Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Who is Alan?

  1. #1
    Madam ESMB Emma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,553

    Default Who is Alan?

    I'm not sure that most of you would be aware who the member "Alan" is.

    We are very fortunate to have him as a member because he is probably the greatest source of information on this planet with regards to LRH, the formation of the tech, the mission holders debarcle, the expansion of Scientology in the 60s etc etc. You name it - he was there.

    I'll let Alan tell you more about himself as he wants to. But to give you an idea of what I mean, he was Clear #8! He also is a member of the critic "hall of fame" with his own entry on Scientology's DA website - Religious Freedom Watch.

    Do a google search http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%2...&start=10&sa=N and read up on him so you can ask him some curly questions. He has some great stories and I'd love to get him talking.

    Alan also founded the very successful "Knowledgism". http://www.knowledgism.com/

    Cheers,

    Emma


  2. #2
    Patron with Honors jodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    175

    Default Ah, thank you!!!!

    Thanks for that!!!! There was another Alan I knew, also a big deal, but I didn't vibe so well with him. But THIS Alan, now that is a different story. He is wonderful, one of my favourite people!

    You are right, we are extremely lucky to have him here - most of the really big league players very seldom hang out on the net - there were some really major people out on the net a decade ago, but you see very few of them nowadays, so this is wonderful.

    Looking forward to some real quality conversations!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

    - jodie

  3. #3
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Damn Emma. You got Sten & Alan over here....in less than one week.....
    What the hell..are you doing- baking cookies for them or what...? :D

  4. #4
    Madam ESMB Emma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,553

    Default

    When I first left the CoS and found IRC, Alan was a regular chatter and he and I got on really well. He helped me in ways he wouldn't even realise. I loved talking to him and probably drove him nuts with my ceaseless questions.

    Gordon Bell was also around a lot at the time, but I doubt we'll ever see him make an appearance. I still chat him him sometimes on IRC as well.

    Both these guys are amazing to talk to about Scn. They were there - right there with LRH in the beginning.

    Sten has been really supportive to me though this whole project. I had quite a number of false starts and he hung in there encouraging and offering help and advice where he could. He was been a good friend and I appreciate it .

    I would bake them cookies if I could, I adore them both.


  5. #5
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    451

    Default oh THAT alan!

    Heh.

    Yes we are very fortunate. And I have been fortunate enuf to call Alan my friend since 1967. I respect him because has been consistant in his individuality despite overwelming group pressure to conform to norms he rejects.

    He's now pedlling his own brand of (non oily) rub-on enlightenment. I wish him all the best.

    If you're ever out this way, Alan. Be sure to drop in. All the furniture is oversized.

    Dennis


    Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I'm not sure that most of you would be aware who the member "Alan" is.

    We are very fortunate to have him as a member because he is probably the greatest source of information on this planet with regards to LRH, the formation of the tech, the mission holders debarcle, the expansion of Scientology in the 60s etc etc. You name it - he was there.

    I'll let Alan tell you more about himself as he wants to. But to give you an idea of what I mean, he was Clear #8! He also is a member of the critic "hall of fame" with his own entry on Scientology's DA website - Religious Freedom Watch.

    Do a google search http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%2...&start=10&sa=N and read up on him so you can ask him some curly questions. He has some great stories and I'd love to get him talking.

    Alan also founded the very successful "Knowledgism". http://www.knowledgism.com/

    Cheers,

    Emma

  6. #6
    Gold Meritorious Patron Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montague, Texas
    Posts
    3,303

    Default

    Thanks Dennis!

    Few know Dennis, but he was the best Qual Sec, Cramming Officer I ever had the pleasure of hating.

    Long ago I got past the point of winning in life.....so what could drive me forward?

    I found my go button......MASTERY.....taking a subject or area into mastery.

    Dennis helped me tremendously to raise my levels of mastery.

    Back in 1973, I had the choices of many Orgs to send my newbie, wannabe auditors to be trained, because Dennis was at the LA Org, I chose that Org., I sent over 250 people to be trained Class IV, XDN auditors.

    He did a great job......

    He is not just a friend....he's a true, great friend as he will kick-ass if he observes it is needed.

    Alan
    ________
    Last edited by Moderator 1; 27th January 2013 at 02:12 PM.

  7. #7
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    451

    Default

    And you know it's funny Alan, but you have been present in my life at key moments that elevated.

    This being one of them, I think.

    Be well, my friend.
    Dennis

  8. #8

    Cool

    Heh... Had figured out who Alan was a little while ago. I love the way he writes, actually. He strikes me as someone who writes as easily as he would speak in public. What's really cool here is that we now have proof positive that the EXSCN board has it's first instance of accomplishing it's stated goal: tarbaby, Dennis and Allan have hooked up and are saying hello! Way to go, gang! :cool:

    (Addendum: And I just happen to mention Clear #8 in post number 8 of the thread [Twilight Zone Music]
    Last edited by Oingo Boingo; 15th January 2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Additional Brain Fart

  9. #9
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oingo Boingo View Post
    <sipt>.... accomplishing it's stated goal: tarbaby, Dennis and Allan have hooked up and are saying hello!
    I know there's a lot personhood packed into Alan and me, but we don't quite add up to 3 people. Free clue re Dennis: I are he.

  10. #10
    Madam ESMB Emma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tarbaby View Post
    I know there's a lot personhood packed into Alan and me, but we don't quite add up to 3 people. Free clue re Dennis: I are he.
    Don't sell yourself short


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •