremonies of the church with these things in it.

When I divorced in the SO you didn't need permission. But apparently we did to get married! Bloody outrageous!
    http://www.exseaorg.com

"L Ron Hubbard proves that one sure-fire way to "smash your name into history"... is to crash and burn spectacularly." quote by Freeminds.

18. Thanks Boomima, Bluebell, JBWriter says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast