William Sargant - The Mind Possessed

Volney Mathison - Creative Image Therapy
    http://www.lermanet.com/exit/creative-image-therapy.htm

Arthur J. Cox’s Story of LRH’s mastery of Stage Type Hypnotism,
    The Science-Fiction Advertiser, July 1952,
    http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hypnosis-index.htm

Forest Ackerman's typewritten notes on L Ron Hubbard, May, 1948
    http://www.lermanet.com/exit/hypnosis-index.htm
    The Inventor of the E-Meter, Volney Matheson describes how Hubbard got you: LINK

How to become an Expert Operator(c) 1931 30 Mb pdf

"Contrary to general belief, it has been my experience that the more intelligent the subject, the easier it is to induce hypnosis" Ralph Slater - "Hypnotism" May 1950 Large PDF of entire book

The secret of Dianetics

Thanks for the recommendations, Arnie! These look interesting.....
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

3. Thanks Lermanet_com says "thank you" for this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wisened One View Post
    Thanks for the recommendations, Arnie! These look interesting.....

Indeed... they will change your life...

Joost Meerloo's "Rape of the Mind" is recommended reading in the Kubark interrogation manual, because "it will help you to find out more about yourself"

Joost Meerloo caught much flak from his 'peers' for writing his books on human nature, psychology, in plain english so that anyone could read them... he was a psychiatrist who was detained by the Nazis and released with the help of the French Resistance'

He reflects on what he learned and wrote his books in an effort to help people to know themselves better, and his books were his life's effort to make this a better world, and to try to fix what ails us as a society..

I considered them so important, I found copies and purchased them and then scanned and webbed the text for all to see, because his work was out of print and the copies we bought were quite pricey...I also considered them so important that they reside in the directory on on Lermanet.com called /scientology/

You do not have to read them from the beginning, you can start anywhere and browse...
    his short almost sonnet like stories illustrate the characteristics of human psychology, and you will never be the same again..

----------------

Another guy that recovering scientologists MUST read is Carl Jung...

People will do anything no matter how absurd to stop from facing their souls. Carl Jung

When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate. Carl Jung

The gigantic catastrophies that threaten us today are not elemental happenings of physical or biological order, but psychic events. To a quite terrifying degree we are threatened by wars and revolutions which are nothing other than psychic epidemics.
    At any moment several millions of human beings may be smitten with a new madness, and then we shall have another world war or devastating revolution, instead of being at the mercy of wild beasts, earthquakes, landslides and inundations, modern man is battered by the elemental forces of his own psyche.

---------------

The masses of men and women in the western world avoid true, authentic psychoanalytic investigation of their natures, particularly in regards the so called 'darker" aspects of the personality (the "shadow" Self). However, not dealing with the psyche at all proves systematically hazardous. A compromise is requires. hence, the proliferation of the the "New age" Philosophy and movement, together with its many permutations.

Riddled with ego-customized shams and gimmicks, the application of its methods serve, for the most part merely to bolster the failing ego and its drives. Jung

----------------------

Western man has made himself bereft of the rites and rituals, the rites of passage, and the Shamanic methods for dealing with the build up of dark psychic content. As a result, he is patently pathologically arrested. His avoidance condemns mankind and the earth.

It engenders psychotic and sadistic leaders, who are able to play on his fears and lower instincts, ad infinitum.

If we do not autonomously cleanse our psyches, and strive to live morally..and if we we continue to violate the natural order because of our inner emotional and psychological toxicity, we will allow the ego to manifest surrogate channels to exorcise its repressions and other negative debris.

In short, if we give up this right-rulership of the self, we inevitably breed "Orwellian" political and religious tyrants to take over the job and turn us into Simmel's "Smiling Depressives," or worse...Jung
    ----------------------

The foundation of all mental illness is the unwillingness to experience legitimate suffering...
    Carl Jung
    Last edited by Lermanet_com; 16th August 2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: english is not my 2nd language
    The Inventor of the E-Meter, Volney Matheson describes how Hubbard got you: LINK

"Contrary to general belief, it has been my experience that the more intelligent the subject, the easier it is to induce hypnosis" Ralph Slater - "Hypnotism" May 1950 Large PDF of entire book

The secret of Dianetics

5. Thanks eldritch cuckoo says "thank you" for this post

Arnie,
    I read Sargent's book when you recommended it on OCMB. There was a movie that covers what Sargent was talking about. It was a story based on a psychiatric ward in a military hospital during World War II. It was kind of like Oak Knoll. The movie is from the early sixties/late fifties. It was called Captain Newman. It starred Gregory Peck as the army psychiatrist. I think Tony Curtis was in it too. But Bobby Darin gave an incredible perfomance as a mentally disturbed GI. The movie was nominated for best picture at the Academy Award but it didn't win. It is well worth seeing.

The Anabaptist Jacques

7. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Blog Entries

I'm glad you read it, the follwing comment is NOT directed AT you, but I have found that reading Sargant's Battle for the Mind turns middle of the road, I think there may be something worthwhile there recovering scientologist types, into rational humans who realize without a doubt that they have been conned by the master liar of all times.

Anyone who says Dianetics is worth reading, must read that book.

Thanks for the mention, here are more quotes that have application in day to day forum politics...

Jung on relationships

The dark aspects of the personal psyche which threatens the ego's autonomy, and its vision of itself, are repressed. The Shadow is the sum of all that we loathe about our own selves.

This content is unconsciously projected onto others, who become external representations of our personal Shadow Selves.

In extreme cases we also process this content through the field of other oblivious victims.

Additionally there is the Collective Psyche and its "dark content" which is likewise projected.

---------------

When we are not integrated, strong and healthy psychologically we invariably turn to external representatives to restore a semblence of needed stability. Parents, Politicians,Teachers, establishment reps, (Police, Army) Medics), Causes, ideals, ...etc

All manner of horrors have arison as a result.

Consensus Trance

If we understand the mechanism and the motives of the group mind, it is now possible to control and regiment the masses according to our will without them knowing" Bernay

The sick individual finds himself at home with all other similarly sick individuals. The whole culture is geared to this kind of pathology. the result is that the average individual does not expereince the separatness and isolation the fluffy schizophrenic person feels. He feels at ease among the the same deformation: in fact, it is the the fully sane person who feels isolated in the insane society - and he he may suffer so much from the incapacity to communicate that it is he who may become psychotic.
    Eric Fromm

When in group narcissim, the object is not the indvidual but the group to which he belongs..The assertion that "my country" (or nation, or religion) is the most wonderful, the cultural, the most peace loving, etc does not sound crazy at all, on the contrary, it sounds like a an expression of patriotism, faith and loyalty."
    Eric Fromm
    Last edited by Lermanet_com; 14th March 2010 at 04:18 PM.

The secret of Dianetics

9. Thanks eldritch cuckoo, Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me, Sautez liked this post

I guess the Freezone makes people Junger and Junger everyday.

The Anabaptist Jacques

11. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Sautez, SweetnessandLight liked this post
    Blog Entries

Life in scientology is much like CS Lewis's description of Hell:

"The Screwtape letters likened hell to a bureaucracy in which everyone is perpetually concerned about dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance and resentment." -

This is a book by a man that revitalized my own joy of discovery..it will rehabilitate those who have wasted years duplicating ron's farce.

What do YOU care what other people think? by Richard Feynman

The secret of Dianetics

13. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me, SweetnessandLight liked this post
    LOL! aegerprimo laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron gomorrhan's Avatar

Feynman, it can safely be said, was a complete genius. I've read three books by him, over the years, and each time it was the start of some major mental gear-shifting. The only author who has influenced me more (outside the scio/freezone bunch) was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Deutsch (for a very amusing, and very interesting, and pretty LONG discussion between him and Frank Tipler about the "Ends of the Universe", check this out http://www.math.tulane.edu/~tipler/tipler/tipler4.html)

15. Thanks Lermanet_com says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Smitty's Avatar

The best book that I have read that directly addresses the cult phenomena is:
    Them and Us, Cult Thinking and the Terrorist Threat
    by Arthur J. Deikman, M.D.
    Paperback published by Vintage Books. US $17.95

Positively brilliant.

Smitty

17. Thanks Lermanet_com says "thank you" for this post

I agree, Deikman's good. I've got one of his books here somewhere.
    "You're either a stranger or a prisoner. That's the choice."

- Michael Ventura

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast