Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Arnie Lerma's recommended reading

Banned

Default Re: Arnie Lerma's recommended reading

“That hatred springs more from self-contempt than from a legitimate grievance is seen in the intimate connection between hatred and a guilty conscience. There is perhaps no surer way of infecting ourselves with virulent hatred toward a person than by doing him a grave injustice. That others have a just grievance against us is a more potent reason for hating them than that we have a just grievance against them. ……Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us.”
    Eric Hoffer, "True Believer" << Essential reading!

3. Thanks esquepitique, Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lermanet_com View Post
    Thank you to the helpful soul who scanned the entirety of Andrew Salter's "Conditioned reflex therapy" which is now available on Scrib D
    HERE

why is this important?

Conditioned reflex therapy is the method Hubbard used in his writing of DMSMH, that allowed his claim that you had a reactive mind, to be accepted by your subconcious as a FACT., which pretty much stuck you into scientology to begin with.

The fact that this is what got many of us into scientology makes this worth learning...

"The only defense against covert manipulation is to familiarize oneself with the techniques being used.." Gorge Estabrooks
    I was the one that scanned that old 1949 salter book and someone uploaded it on scribd

I also have what is hypnosis and "a case against psychoanalysis", as well as a chapter of a academic book, all by Salter. I think I also have a Estabrooks book scanned too. If you are interested, I bring it here.

Trivia (not that uninteresting tho)
    Conditioned Reflex Therapy was also one of the books of Marylin Monroe 400's book collection, recently sold at Christies...
    Conditioned Reflex Therapy inspired the movie The Manchurian Candidate (the older one, suposedly sponsored by Sinatra, Frank).
    Salter argued against the "you can't make a person do somethng against his free will like making crimes..." crowd... during those days we had the murders of JFK, RFK, MLK, Lennon... and many theories saying that there were programmed killers.
    Derren Brown makes a person rob money using hypnosis:

5. Thanks programmer_guy, Lermanet_com says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lermanet_com liked this post

Arnie, I know you are busy and probably has many books still boxed since your last moving (according to a email you sent me years ago, no I am not a scn stalker lol), however, would you please upload the rest of Mathison rare books when you have a chance?

Also, are there any books (old or new) that you happened to know recently?

I have some Salter books scanned and many more related with hypnosis/psychology, etc, I will share it soon.

7. Thanks Lermanet_com says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Lermanet_com liked this post
    Banned

Some excerpts from Political Ponerology:

"Reverse Blockade: emphatically insisting upon something which is the opposite of the truth blocks the average person's mind from perceiving the truth. In accordance with the dictates of healthy common sense, he starts searching for meaning in the "golden mean" between truth and its opposite, winding up with some satisfactory counterfeit. People who think like this do not realize that this effect is precisely the intent of the person who subjects them to this method. "
    Page 104, Political Ponerology by Andrew M. Lobaczewski

"In their paper, "Construct Validity of Psychopathy in a Community Sample... Salekin, Trobst, and Krioukova write "Psychopathy as originally conceived by Cleckley (1941) is not limited to engagement in illegal activities, but rather encompasses such personality characteristics as manipulativeness, insincerity, egocentricity , and lack of guilt - characteristics clearly present in criminals but also in spouses, parents, bosses, attorneys and politicians, and CEOs, to name but a few. (bursten. 1973; Stewart, 1991)...As such. psychopathy may be characterized...as involving a tendency towards dominance and coldness. Wiggens (1995) in summarizing numerous previous findings..indicates such persons are prone to anger and irritation and are willing to exploit others. They are arrogant, manipulative, cynical, exhibitionistic, sensation-seeking, Machiavellian, vindictive and out for their own gain. With respect to their patterns of social exchange (Foa & Foa, 1974), they attribute love and status to themselves, seeing themselves as highly worthy and important, but prescribe neither love nor status to others, seeing them as unworthy and insignificant. " Page 89, Political Ponerology, footnote

"Defamatory suggestions are used particularly often by individuals who are not entirely normal, whose behavior tends to be a projection onto other people of one's own self-critical associations. A normal person strikes a sociopath as a naive, smart-alecky believer in barely comprehensible theories; calling him "crazy" is not that far away" page 180

9. Thanks Lord Xenu, Type4_PTS, everfree, Free Being Me, mischief and 5 others says "thank you" for this post

Default Re:Psychic Vampirism

This ones for you Arnie Lerma and anyone else. Especially those who are still recovering.

This is the best analysis of "evil" I have ever heard.

Michael Tsarion on Psychic Vampirism.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." (Nikola Tesla)

"In the twenty-first century, the robot will take the place which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization."(Nikola Tesla)

11. Thanks RogerB, Lermanet_com, sallydannce says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Lermanet_com View Post
    Some excerpts from Political Ponerology:

"Reverse Blockade: emphatically insisting upon something which is the opposite of the truth blocks the average person's mind from perceiving the truth. In accordance with the dictates of healthy common sense, he starts searching for meaning in the "golden mean" between truth and its opposite, winding up with some satisfactory counterfeit. People who think like this do not realize that this effect is precisely the intent of the person who subjects them to this method. "
    Page 104, Political Ponerology by Andrew M. Lobaczewski

"In their paper, "Construct Validity of Psychopathy in a Community Sample... Salekin, Trobst, and Krioukova write "Psychopathy as originally conceived by Cleckley (1941) is not limited to engagement in illegal activities, but rather encompasses such personality characteristics as manipulativeness, insincerity, egocentricity , and lack of guilt - characteristics clearly present in criminals but also in spouses, parents, bosses, attorneys and politicians, and CEOs, to name but a few. (bursten. 1973; Stewart, 1991)...As such. psychopathy may be characterized...as involving a tendency towards dominance and coldness. Wiggens (1995) in summarizing numerous previous findings..indicates such persons are prone to anger and irritation and are willing to exploit others. They are arrogant, manipulative, cynical, exhibitionistic, sensation-seeking, Machiavellian, vindictive and out for their own gain. With respect to their patterns of social exchange (Foa & Foa, 1974), they attribute love and status to themselves, seeing themselves as highly worthy and important, but prescribe neither love nor status to others, seeing them as unworthy and insignificant. " Page 89, Political Ponerology, footnote

"Defamatory suggestions are used particularly often by individuals who are not entirely normal, whose behavior tends to be a projection onto other people of one's own self-critical associations. A normal person strikes a sociopath as a naive, smart-alecky believer in barely comprehensible theories; calling him "crazy" is not that far away" page 180

Was it you who posted something similar to this back in MAY?
    Thanks for this ^^^post, it reinforced my 'realization' that my now-ex fits all of the above.
    I give up! I am obviously a completely hopeless judge of character.I think, anyone I fancy from now on, I will sic my step sis onto them to suss them out first. lol
    (all is not lost, I'm having fun getting my back yard to how I want it, which seems to be going really well now that I dont have to deal with stoopid head games anymore.)

13. Thanks Lermanet_com says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Jump liked this post
    Banned

A terrific article on Sociopaths targeting those with empathy!

LINK

15. Thanks Free Being Me, esquepitique, mischief, sallydannce says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me, Leon liked this post
    LOL! esquepitique laughed at this post

Wow!

Arnie, you can know how this post brought me to realize a huuuuuuuuuuuuuugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    problem I have with a person with Sociopathic tendancies

I cognited

Many thanks!

15 years of asking myself why she is constantly targetting me while I am the least dangerous to her. (volounteer work environment concerning basic people's rights) Now I get it!
    Last edited by lotus; 26th December 2013 at 04:28 AM.
    English is a second language I don't master, but I do my very best to improve .
    Please don't hesitate to correct anything that makes my writing difficult to read.
    Thank you.

17. Thanks Lermanet_com says "thank you" for this post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    Wow!

Arnie, you can know how this post brought me to realize a huuuuuuuuuuuuuugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    problem I have with a person with Sociopathic tendancies

I cognited

Many thanks!

15 years of asking myself why she is constantly targetting me while I am the least dangerous to her. (volounteer work environment concerning basic people's rights) Now I get it!
    Here is an enlightened article link provided by Marisa Sigmond

Psychopaths and Pathological Lying: Why Do Psychopaths Lie? LINK

"When caught in a lie, he feels no shame. He simply covers it up with another lie or, when that’s not an option, blames you for his wrongdoing or accuses you of behaving in the same manner. "

19. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me liked this post
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast