Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formal introduction and a request

Default Formal introduction and a request

Hello everyone!

I want to first thank you for the warm welcomes that I have received since my recent first couple of posts. I am not an ex - but a long time critic (and lurker) who first learned about Scientology in 1998 after moving to Los Angeles. At my first protest (Kristi Wachter invited me... is she still in the critic biz?) Anyway at my first protest - an LRH Birthday event - Mark Bunker scared the bejesus out of me when he approached with his camera and asked pointedly "Why do you protest?" "Um, um I don't know..." was all I could come up with. Not very compelling, I know. But I did know why, I just couldn't articulate it at that moment. I came to later find out that it was Mark Bunker's 1st protest as well (pretty sure) and Tory Christman was still in! How times have changed.

My temp job in Century City became my own personal print and copy station as I printed out reams of info from the internet and told anyone who would listen all about Scientology. I wasn't put off by the "tech" because I have a decidedly spiritual side and am fairly open minded. I mean, once you read about the reptilian conspiracy theories and the Illuminati, it makes Xenu sound like Sesame Street.

I didn't have much direct experience with Scientologists but I did lose a couple of artist friends (we weren't close - just from the same hometown) because they started taking classes at the Beverly Hills Playhouse and suddenly could no longer associate with me or my then boyfriend, now-husband. But I never made my views a secret, so I suppose it was bound to happen.

Fast foward 10 years and the recent resurgence in critical activity has made this a uniquely important time for me to work on a project that has long been close to my heart. I do not want to say much more online but if you are interested and willing to tell your story or talk about your Scn experience (anonymity guaranteed if you desire), please do contact me through the PM system and I will send you more information.

I have introduced myself to Emma and you can also verify my intentions/project details with Kendra over at ESK. I use the same handle and Kendra has put several ESKs in touch with me and Astra Woodcraft has also agreed to participate. I may contact some of you through the PM (as there are many I would like to talk to...) but feel free to contact me as well.

That said, I wish you all a wonderful day and hope to hear from many of you soon.

Namaste
    -MLWilde
    Last edited by MLWilde; 4th August 2008 at 10:00 PM.

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MLWilde View Post
    Hello everyone!

I want to first thank you for the warm welcomes that I have received since my recent first couple of posts. I am not an ex - but a long time critic (and lurker) who first learned about Scientology in 1998 after moving to Los Angeles. At my first protest (Kristi Wachter invited me... is she still in the critic biz?) Anyway at my first protest - an LRH Birthday event - Mark Bunker scared the bejesus out of me when he approached with his camera and asked pointedly "Why do you protest?" "Um, um I don't know..." was all I could come up with. Not very compelling, I know. But I did know why, I just couldn't articulate it at that moment. I came to later find out that it was Mark Bunker's 1st protest as well (pretty sure) and Tory Christman was still in! How times have changed.

My temp job in Century City became my own personal print and copy station as I printed out reams of info from the internet and told anyone who would listen all about Scientology. I wasn't put off by the "tech" because I have a decidedly spiritual side and am fairly open minded. I mean, once you read about the reptilian conspiracy theories and the Illuminati, it makes Xenu sound like Sesame Street.

I didn't have much direct experience with Scientologists but I did lose a couple of artist friends (we weren't close - just from the same hometown) because they started taking classes at the Beverly Hills Playhouse and suddenly could no longer associate with me or my then boyfriend, now-husband. But I never made my views a secret, so I suppose it was bound to happen.

Fast foward 10 years and the recent resurgence in critical activity has made this a uniquely important time for me to work on a project that has long been close to my heart. I do not want to say much more online but if you are interested and willing to tell your story or talk about your Scn experience (anonymity guaranteed if you desire), please do contact me through the PM system and I will send you more information.

I have introduced myself to Emma via PM and mail but I am not sure if she received the messages, you can also verify my intentions/project details with Kendra over at ESK. I use the same handle and Kendra has put several ESKs in touch with me and Astra Woodcraft has also agreed to participate. I believe it is against the rules (here) to PM anyone without permission and there are many on here that I would like to talk with about this project so please, even if you haven't made up your mind about speaking out, please feel free to contact me for more info or just to ask questions.

That said, I wish you all a wonderful day and hope to hear from many of you soon.

Namaste
    -MLWilde
    Well, welcome to ESMB. I may have met you on elron way in '99 too. Were you at Graham's party later? At the Shrine?

Kristi is still trouping along, but, mostly by keeping her website going. She's busier than the rest of us usually

Zinj

to ESMB!
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

Quote Originally Posted by Zinjifar View Post
    At the Shrine?

Zinj
    Hi Zinj!
    I started at the protest at the Holywood Blvd location where the Green Scn sign is. Then we moved to Hollywood/Ivar-ish?) Then I hitched a ride with a very nice person in a little car, who took me to the continue the protest at the Shrine and he (or someone??) took me back home to Hollywood. A kind protester gave me a sign, "Sop hurting children," how ironic it would turn out to be and I remember the one guy who kept chanting "Resistance is futile, you will be enturbulated."

I didn't go to the party... I was a bit shy, 23 and knew no one really. But it was a great experience. Was Kristi there too? I remember her in a red jumpsuit with a sandwich board sign thing... or am I remembering it from pictures? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by MLWilde View Post
    Hi Zinj!
    I started at the protest at the Holywood Blvd location where the Green Scn sign is. Then we moved to Hollywood/Ivar-ish?) Then I hitched a ride with a very nice person in a little car, who took me to the continue the protest at the Shrine and he (or someone??) took me back home to Hollywood. A kind protester gave me a sign, "Sop hurting children," how ironic it would turn out to be and I remember the one guy who kept chanting "Resistance is futile, you will be enturbulated."

I didn't go to the party... I was a bit shy, 23 and knew no one really. But it was a great experience. Was Kristi there too? I remember her in a red jumpsuit with a sandwich board sign thing... or am I remembering it from pictures? I can't remember.
    I'll assume I met you then. Yes, Kristi was at the party, and, you missed Graham's showing of his deposition tape with Davey

She's always got the picketing jammies. Or did.

Zinj

Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome. This site has been a great place to get information and talk to others of similar pasts.

Welcome to ESMB. This is a place populated my several who were never in. Like me- ex-husband in. What I love about the place is all the differing viewpoints and the validation we are willing to give one another. You will love us for your own reasons!

Have fun!
    I believe that a committed group of men and women can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that can.

- Margaret Mead -

Quote Originally Posted by feline View Post
    Welcome to ESMB. This is a place populated my several who were never in. Like me- ex-husband in. What I love about the place is all the differing viewpoints and the validation we are willing to give one another. You will love us for your own reasons!

Have fun!
    Be thankful for the invalidations too

No friendship should be without them

Zinj

Quote Originally Posted by Zinjifar View Post
    I'll assume I met you then. Yes, Kristi was at the party, and, you missed Graham's showing of his deposition tape with Davey
    Zinj
    Then - Nice to see you here! Been a long time. I hope that I will be invited to the cool parties now that I am older, and wiser, and well, more cool.

Fool on the Hill Voltaire's Child's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Smile

Hello and welcome!
    I am truly into myself, yes. And I'm just as interested in other people. When I'm not thinking of one, I'm thinking of the other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast