Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: "Crimes" or "wrong doings" within the CofS?

Banned

Default "Crimes" or "wrong doings" within the CofS?

There are many "stories" of one's time and experience within the CofS, on the board and on the net. These are all different and they contain various specific "truths" of how it is, how it can be and/or how it was. These stories are invaluable in regard to the very many "on the fence" who are looking for data and making a decision.

To you newbies (and to some of you "oldies"), I know that writing up your whole "story" is a big ask (it's not something that I'm up to doing myself and I certainly admire and appreciate those who have done it). However, just about all of us on the board, have either witnessed, copped, or been part of activities/experiences within the CofS that are not OK, and that are in direct conflict with what the CofS promotes itself to be and do. It would be good to hear of and have the details about any and all "unfavorable" instances/activities/experiences, which the CofS would of course deny, hide and/or make seem "insignifant" given their all important and overriding zealous pursuit of "freedom".

So folks, I urge you to share with us, at least one of the unfavorable experiences that you've either witnessed, copped or been involved in (no matter how "seemingly" insignificant). The data is useful, and besides that, you'll probably feel good getting it off your chest (and maybe even tell us more)!

Over to you.
    Last edited by Carmel; 15th September 2008 at 07:33 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

2. Thanks Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Knows liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Not taking care of the staff medically or with dental checkups. Usually they wait till it's a huge problem (staff also dieing because of this) then send the person for treatment...then they have them do workmans comp paperwork. Instead of just paying for it. And they make millions of dollars.

4. Thanks Knows says "thank you" for this post

Good thread idea.

What I mostly witnessed was crass stupidity. On a daily basis.

I've seen people in tears because they were told they would be auditors when signing up for the SO or ClassV staff and then told they had to take a admin roles when the contract was signed.

Personally, I was guaranteed a weekly income of 6x the average of what I actually received. I was also told that I could expect to go from nowhere on the Bridge to Clear (via co-audit) in 3 months.

Try arguing for breach of contract with those fuckers!
    There is no such thing as group responsibility in CoS.
    The "Church" of Scientology - miserably failing to save a world that doesn't need or want to be saved

6. Thanks Knows, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Knows, Idle Morgue liked this post

This is my contribution to the theme of this thread, something that I prepared earlier:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=6541

The above thread relates specifically to these videos:

The use, and abuse of children within Scientology does occur, and shouldn't be tolerated. Or had a blind eye turned to it.

I have listed on another thread the full Melbourne staff list, which shows the children that this Org employs, and their respective ages.

Also, despite protestations from the Org to their innocence in the matter, they have never produced evidence of any of these childrens school work. They do not have a Child Employment Certificate needed to employ juniors, but my attempts to gather the physical (or lack thereof) evidence of this was rejected by the FOI. I'm not legalese enough to know how to circumvent their explained reasons for this. So I just bypassed that attempt and wrote it up in my submission to the Australian Senate for their inquiry into charities. I should hear back on this within the next two months.

Neo

8. Thanks Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Tanstaafl View Post
    Good thread idea.

What I mostly witnessed was crass stupidity. On a daily basis.

I've seen people in tears because they were told they would be auditors when signing up for the SO or ClassV staff and then told they had to take a admin roles when the contract was signed.

Personally, I was guaranteed a weekly income of 6x the average of what I actually received. I was also told that I could expect to go from nowhere on the Bridge to Clear (via co-audit) in 3 months.

Try arguing for breach of contract with those fuckers!
    There is no such thing as group responsibility in CoS.
    Also, misappropriation of funds to an extent that sails close to breaching the law. I was told of someone who gave a sum of money to Greenfields (the Scientology school) for their music department, only to have it appropriated by the SO for legal funds.
    "Life constantly changes. Some of the changes we like, some we hate, but it keeps changing."

- Bo Lozoff

"Dream more, learn more, care more and be more.

- Dolly Parton

10. Thanks Knows says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedia View Post
    So folks, I urge you to share with us, at least one of the unfavorable experiences that you've either witnessed, copped or been involved in (no matter how "seemingly" insignificant). The data is useful, and besides that, you'll probably feel good getting it off your chest (and maybe even tell us more)!

Over to you.
    I'd like to bring to your attention the hidden death of ANZO SO member Colin Gow.
    Some details remain sketchy but here's what I know;
    Colin was a wonderful character, a Chinese-Australian, who served the SO and CofS faithfully for over 15 years.
    He was very well known and loved in Sydney.
    He died some time ago after a horrendous battle with cancer of the jaw. He was in his 30s, I believe, and prior to the cancer would have been considered to be in the prime of his life.
    Colin was posted away from Sydney to South Africa to assist with the Bridge flow to the AO. Whilst in SA he had dental problems, undoubtedly the result of inadequate dental care over the preceding 15 years of SO service. A molar became infected but he was unable to get funds or approval for proper treatment. He soldiered on regardless of the constant pain and continued to produce on post.
    Time passed, his molar rotted, the abscess and infection worsened... it became cancer of the jaw.
    I met him again near the end of his life after many years of not seeing him, we had always been good friends in happier days. He either couldn't or didn't want to talk about it. We held hands, I hugged him, we both cried.
    He was shunted away from all lines and placed in a hospice to die, he ended his days there.
    I went to talk to another friend who had been helping him with the dressing of his cancerous facial wounds, she was in tears too.
    We were both crying over the same thing, the senseless waste of a brilliant young man's life for the want of $200 in dental treatment!
    Colin's Chinese family were understandably outraged at the mistreatment their beloved son had received after giving half of his life in service to the CofS. I agree with their rancor completely.
    I don't recall any mention of his death, funeral, or the circumstances leading up to his death ever being made public until now. (I may be wrong about this).
    I know one thing with absolute certainty; as far as the SO is concerned, he's not coming back!
    Rest in Peace, Colin.
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

12. Thanks Knows, JBWriter says "thank you" for this post

Fred Schraitle is a Melbourne public, in his 70s. He was SO for many years. He knew LRH, and worked with him on the "Mission Into Time". Late last year, or earlier this year, he was regged heavily from Flag to purchase many copies of the full Basics book and lecture packages, worth approximately $4000 AUS. In total he was regged, for donations, for around $140,000 worth of them.

Problem was, he couldn't actually afford this. In doing this he almost went bankrupt. They had all been donated to the Melbourne Org, but he had to take them all back, and try to sell them himself to make up the funds to get out of the financial mess he was now in. He wanted Flag to take them back. They wouldn't. He wanted Melbourne to help. They wouldn't.

Not sure how this worked out for him in the end.

This is an elderly man who has been a dedicated Scientologist all of his adult life. He now lives in a retirement village, and is by no means a wealthy man. Just very generous, usually with his time, and was taken advantage of by his own church.

Neo

14. Thanks Knows says "thank you" for this post

The following are laws specific to the state of Victoria, however, there would be similar laws in most jurisdictions. These were breached on a weekly basis in our Org.

The Victorian Fair Trade Act (1999),
    Section 8. Unconscionable Conduct

(1) A person must not, in trade or commerce, in connection with the supply or possible supply of goods or services of a kind ordinarily used for personal, household or domestic purposes to a purchaser, engage in conduct that is, in all the circumstances, unconscionable.
    (2) Without in any way limiting the matters to which a court or the Tribunal may have regard for the purpose of determining whether a person has contravened subsection (1), a court or the Tribunal may have regard to-

• (d) whether any undue influence or pressure was exerted on, or any unfair tactics were used against the purchaser or a person acting on behalf of the purchaser by the supplier or a person acting on behalf of the supplier in relation to the supply or possible supply of the goods or services; and
    • (e) the amount for which, and the circumstances under which, the purchaser could have been supplied with identical or equivalent goods or services from a person other than the supplier.

The Victorian Fair Trade Act (1999),
    Section 21. Harassment and Coercion

(1) A person must not use physical force or undue harassment or coercion in connection with the supply or possible supply of goods or services to another person or the payment for goods or services by another person.

(2) Without limiting subsection (1) the following conduct is deemed to be a contravention of subsection (1)-

• (b) making a misrepresentation to a debtor about the consequences of not paying a debt or about the method of recovering a debt;

Neo

16. Thanks Knows, dchoiceisalwaysrs says "thank you" for this post
    Trust the Psi Corps. Royal Prince Xenu's Avatar

The biggest and most repeated outness that I experienced was being ripped off post to audit an unsessionable pc.

I would then complain that the pc was unsessionable and be ordered to "audit anyway".

There was a really big argument over someone who had bought 25 hours Book 1 auditing, and I was told I would be the auditor. I flatly refused, turning up the reference in DMSMH that a pc should not undergo more than approximately 5 hours in any one week (something called the Q level), and then discovered that another auditor had been assigned to do the whole 25 hours in the one week. I wonder why we never saw that pc again?
    Last edited by Gordon Clarke; 16th September 2008 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Typo
    "During the chaos of the Eugenics Wars, cultists infiltrated NASA and substituted their own LRH Golden Discs for the official 'Sounds of Earth' records that were to be launched in the Voyager 6 mission. / Hilarity ensued." Gene Roddenberry

SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC

18. Thanks Knows says "thank you" for this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

I didn't know Colin and such a horrendous story breaks my heart.

I did know Fred, and I feel the same about that. How dare such a nice man be abused this way?

Neo, you are just wonderful and keep on keeping on. Save the kids!

I know one woman who was kidnapped and "babysat" not once, but three times. One of them was because "she looked like she was about to go PTS Type 3" and she was given Mogadon to keep her quiet. The fact that she created chaos and was a great thorn in the side of Melb org seems a self fulfilling prophecy. Despite the odds stacked against her, she managed to start a school in Melbourne when no-one else ever had been able to. A PTS Type 3 did it! She then ran for cover knowing she would be attacked - which she was, but that's another story. Her paranoia in that case was justified and the school taken over, renamed Yarralinda and she was comm-evd by way of thanks. She knew it would happen, knew it from Day One and factored into her plans. She said she didn't care, she would create a school for the kids and it would be worth whatever happened to her. While I will never have anything to do with her again (I was part of the plan, left to take the shit when she ran) I admired the persistence that she showed in creating the school knowing full well what she faced. Her own paranoia and emotional manipulation skills were just what was needed to anticipate and dodge some of the incoming. Kind of ironic.
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

20. Thanks Cat's Squirrel, Knows says "thank you" for this post
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast