Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul's Robot Auditor

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cat's Squirrel View Post
    I don't use Windows. Are the sound files an indispensable part of the process?
    No, but they make it feel much more like a "proper" session than a solo session. The audio component is clearly shown--at least, it is in the more recent modules--so that it is possible to skip it if you must.

I'll have to do some more research on browsers. Someone must have made a plug-in for Firefox that allows the user to play background files automatically. I know it's nice to have the option of shutting off background sound that plays automatically, but it seems that Firefox has that as the *only* possibility.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    No, but they make it feel much more like a "proper" session than a solo session. The audio component is clearly shown--at least, it is in the more recent modules--so that it is possible to skip it if you must.

I'll have to do some more research on browsers. Someone must have made a plug-in for Firefox that allows the user to play background files automatically. I know it's nice to have the option of shutting off background sound that plays automatically, but it seems that Firefox has that as the *only* possibility.

Paul
    Ugh. Nasty proprietary bgsound tags....

http://www.webreference.com/js/column20/embed.html
    "Deception is the ethics of war." - John Singleton Mosby

Quote Originally Posted by Div6 View Post
    Ugh. Nasty proprietary bgsound tags....

http://www.webreference.com/js/column20/embed.html
    Yes. But I must have it so that the sound plays automatically when the page opens, as quickly as possible, without any controls or anything else appearing on the page or anything needing clicking. If you can show me how to do that and be more browser-friendly, I would be very grateful.

Paul

Yes. But I must have it so that the sound plays automatically when the page opens, as quickly as possible, without any controls or anything else appearing on the page or anything needing clicking. If you can show me how to do that and be more browser-friendly, I would be very grateful.

Paul

Problem is Paul ANY form of "automatic execution" upon download constitutes a wide open security problem on a computer.

Windows does it because the M$ business model is all about installing security problems on computers and making money off of them. That, as well as general sloppiness on their part, accounts for the ugly M$ history of major security flaws.

Public software standards created by software professionals won't allow it. Hence your dependence on non-standard proprietary html.

The rule of thumb is: automatic execution equals VERY BAD.

Mark A. Baker

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Baker View Post

Public software standards created by software professionals won't allow it. Hence your dependence on non-standard proprietary html.

The rule of thumb is: automatic execution equals VERY BAD.

Mark A. Baker
    Well, tough. I need to have web pages that will play a sound file automatically when you open them. I do have several hundred pages on my CCHs 1-4 Robot that have Flash files connected to them that require an additional two clicks, one to open the file and one to close the file, and it works because it's the only way I can do it. But I can't do that trick with my normal modules because it is too distractive to the session.

I don't mind what format the file is in. I currently use mp3, but I can change if I have to, if it would be an improvement.

I want to know how I CAN do it, not why I CAN'T do it. It's OK if it will only work after the user downloads a zip file that I provide, as the user can run that zip file through whatever anti-virus programs he wants to.

I thought we had some computer experts here.

Paul

Gold Meritorious Patron thetanic's Avatar

Well, tough. I need to have web pages that will play a sound file automatically when you open them. I do have several hundred pages on my CCHs 1-4 Robot that have Flash files connected to them that require an additional two clicks, one to open the file and one to close the file, and it works because it's the only way I can do it. But I can't do that trick with my normal modules because it is too distractive to the session.

I don't mind what format the file is in. I currently use mp3, but I can change if I have to, if it would be an improvement.

I want to know how I CAN do it, not why I CAN'T do it. It's OK if it will only work after the user downloads a zip file that I provide, as the user can run that zip file through whatever anti-virus programs he wants to.

I thought we had some computer experts here.

Paul
    The newfangled way is the <audio> tag, but I don't know all the parameters offhand. I'll look into it.

I found this online today. I didn't ask the anonymous author's permission to copypasta it, but since he didn't ask mine to copypasta a whole page of mine I'm sure he won't mind.

From "Pocky" 29/8/08 on a message board at http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread386394/pg1

K guys, in the past few years I was experiencing a stress that never weighed me down before, because I used to be carefree as a child and had yet to experience the stress that comes from dealing with the harsh people in customer service. I was looking for something, self helps books were good they kept me motivated every now and then. But this thing, I stumbled upon this video, and this thing had me feeling as light as a cloud for days. But of course, if you knew how I was feeling before, you would understand how immense the before and after effect was for me. It seems a lot of other people have had similar experiences to me. It was great stumbling upon this simple video, I was just feeling vibrant from the inside, very happy, like the weight of the world I had been carrying around dissipated. I really hope you guys can get a similar experience from it, so if you try it out, tell me what came of it.

There's no guarantee you'll get the same 'light as a cloud' feeling as me. I think that was relative to the weight that came off my shoulders. It was a priceless, euphoric feeling, and the great part is that what he explained before hand about it helping control my mental images was, what I realized I was unable to do before I found this, and was consciously able to do after watching the video. I think it was an immense noticeable difference, because I had gone for so long feeling immense stress 24/7, and the after effect was the most genuine, serene, happy feeling I have ever felt or recall feeling. It was like I could once again experience the way I saw the world as a carefree happy child, very in control of my thoughts.
    Paul

I found this online today. I didn't ask the anonymous author's permission to copypasta it, but since he didn't ask mine to copypasta a whole page of mine I'm sure he won't mind.

From "Pocky" 29/8/08 on a message board at http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread386394/pg1

Paul
    Thats a damn good success story.

I'm jealous!!

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    Thats a damn good success story.

I'm jealous!!
    Yeah, it is pretty good for a non-Scio newbie, isn't it?

Feel free to post it on your forums. :D

Paul

Paul
    That's a great win. Better than Gat....and free.
    "Deception is the ethics of war." - John Singleton Mosby

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast