Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The Joy of X

Gold Meritorious Patron EP - Ethics Particle's Avatar

Default Bump fro S&L!

Here ya go, Sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by EP - Ethics Particle View Post
    Zinj and others - here it is. I'm copying this from an old note that says "To Shirley from Margaret xxxxxx (my mother) 9/30/69" it goes on to say "This can be kept indefnitely without refrigeration if grease drippings from your barbecue are not in it." I make it up in a gallon container which leaves enough room to "shake it up" which should be done fairly often, as it "settles out" quick particularly when newly made. Apply frequently with brush or clean piece of towel wrapped around a stick and tied. Good marinade, too.

BARBECUE SAUCE !/2 gal.

1 quart apple cider vinegar
    1 quart water
    1/2 cup prepared mustard (French's yellow is best)
    4 Tablespoons black pepper
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/3 cup salt
    1/2 bottle Worchestshire Sauce
    1 bottle catsup (Brook's if you can get it)
    Hot sauce to taste if you think you need it.

Small recepie of Barbecue Sauce

1 cup vinegar
    1 cup water
    2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
    1 Tablespoons Black pepper
    2 Tablespoons sugar
    1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
    1/8 bottle Worchestshire sauce
    1/4 bottle Catsup
    Hot Sauce to taste

That's just the way she wrote it. She was the best.

Have fun with this and keep in touch. I really want to hear re this and will post more about BBQ'ing and tell stories if you want me to. Big "FISH FRYS" were fun to and "Coon Suppers" - was a colorful time in the country.

Love, EP

REQUEST - this is "off topic" - maybe could be moved over to EP's thread afer you guys have seen it.
    "Chastise the scoundrels, unmask the charlatans, and tutor the unschooled mob."

Talking Yummy BBQ lives on!

Thanks EP, This sounds great, good ole Froggie sounds like a good ole boy. This is a good example of how our creative work lives on beyond us here, and how we effect many more lives than we know in our lifetime.

Your Mom and Grandma are treasures, just like mine. Sure, they still check in and give love, comfort, advice and support, they are as close as thought, as is Alan, who seems to be having a wonderful time checking in and playing with all of us who love him but could not meet him in person...:D

I hear ya EP, If everyone on earth had my upbringing, this place would be paradise. I have always been so greatly blessed, I am very grateful for all the good people and love in my life, then, now, and in the times to come.

I know you are, too.

Thanks for the great recepie and story!
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567