Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you want to run the Church?

Silver Meritorious Patron Pascal's Avatar

Cool Who would you want to run the Church?

We all know DM is an idiot so let's choose his replacement!

Try and think of a person alive or historical whom you deem fit to run the Church. A true leader, charismatic, genius, etc...
    I loved you, so I drew these tides of men into my hands and wrote my will across the sky in stars. - T. E. Lawrence

Patron with Honors ChaoticPsychotic's Avatar

HITLER!!

Oh wait - isn't he already reincarnated in the form of DM?
    "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche

Fool on the Hill Voltaire's Child's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, DM is a psycho. But part of the problem is/are certain things in policy and even in "tech" as well. DM was created, in a way, by Hubbard. The abuses in CofS stem from certain attitudes and even "stable data" in policy.

Until policy is culled drastically, doesn't matter who you get in there. It's always gonna suck.

I want to see the "matters of RTC concern" stripped. I want to see no freeloader debts AT ALL. No policies on you can't sue or prosecute another CofS member without the church's permission. No more RPF. No more fair game.

Perhaps CofS should go back to being a grass roots informal movement as it was in the very early 50s.
    I am truly into myself, yes. And I'm just as interested in other people. When I'm not thinking of one, I'm thinking of the other.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticPsychotic View Post
    HITLER!!

Oh wait - isn't he already reincarnated in the form of DM?
    Hitler got compliance from people and had many competent people in his regime, evil as it was. DM shares none of these traits. DM has a quite shabby time track actually.
    I loved you, so I drew these tides of men into my hands and wrote my will across the sky in stars. - T. E. Lawrence

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fluffy View Post
    Yes, DM is a psycho. But part of the problem is/are certain things in policy and even in "tech" as well. DM was created, in a way, by Hubbard. The abuses in CofS stem from certain attitudes and even "stable data" in policy.

Until policy is culled drastically, doesn't matter who you get in there. It's always gonna suck.

I want to see the "matters of RTC concern" stripped. I want to see no freeloader debts AT ALL. No policies on you can't sue or prosecute another CofS member without the church's permission. No more RPF. No more fair game.

Perhaps CofS should go back to being a grass roots informal movement as it was in the very early 50s.
    If tech was really in and people had the gains promised noone would care about all those points you mentioned. Policy was ment for a context where Tech is in. Or else, why bother?

Patron

The tech is the closest thing to perfect (if not perfect), there are a few to say the least who "practice" the tech in a non optimum way, that is all.

I say David Mayo should be the leader.

And I agree no RTC.

Definitely a GO (Guardian's Office) type thing, because there really are enemies here. Sorry for this.... but there are actual SPs somewhere...probably not you i am just saying.

I've met a few.

You know, the next "leader" or pope type thing is going to have to be a cool dude, that is just how trends work!

MR

Joel Osteen could run CoS better at this point, I bet. (and I'm not even Christian nor believe in any of that)....But he's so inspirational and uplifting tho (at least from what we see on TV/books, PR, I know).

Wisened One
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

The problem with this type of question is that the type of person I would want running the church wouldn't have the noteriety to be a well known name.

He would be a defender of his church, but would not tell people what they should think.

From current well-know scientologists, I would prefer someone like John Travolta. He is an ardent believer/supporter, but if you notice he doesnt have to ram that down people's throat on every hand. He doesn't do all the stupid shit that Tom Cruise does.

I also can't imagine he would put up with the human rights abuses that are prevelant if he were actually running the joint.

He also can laugh at himself.

Other than that, I don't know.

Patron

I agree JT would make us proud.

MR

Quote Originally Posted by grundy View Post
    .........I would prefer someone like John Travolta......I also can't imagine he would put up with the human rights abuses that are prevelant if he were actually running the joint.
    He also can laugh at himself................
    I'd have to second that one, grundy.

Notice JT hardly EVER gets mentioned or picked on, etc. And we still admire him and his movies....he has a nice space/beingness to him, doesn't he?

Hmmmm. JT running CoS....hmmmm.

Wisened One
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast