Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 30+ Years in Scientology

Default Re: 30+ Years in Scientology

Quote Originally Posted by Free to shine View Post
    I guess I should bump my own old thread. Much has happened since I wrote this, I can't believe that I used to be scared of speaking out. Yes I paid a price in some ways yet I gained much peace and the courage to maintain my integrity.
    Bold mine.

That is so cool, FTS.

How about an update to your thread?
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

2. Likes Free to shine liked this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Bold mine.

That is so cool, FTS.

How about an update to your thread?
    An update? Crikey, there's years of posts in between. I'd have to go back and think and pull it all together. It's a project though!
    My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

4. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Bitter defrocked apostate Freeminds's Avatar

How did I miss this thread, before?

Great writing. Sad story, of course: like too many other Scientology victims... but you could write a book.

Thank you.
    You don't have to worry about squirrels
    unless you are a nut.

6. Thanks Free to shine, xseaorguk says "thank you" for this post
    Likes xseaorguk, WildKat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Free to shine View Post
    An update? Crikey, there's years of posts in between. I'd have to go back and think and pull it all together. It's a project though!
    Okay, maybe not ALL the stuff in between but what I'd personally find most inspirational is where years ago you might have thought one way and acted one way but later did not, or times when you felt your integrity was really tested and you chose the more difficult, but far more rewarding, path.

I'd love to read how things got better later, like an aftermath/conclusion and maybe others would, too.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

8. Thanks Free to shine says "thank you" for this post

like somebody said a few posts before - how did I miss this thread until now?
    I have seldom read such a moving SCN story, with much that I can relate to from the 70's and 80's. Even recognise a few names.
    Also much of the self esteem issues mentioned and the putting up with abuse made sense to me.

As others have already suggested, you should write a book about your life in and around the cult.

A mesmerizing read, thank you for sharing this.

10. Thanks Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Freeminds liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by JustSheila View Post
    Okay, maybe not ALL the stuff in between but what I'd personally find most inspirational is where years ago you might have thought one way and acted one way but later did not, or times when you felt your integrity was really tested and you chose the more difficult, but far more rewarding, path.

I'd love to read how things got better later, like an aftermath/conclusion and maybe others would, too.
    Oh my dear I wish I could let it all hang out. But as you know that would have ramifications on other people and that is how the bastard cult still affects our lives.

I will get together some kind of synopsis of what's happened since I first wrote that so long ago though.
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

12. Thanks JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustSheila liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by xseaorguk View Post
    like somebody said a few posts before - how did I miss this thread until now?
    I have seldom read such a moving SCN story, with much that I can relate to from the 70's and 80's. Even recognise a few names.
    Also much of the self esteem issues mentioned and the putting up with abuse made sense to me.

As others have already suggested, you should write a book about your life in and around the cult.

A mesmerizing read, thank you for sharing this.
    It's funny you should say that because when I re-read those words that were so hard to put down back then, it lacks a lot of the emotional content. And it's struggling with those emtions that is a real story. I have tried several times to really write it all out and so far have not succeeded. Maybe when the time is right it will just come. Currently I have restrictions on what I can and can't say about other people, and I hope that changes and I am sure it will. Thanks!

14. Thanks xseaorguk, JustSheila says "thank you" for this post
    Likes xseaorguk liked this post

Hi FTS

Hope you're doing fine (the best as possible)

Glad to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    Hi FTS

Hope you're doing fine (the best as possible)

Glad to see you!
    Hiya gorgeous one! Even if I don't post much these days I'm still around and doing great.
    Your posts so often make me laugh, I'm glad you stick around!

17. Thanks lotus says "thank you" for this post
    Likes lotus, I told you I was trouble liked this post

As I read these 25 + years or 30 + years in the cult stories it is beyond sad.

This ' long-time-in ' stories so need to be read & digested by those thinking about sticking a toe in scn to see what it's about - it is absolute quicksand that is soul robbing !

So many of us trudged along with a stiff upper lip never imagining the people in the halls we passed everyday were also in a living hell - and some so much worse abused than we could imagine.

Those who have told their stories help so much in educating the public & helping those in to get out - plus helping those out heal. THANKS !
    Ain't life grand !

19. Thanks xseaorguk, Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Likes I told you I was trouble liked this post
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast