Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DB's at FCDC

Default DB's at FCDC

Well, since I can't figure out how to delete it.... In another thread, someone speculated on any inroads made into the African American community (DC is something like 80% black, mostly well-off, this fact fabulously underreported). In the 1970's, Richards, then Franks, and even Mervine encouraged the body routers to avoid "the DB's" [that was the code, though Franks, Richards, Wisner, and most of the high-ups, as well as the public and Div 2 reges would say "the nigs"]. Truly disgusting.

Worse, two of the best body routers DC ever had were AA, and some of this talk was done right in front of them. One took it, and one didn't. And then there was Lynn Fountain, who repeatedly kept me out of session with her perfectly hemispherical breasts and astoundingly fine legs. Good auditor, and a kind, lovely person. Lynn, if you read this.... <sigh!> Still have a sticky crush on you!
    Last edited by GoButtonIsBlowButton; 17th April 2008 at 12:26 AM.

ok, weird. posting under the infulence... did you nkow my parents? John Boucher and Catherine Pool?

p.s. i guess I am posting under the infulence myself

Bill Jones worked for me in HCO. He was dark.
    “…Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes exist….” ~L. Ron Hubbard, “Critics of Scientology”, November 5, 1967

The Truth About The Freezone

Wrong Place,

I knew your parents well.
    Your father use to work on my vehicle. I knew your mother when she was LRH Comm. I remember you and your sisters, although you were quite young. Tell your mother an old friend says Hi.

The Anabaptist Jacques

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Blog Entries

I was in the org from 1978-80 on staff, then in and out until 1990. There were several black staff including a body router and an estates guy. The G.O. (which was in the same building at 2125 "S" Street) also had people of color including Alex and Pat Jones. Barbara Burns watched staff and org public's children. I don't recall ever hearing the word "nig" or "nigger" used and I'm pretty sure that Tom Clapp and other body routers would bring anyone in who wasn't a homeless person or Type III.

At this point use of the term "DB" indicated a degraded thetan (or even an animal thetan) and the person wouldn't benefit much from auditing and would require constant supervision on staff, taking up resources. Homeless people of any color might easily be DBs. Psych patients were sometimes DBs. There were a couple of "shock cases" who volunteered from time to time and I think they were referred to this way. It seemed to me to be independent of skin color.

LRH obviously had made comments on the tapes about the SA case and what it required to run. FCDC still had original open reel tapes that undoubtedly contained more racism than the sanitized stuff you hear today. This kind of thinking must have had an effect on technical people, but it wasn't obvious from watching the lines. The key question always was, "did the person have money or resources to pay for services?"

I knew Cathy Boucher and worked alongside her on staff. John was in the TTC and may have only studied on Foundation Org. I remember that he had a motorcycle and was serious most of the time. Later on I tried to recover him and Cathy when they blew and were living in a little apartment a few blocks from the org. HCO got to do all the fun stuff ...

It's funny that you say John Boucher was serious all the time. I had a totally different impression of him. He was always joking around and doing impersonations of people. I guess you're right though he did have a very serious streak and I think he was prone to depression. He had low self worth. He went to scientology to handle that, just as anyone seeking improvement is entitled to seek out and HAVE it. He was vulnerable, no doubt. I have come to accept the manner in which he died and I forgive him and my mother fully. I even have forgiven LRH. But I cannot forget what happened and just because I am able to overcome strong emotions does not make it alright or excusable for Scientology to continue operation as a religion when it has really degraded into a harmful and destructive cult. Talk about a Degraded Being. Scientology is a DC: Degraded Culture.

Default Unfortunately...

I stand by my original post, unfortunately. Richards was embarrassed about it, Wisner pushed it hard, Franks giggled about it. Saw it first-hand many, many times. There was a filter, based on the idea that they were a waste of time (a caricature of no job, no money, whatever).
    Kabbalah -- It's like Scientology, only with a Jew-y center. (My name above is taken from Big League Sales Closing Techniques, now owned by FCDC alumnus Peter Letterese)

Blog Entries

I'm not disputing what happened under the Franks regime. Missions were sent to clean up the staff after Bill & Jeannie left. They had late night sessions where the staff talked about the so-called "group engrams" that were hurting production. Of course some other eval found these sessions to be squirrel. Maybe the blatant racist stuff got canned as a finding.

Keep in mind with John that I was an ethics officer or representing ethics and, earlier, staff recruitment when I encountered him. Debbie Masters, OES at the time, even asked that I wear black clothes so as to be more imposing. He may have kept his "game face" on and not laughed or smiled due to my Darth Vader presence (which deteriorated into Jabba the Hut later).

Patron with Honors Pliny Younger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongPlaceRightTime View Post
    It's funny that you say John Boucher was serious all the time. I had a totally different impression of him. He was always joking around and doing impersonations of people. I guess you're right though he did have a very serious streak and I think he was prone to depression. He had low self worth.
    I remember John as a light hearted funny guy.

Hell, after little sleep and almost no pay (I think I might have gotten 40 dollars one week as the Dir Comm), almost not training and no auditing, we all got serious and depressed.

PY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast