Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ABLE's LEARNING ACCELERATOR? WTF

Patron with Honors

This instrument does exist and is supposedly for WISE and ABLE "secular" courserooms, strictly for metered word clearing - a secular M4 basically.

There is even a course for HCA and APS Supervisors to learn how to use it in word clearing.

As far as I know it is based on the Mark V E-meter - kind of a dumbed down versiion.
    Ex Sea Org member

My blog (Hungarian) about the Church:
    http://objektivszcn.blog.hu/

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandygirl View Post
    I guess I wasn't too clear on my first post. Is it just me or is it TOTALLY creepy for someone whom is reresenting themselves from ABLE not Scio. to walk around using a "Learning Accelerator"?
    It's just you. It's totally routine for students to be hooked up to electronic devices and asked on a daily basis "In your study today did you go past anything you didn't fully understand?" What's weird about that? Happens all the time.

Surely everyone knows ABLE is Scn, don't they? They don't use the S-word on the front page of their website but they sure use "L. Ron Hubbard" a lot.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Note the seller's name...StaticThetan. Gee, this COULDN'T be a scilon, could it??? Wonder how he gets away selling e-meters for 140.00 bucks. Isn't that out-exchange? :D

Gold Meritorious Patron HappyGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandygirl View Post
    I guess I wasn't too clear on my first post. Is it just me or is it TOTALLY creepy for someone whom is reresenting themselves from ABLE not Scio. to walk around using a "Learning Accelerator"?

Something about it seems very deceptive, and creepy in the extreme. Hey, maybe I should walk around with one at a Halloween Party this weekend........."Velcome, vould you like me to improve your learning..........................HA HA HA"
    You could go dressed up as a Scientologist. Now that's scarey!! :shock:

Gold Meritorious Patron scooter's Avatar

Default Accelerate your something

At Narconon Melbourne last year there was someone using this device to run what were sessions on the students - his favourite trick was to use it to "verify" O/W write-up completeness. I've never used one myself but apparently it's the same as the Mark V E-Meter but with different placements for the controls (and of course a cheaper price tag.)
    Paul David Schofield
    "Scooter" to his friends

-----
    If he has no friends and everyone's against him
    If he's failed in everything that he has tried
    Try to lift his load, help to bear his burden
    Let him know that you are walking by his side
    And if he feels that all is lost and he is fallen
    Try to place that poor man's feet on solid ground
    Just remember he's some mother's precious darlin'
    Always lift him up and never knock him down

Blind Alfred Reed

-----

Patron with Honors

Oh the Learning Accelerator. I remember when that was introduced. It is more than 25 years ago. The purpose is to check if there are any misunderstood words. There was some effort done trying to encourage scientologists to introduce the Learning Accelerator to teachers. Well, if you consider that it is important to make sure that any and all misunderstandings are cleared and you can do it faster by locating misunderstood words with the use of the meter then the idea is OK. At least to a scientologist it would make sense.

There was a sales person from the church who tried to get me hooked on the Learning Accelerator. I had some nice conversations with him, but although I could see the point in using the device I had a hard time conceiving of the idea of introducing it to teachers and pupils. Well, I instinctively and intuitively knew that if I spend money on it, it would just sit there and collect dust and never be introduced to anybody. So I managed to end cycle on the subject, which was not that easy, since both the sales person and the potential buyer were in agreement that is a great idea to get any misunderstoods cleared in order to help a person progress.
    Last edited by Soul of Ginnungagab; 1st November 2008 at 01:09 AM.
    Green tea is wonderful. There are many words that can describe its aroma, its flavor. I can tell you of the temperature of the tea as I sip it from its cup. The smells that fill my nose just as my tongue tastes the first drips. I can explain to you the benefits of the tea. But, you still have not experienced the tea. You only have a rude concept of what it might be. Unless you sip from the cup yourself, you are not experiencing the real. And this is true with the Dao.

- as seen by Siji Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Soul of Ginnungagab View Post
    Oh the Learning Accelerator. I remember when that was introduced. It is more than 25 years ago. The purpose is to check if there are any misunderstood words.
    Oh, that reminds me. Interesting thing this morning. Very good example of a misunderstood word in action, especially for educated people who don't have any. I had just started reading a borrowed library copy of Zimbardo's "The Lucifer Effect", his new (2007) about his 1971 famous Stanford Prison Experiment and related stuff. I don't pretend to be the world's most diligent user of Study Tech, but I use it sometimes. Like this morning. Don't stop reading as this is very illustrative.

I noticed I hadn't a clue of what I'd just read in the past half a page, so I went back a few paragraphs and read more carefully and the same thing happened. Repeat. Same thing. I figured I knew all the words, but still fogged out. Getting very interested now, I narrowed down the area of trouble to "...what strengths, virtues, and vulnerabilities they bring into a given situation. Then, we need to recognize more fully the complex of situational forces that are operative in given behavioral settings. Modifying them, or learning to avoid them, can have a greater impact on..."

Narrowing it down some more I finally spotted my attention was hanging up on the first "them", not its meaning as such but what in the previous sentence was it referring to? What one might call a misunderstood "status" in that HCOB.

That only took a few seconds to sort out and then I carried on reading for several hours, happy as a clam, although I had to look up "al fresco" and one other word I forget. But it was interesting as I had been completely flattened by such a simple m/u.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Good job. And, a good example of how 'The Tech' (or parts of it) *can* work, when not sold as a replacement for actual information.

Zinj

Quote Originally Posted by Zinjifar View Post
    Good job.
    Thanks.

And, a good example of how 'The Tech' (or parts of it) *can* work, when not sold as a replacement for actual information.

Zinj
    Wow. I gotta quote that, Zinji, before you change your mind and edit it out of existence.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Wow. I gotta quote that, Zinji, before you change your mind and edit it out of existence.

Paul
    I'm not even feeling an inclination

Zinj

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast