Thread: Peggy Conway

Default Peggy Conway

Are there any oldtimers or researchers out there that have any information on Peggy Conway, a South African entertainer who became an auditor in the 1950s and was a "longtime friend" of Hubbard. She died in 1957 and Hubbard talked about her in the tape "Individuation", using her death as an example of what can happen to a person who's withholds are not cleaned up. He also wrote a poem, "Eulogy for a Friend" which has been published in the Ron the Poet/Lyricist mag.
    I would also like to find out if there are any pictures from the early days of Dianetics where she is included and identified. Thanks!

Default Conway

LRH named his 7th and last child, born on June 6th, 1958, Arthur Ronald Conway Hubbard.
    "If a religion requires you to make a choice between your religion and your family, there is something wrong with that religion." Alan Henderson, 2007, A loving father of six childen.

Click here to read about crimes or wrong doings within the Church of Scientology

Default Re: Peggy Conway

So far as I know Peggy Conway was from the USA. At the end of 1956 (I think December) I was on what we were told was the "trial" for the communication training drills, which were then called "Dummy Auditing Drills" at the London HASI. Mary Sue Hubbard and Peggy Conway were on the course. Rosina Mann ran it, and we understood she conferred with Ron everyday. I understood that Mary Sue and Peggy were close friends.

All best wishes, Ant
    "Freedom exists amongst barriers. A totality of barriers and a totality of freedom alike are no-game condition.
    Each is similarly cruel. Each is similarly purposeless."

L.Ron Hubbard, Fundamentals of Thought, Chapter 6. (1956, from 1972 edition)

And in September 1964, I think, he wrote a Policy Letter to the effect that the public wanted total freedom so that is what we will offer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Scientologist View Post
    Are there any oldtimers or researchers out there that have any information on Peggy Conway, a South African entertainer who became an auditor in the 1950s and was a "longtime friend" of Hubbard. She died in 1957 and Hubbard talked about her in the tape "Individuation", using her death as an example of what can happen to a person who's withholds are not cleaned up. He also wrote a poem, "Eulogy for a Friend" which has been published in the Ron the Poet/Lyricist mag.
    I would also like to find out if there are any pictures from the early days of Dianetics where she is included and identified. Thanks!

Welcome!

Apparently her name was Lavinia (Peggy) Conway

Whatever is on the net under "Peggy Conway" can be found here

"Peggy Conway" scientology
    https://www.google.com/#q=%22Peggy+C...22+scientology

and here:
    "Lavinia Conway" scientology
    https://www.google.com/#q=%22Lavinia...2++scientology

Good luck!
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    My blogs include:
    Formerly Fooled and Finally Free From The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

Ex-Sea Org Helpline
    "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Silver Meritorious Patron Knows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Scientologist View Post
    What happens to a person whose withholds are not cleaned up? Wow - there is hope for Captain Black Heart David Miscavige to exteriorize into something!! LOL He is withholding a whole shit load of stuff! Everytime he walks in his John Lobb Loafers that some member donated $5,000 and went without a car for a year - the World is restimulating Miscavige's withhold. When he eats food - he gets restimulated - his team mates are eating slop.

Wow - the withholds are bloody and messy. Hurry Slappy - exteriorize please?