Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WELCOME TO THE MOST ETHICAL GROUP ON THE PLANET

Patron with Honors ChaoticPsychotic's Avatar

Default WELCOME TO THE MOST ETHICAL GROUP ON THE PLANET

I was recruited into the Sea Org when I was 13. I was fed a large handful of lies in order to get me to join. This became evident to me upon my arrival at PAC base in 1992. My immediate reaction was to run for the hills. Problem was, my recruiters had driven me down to LA from the Bay Area and I had no where to go. I also was mortally afraid of the damn Freeloader Debt. I was certain that I would be slapped with some hugs financial burden if I just put my foot down and said "No, this aint happenin". I was a very naive young girl.

Part of the reason I had even signed on with the Sea Org was because I was all too acutely aware of my parents financial strain. As I mentioned in another post, I had been out of school for a year because they could no longer afford tuition for me to go to Delphi. So I was pretty darn certain they would never be able to afford to put me back in school and if I left the house there would be one less mouth to feed.

So there I was, doing my paperwork, getting my A-J check and routing into the EPF. I was miserable. I cried every time I was left alone. I remember calling my parents when I got there and having to try to convince them that I was excited and happy to be there.

I got all of my prelim route in stuff done. My recruiters then took me down to the EPF office. I had my suitcases and a box or two of stuff along with my "ghetto blaster" with my fave Faith No More tape in the player. My recruiters helped me lug all of my worldly possessions into the office. They then turned me over to the Bosun and it was time for me to get my tour of PAC. I asked "What do we do with all my stuff?" I was told to just leave it in the office, it would be safe because after all, this was the most ethical place on the planet. So I went for my tour. Came back to the office a couple of hours later to get into uniform and start my EPF officially.

HOLY SHIT!!!!! Where's my stuff?!?!?! Well, my ghetto blaster was gone, one suitcase and one box were gone as well. In the box had been my favorite stuffed animal. I was mostly upset bout losing my Faith No More tape though. So there I was in a strange place, I knew no one and half of my stuff had just been stolen. Did anyone care? Nope. It's just MEST. But to me, because my family was SO broke, it meant losing a bunch of crap that probably was not worth much to anyone except me. I never did get my stuff back.

I will pause for now and write more about my EPF adventures later. I don't want to make this too long to read. If you find this to be boring, please tell me to stop! I don't want to make an ass of myself!
    "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche

2. Thanks In present time says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Liber8u liked this post
    Patron Meritorious

Not boring at all.

4. Likes Liber8u liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticPsychotic View Post
    I will pause for now and write more about my EPF adventures later. I don't want to make this too long to read. If you find this to be boring, please tell me to stop! I don't want to make an ass of myself!
    Not boring; write on and feel free to write more. The old volks like long stories. Come to think of it, so do most of the kiddies around here

Zinj

6. Likes Liber8u liked this post

Keep talking in as much detail as you can remember but no sweat if you leave something out that you remember later - just post it later.
    X GO X OT IV X SCIO

Patron with Honors

I'm listening.

I did the same thing but myself when I was 18 I did call mom and came back home. I paid them back for the airfare as well.

It was the wisest thing to do and I found my way though LA without knowing how to get to any place but I got to LAX and came home. They did not help me to do so either but someone did tell me how to find the bus to LAX. Back there they would go from the hotels in Hollyword by the stars to LAX.

10. Thanks In present time says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticPsychotic View Post
    I was recruited into the Sea Org when I was 13.
    Dear FCP,

In the words of another esoteric school of thought: "It is only the greatest of souls that suffer the greatest indignities, as only the depths of darkness is equal to the heights of the Light such souls as these possess".

And you are just such a soul my friend.

Kudos to you.

Mojo

P.S. the F above stands for Foxy. Thus it is FoxyChaoticPsychotic in my world. And my world is good.

Patron with Honors ChaoticPsychotic's Avatar

Thank you for your encouragement!

Mojo, that is an awesome quote. You crack me up with your name for me tho!:D
    "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche

I was thinking it, but saying it out loud would make me took like one of those old perverts in the bar ...

I'd love to hear more. It's an unending source of wonderment to me how so many stories are so similar, yet the details given by each individual who speaks out always seems to bring new meaning.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast