Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much is the Church of Scientology worth?

Cool How much is the Church of Scientology worth?

How much is the Church of Scientology worth? I have seen so many figures out there and have always wondered how much does DM controls.Scientologists know how to make money make money. For example using shares and investments,they also receive millions from interest being that they do not pay tax in most countries, and of course the sales of their products including Dianetics, CDs and what have you, underpaid staff, child labor etc.I heard it was something in the range of 5 billion dollars, is that far fetched?
    MY CHANNELHERE!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iaxiloll View Post
    How much is the Church of Scientology worth? I have seen so many figures out there and have always wondered how much does DM controls.Scientologists know how to make money make money. For example using shares and investments,they also receive millions from interest being that they do not pay tax in most countries, and of course the sales of their products including Dianetics, CDs and what have you, underpaid staff, child labor etc.I heard it was something in the range of 5 billion dollars, is that far fetched?
    My best guess would be that is a conservative estimate. Anyone else have a clue?
    VEDA IS GOD

Sometimes I'm the Evil Twin.

http://itwastruelove.blogspot.com

Gold Meritorious Patron gomorrhan's Avatar

I don't have any solid figures. Being that they are a multinational corporation, I don't even know that they have to report all of their income/assets to any one particular government, so you'd probably have to add it all up from whoever they do report to in whatever countries they operate.

Yuck.
    going somewhere?

Scientologists: do you think you can confront the truth? http://www.carolineletkeman.org/sp/ <==== duplicate that

Kevin G. Brady gomorrhan@hotmail.com
    44 Phillips Street, Apartment 2L
    Wickford, RI 02852
    (401) 626-6776

"I'm Kevin Brady, and I approved this message" - Kevin Brady

Gold Meritorious Patron thetanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iaxiloll View Post
    I heard it was something in the range of 5 billion dollars, is that far fetched?
    No, not farfetched, especially when you consider the property they own.

Patron with Honors

Default No Clue

You'd have to do some digging adding the costs of real estate. Orgs can be worth millions or thousands depending on the size. Usually the new ideal scam Orgs are privately fund raised and then the IAS comes in and adds a few million euros or dollars or pounds, what have you. A good guess is to get your hands on an IAS Impact magazine and add up how many people are patrons, crusaders and etc and for how much each person or family donated. This will give you a good estimation on how much money the Church needs and/or can spend on their front groups and building new Orgs.

Individual Class V Orgs can make upwards of probably a hundred thousand per week, on a really good week but probably in the very low thousands or hundreds in your average Org. Most Orgs do not make enough to survive though.

This task would not be so easy to find out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thetanic View Post
    No, not farfetched, especially when you consider the property they own.
    The biggest fundraising efforts are to IAS Superpower and Planetary Dissem. These funds ALL have Trusts set up which makes the funds easy to hide.
    VEDA IS GOD

Sometimes I'm the Evil Twin.

http://itwastruelove.blogspot.com

negative a hundred billion dollars
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I figure if liquidated they could come up with a billion US, ballpark figure. But paying off advanced payments unused would take a few hundred million off that. If they ended up having to pay back IAS and SP "donations", on the basis that they were obtained by fraudulent promises; and then the vulture lawyers swooped in with civil damage claims for the all-too-real hurts caused over the past few decades, I don't see that there would be a lot left at all. That is assuming the corporate shell game gets ended and the reality of it being one giant feeding-trough gets taken into account.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Wisened One View Post
    negative a hundred billion dollars
    Jesus Christ!! That's it!! I'm starting a religion... That's disgusting, and where IS all this money, stashed in Swiss bank accounts no doubt. Bloody hell, that would feed the starving for the next twenty years at least!
    "Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakes" C.G. Jung
    "Anonymous are the angels of our time". Me

Well, it'd be great it that weren't an 'in-the-red figure, Pix'!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Jesus Christ!! That's it!! I'm starting a religion... That's disgusting, and where IS all this money, stashed in Swiss bank accounts no doubt. Bloody hell, that would feed the starving for the next twenty years at least!
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast