Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Paul's Robot Auditor

Gold Meritorious Patron Helena Handbasket's Avatar

Default Re: Paul's Robot Auditor

I tried Paul's Robot, but I couldn't get it to work.

Helena
    My social skills are so bad I can't even sustain a fantasy relationship.

Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helena Handbasket View Post

Helena
    Did you try it with fresh batteries?
    -Len Zinberg

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough,
    we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
    -Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

www.xenu.net

www.tonyortega.org

3. LOL! Jump laughed at this post

Helena

You weren't doing this in a coffee shop were you?

Srsly, if you message the producer I'm sure you will get a private walkthrough.

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Default Re: PaulsRobot

Quote Originally Posted by Jump View Post
    Srsly, if you message the producer I'm sure you will get a private walkthrough.
    I prefer public ones to avoid the repetition, one reason I did the Robot thing in the first place: write once audit many.

The steps to do, in order, are roughly:

1. Does Rub & Yawn work for you? You can test this without even reading up on any theory, but you have to DO this: vigorously rub your body for a few minutes, chest, arms, legs, rub your hands together, rub (stockinged) feet on the carpet. This action should produce some kind of visible bodily discharge like yawns, sighing, twitching, stretching like when you're tired or just got up in the morning; the stretching is voluntary but the yawns/sighs etc are involuntary.

If this doesn't work -- and you actually DID rub vigorously for a few minutes by the clock -- then check out these external articles on letting go of stress linked from this PaulsRobot3 Rub & Yawn page section. They should contain the solution, but it isn't instant.

If Rub & Yawn doesn't work for you, then there's no point in trying any of these later steps as they won't work.

2. Have you ever had a successful Rub & Yawn session? Probably the easiest starting point is this video below. Again, you have to DO exactly what it says. If you treat it like watching an exercise video while sprawled on the couch drinking beer it's not going to work. It has proper uploaded subtitles you can turn on.

3. Have you read the theory at PaulsRobot (not PaulsRobot2)? You don't need to have a 100% understanding of all this, but the more the better.

4. Are the pre-session (sessionability) points in hand? This isn't an absolute, but to the extent that they're out the session will tend to fail. Like if you slept two hours last night, just smoked some weed, haven't eaten since yesterday, the TV is blaring, the kids and dogs are all over you, and you aren't willing to follow the instructions anyway, the session isn't going to go anywhere.

5. Are you ABLE to read and follow the instructions? This isn't meant to be an insult, but if your comprehension of written English is poor, and/or you generally prefer to ignore instructions and "find your own way" with things, then it isn't likely to work out well. This includes assuming it's like what you studied in Psych 101 or it's Scientology and you're a classed auditor and know it all anyway.

6. Have you had successful sessions with PaulsRobot (at www.paulsrobot.com) and are pretty familiar with the flow of how the (Trio) Reach & Withdraw, 6-Direction, Rogerian commands work, how to switch between them via the Main Options screen, where Rub & Yawn fits in, how to rapidly fix "shutting down" (= anaten, boil-off, dope-off, suddenly going to sleep), when to stop doing any particular procedure, and when to end the session? Are you familiar with what should get written on a session report? (You can see examples at http://paulsrobot3.com/1st/sample-sessions.htm but they will look like gibberish if you're not familiar with the underlying session procedures). Have you successfully written a session report while the session is ongoing (not afterwards), and been able to keep going with the session actions without getting distracted much?

7. Onto Iconic at PaulsRobot2. Click around, get familiar with the thing, especially get familiar with what the icons mean ("?") and do. The session procedure is meant to be identical to that at PaulsRobot.com, apart from the addition of keeping a session report as the session progresses, but the presentation of options is via icon links rather than word links.

8. Well, OK. Once you've done steps 1-7 it won't be a waste of time to give PaulsRobot Iconic a serious try.

Now, you don't have to do all steps 1-7 to visit PaulsRobot2 and click around and get thoroughly confused while admiring the niftiness of it all, but steps 1-7 is pretty much what it takes to have good sessions with Iconic.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

6. Thanks Hatshepsut, Jump says "thank you" for this post
    Likes RogerB liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post
    Maybe it could become self-aware if it is modified to run on IBM Watson in the cloud?
    You never know.

When it gets to be popular, hosting expenses might become a problem. Hopefully by then, solutions will be available that aren't today. Like the Brave browser, hot in development and gradually becoming more usable, should soon(-ish) allow bitcoin micropayments to be made to websites one is visiting. So maybe at some point in the future some huge cloud-computing company like Amazon Web Services will allow bitcoin micropayments that will cover the cost of hosting a website with no extra "profit" going to the publisher. I don't want to make money out of PaulsRobot but I would have to cover web hosting somehow when the cost becomes non-trivial.

-----

PG, are you familiar with javascript? I have a problem with the textbox on Iconic in that the caret (insertion point, where the next typed character will appear) won't scroll down to the end. If you look this up online you see several "solutions," but I've tried all that I've seen and none work with Iconic the way it is set up currently.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Quote Originally Posted by DoneDeal View Post
    Check out his scn monopoly game. I hope it's still around.
    I haven't updated or done anything on it in years, that I recall, beyond re-registering the domain name every year. The web site is at http://scientopoly.com, and the video I made is here:

I've still got the board I made and all the pieces, cards, chips etc somewhere, but haven't played the thing in years.

Paul

9. Thanks lotus says "thank you" for this post
    Likes lotus, Hatshepsut liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Has anyone on ESMB made use of Paul's Robot?

One at a time, please...
    Years ago I copied out some posts from ESMB about PaulsRobot / Rub & Yawn etc. Some are in the lower left-hand column on the front page at my Yawnguy site at http://yawnguy.com/. There are others from ESMB posters elsewhere on that page too.

There are even two from Alanzo. Heh. Here's the first one:

I just ran that session and blew charge [i.e. harmful mental energy]! I remembered how much I love auditing [i.e. getting sessions]! Thanks, Paul!! – Alanzo 14/9/07

Paul

11. Thanks Hatshepsut says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Churchill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Years ago I copied out some posts from ESMB about PaulsRobot / Rub & Yawn etc. Some are in the lower left-hand column on the front page at my Yawnguy site at http://yawnguy.com/. There are others from ESMB posters elsewhere on that page too.

There are even two from Alanzo. Heh. Here's the first one:
    I just ran that session and blew charge [i.e. harmful mental energy]! I remembered how much I love auditing [i.e. getting sessions]! Thanks, Paul!! Alanzo 14/9/07

Paul

Quite an endorsement there, Paul.
    -Len Zinberg

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough,
    we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It's simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."
    -Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

www.xenu.net

www.tonyortega.org

13. LOL! Dulloldfart laughed at this post
    True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

<snip>
    PG, are you familiar with javascript? I have a problem with the textbox on Iconic in that the caret (insertion point, where the next typed character will appear) won't scroll down to the end. If you look this up online you see several "solutions," but I've tried all that I've seen and none work with Iconic the way it is set up currently.

Paul

I am not familiar with doing Javascript / ECMAscript.

My career entailed hardware diagnostics and embedded systems apps using assembly language, C, a bit of C++, and Lua.
    Last edited by programmer_guy; 6th October 2016 at 06:23 AM.
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

15. Thanks Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
    Likes oneonewasaracecar liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Helena Handbasket's Avatar

Default Re: PaulsRobot

I prefer public ones to avoid the repetition, one reason I did the Robot thing in the first place: write once audit many.

The steps to do, in order, are roughly:

1. Does Rub & Yawn work for you? ...
    When I said I couldn't get it to work, I didn't mean I didn't get any gains from the session; I meant the software didn't do anything -- it just froze.

But I just tried it again and this time I was able to get the software to do something. (I have an updated version of the Iceweasel browser now.) So I'll give it another try.

Helena
    My social skills are so bad I can't even sustain a fantasy relationship.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast