Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Art of Deception: How Scientology Enslaves Your Mind

Gold Meritorious Patron KnightVision's Avatar

Default The Art of Deception: How Scientology Enslaves Your Mind

The Art of Deception

"In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

by Arnie Lerma, 1998

3rd place winner of Bob Minton's literati contest

Dedicated to Paulette Cooper and all those who went before

Preface

Hubbard was master of only one thing, the Art of Deception. Where he learned it is currently a subject of discussion. The roots of the control mechanisms used by Hubbard may have come from a mix of stage magic, mind control, esoteric writings, perhaps inspired by the work of George Orwell, author of '1984' or what are known as black magic or satanic techniques used for the subversion of the will.

Wherever it came from, it has the distinctive scent of evil, however, one doesn't need that answer to solve the Scientology problem. It is only necessary to familiarize oneself with the pattern of conduct of those who use this 'black art' to become effective at neutralizing their influence.

I've been thinking about how he does it - attracts good, well intentioned people, into his palace of deceptions. I've also marveled at how he manages to keep up the deception for so long. But not as much as I marvel now, that this deception is tolerated at all, in modern society anywhere, much less in the United States of America, the purported leader of democracy and freedom in the world.

For 20 years I wondered exactly how Hubbard caught me in his trap. My desire for this knowledge was to protect the public order and safety. As bright as I might have been, when I was 17 years of age, with as much understanding of how things worked, that I could have been deceived in such manner is just reason for pause and contemplation.

Because if these techniques could induce me to invest the best decade of this life furthering this madness, I dread to consider what it could induce in others.

I left Scientology after ten years involvement, with my life, which is more than I can say for a number of people I knew and befriended personally during my involvement. I also left with my core sanity, more or less intact, but wish to remind my good reader that it took me 15 years before I could even consider those questions for which I thought Scientology had answers. Who am I? Why am I here? Is there a God?

I am not going to address those questions here, as this missive is not about those things. It is about one thing that claims to have those answers but, of course, does not.

Introduction to the Art of Deception

Late at night you may have seen it, the picture of a volcano and "Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health", in the TV advertisements along with the latest exercise gadget and a magic blue laundry ball (note 9) that cleans clothes. Here are the Scientologists, late at night, trolling for the clueless. Call 1-800-FOR-TRUTH, they tell you. "For Truth" seems to echo for a while after reading it, now, doesn't it?

Well, hang onto your hats, I'm going to work fast here, and tell you in my best Paul Harvey style, "The rest of the story" behind that weird looking volcano.

That odd looking advertisement is the tip of a tentacle of an veritable octopus of corruption of almost galactic proportions, and it all started with a book called "Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health."

Before you even buy this book, it manages to use a technique called deceptive implication. In the title is the word "Science," just as in SCIENtology, the implicationis that there is science at its core. Of course there is not!

After resisting efforts to get involved with Scientology for a considerable period, I finally decided to give it a try. This supposedly wonderful technology of the mind was, after all, developed by a nuclear physicist, in order to cure himself of crippling wounds received during active duty as a highly decorated Navy hero.

Of course 25 years later, sitting amidst piles of documents, including a copy of Hubbard's official Navy record and a copy of his transcript from George Washington University, I found that the entire premise for Dianetics and its spawn, Scientology is, and has always been, a complete fraud.

Hubbard was neither a war hero, highly decorated, wounded in action, nor a nuclear physicist. His discharge papers reflect the only affliction he seems to have acquired while in the Navy was an urethral discharge.

If the entire stated premise for the creation of Dianetics was a lie, then it follows that everything that comes after it must also be a lie.

The first challenge for Scientology is getting an opportunity to present these and the other implications described above.

There are four major vectors that this virus of the mind is using to permeate society.

1) Books written by L Ron Hubbard. Dianetics is one of the most popular, and is likely one of the most effective for reasons explained later.

2) Front groups. C.C.H.R. - Citizens Committee for Human Rights, W.I.S.E - World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, and a veritable alphabet soup of groups all designed so that you won't know it is Scientology and L Ron Hubbard's Art of Deception at work. In "Hubbard's Public Relations" policies he states that unpopular institutions should be attacked, and that front groups be created for this purpose, in order to gain public support. All end up acting as funnels to channel the unsuspecting into Scientology. An incomplete front group list, [ they make up new ones all the time ] is here http://www.lermanet2.com/cos/frontgroups.html

3) The best agents for this deception are their own already hoodwinked members, using word of mouth. They are paid a fixed commission of 15 or 10% for inducing others to spend money on Scientology.

4) There are also indoctrination and recruitment centers, in major cities around the world, currently posing as bona fide "Churches" in the United States under an unprecedented secret closing agreement with the United States Internal Revenue Service. This agreement was granted after a private investigator set up and video taped a certain IRS Commissioner having sex with a 12 year old.

This is statutory rape, not just a compromising situation.

I imagine our own government would prefer that this mess get swept under the carpet.The private investigator was most likely working double-blind. This describes a pattern of conduct. An operative will be working for one law firm which in turn is working for another law firm, which is working for Scientology. Thus any potential legal discovery process is blocked bythe Attorney/Client Privilege.

This is the pattern used for dirty tricks operations, for which they have a long and ignoble documented history. These indoctrination centers refer to people who are not Scientologists by the term, "raw meat". The most popular way they find their "raw meat" is to use street hawkers, who pass out seemingly innocuous tickets on street corners that offer "TO ADMIT ONE" to a free movie and personality analysis.

All of this is well documented elsewhere. This piece is not going to be about how bad they are. Most people know that. In fact, it is becoming difficult to hand out flyers about "How bad they are" on the street these days, as most folks say,"I KNOW"! But what these same people don't know, and what is most important to those who are currently under the spell of Hubbardian Cosmology don't know, is the purpose of what you are reading right now, and that is to explain how the machinery of deception works.
    Now that I know what it could not do for me... I'm enjoying discovering what can.

crimes with CofS thread

Hubbard was neither a war hero, highly decorated, wounded in action, nor a nuclear physicist. His discharge papers reflect the only affliction he seems to have acquired while in the Navy was an urethral discharge.

If the entire stated premise for the creation of Dianetics was a lie *to heal his wounds, sustained in combat action*, then it follows that everything that comes after it must also be a lie.

This is a point often avoided by Scientologists, from the Churchies to the Freezoners...
    Now that I know what it could not do for me... I'm enjoying discovering what can.

crimes with CofS thread

Ah, so this is what you mean when you say it's premised on a lie.

Got it.

However, that's also a lie. Hubbard stole the concept from Freud. Freud made no such ridiculous claims. The subject is not based on a lie, although people's belief in it might be.

Silver Meritorious Patron klidov's Avatar

Hubbard suffered from what I like to call "Literary Masturbation". In other words, he was so enchanted with his own drek, he felt the need to share (in writing) his every thought, and imaginary deed.

Perhaps he really convinced himself that he originated many of the ideas he later claimed as his own. Maybe he simply decided he didn't give a damn who thought of it first, he would just claim it as his own. In the days before the Internet, and when "occult" (hidden) teachings were still treated as something that would not be discussed (or read) in polite Society, he decided to help himself, and take credit for mind-control methods that predated him.

One thing is certain, a Sci-Fi writer (of disputed talent) found a way to put together a book with some possible merit(s), and stir it up with pseduo-Science and for lack of a better term, bullshit.

The timing was right for him to sell his snake-oil. There was a strong distrust of the Mental Health System, and scary stories of their (the Mental Health System's) brutal treatment of the mentally ill.

Elron was a liar, and a teller of tales from the time he was a child. His apologists try to redirect with even if the Man were not perfect, his Tech/Teachings are.

He is given way too much credit in my book. Maybe when I was a lot younger, I could have fallen for his crap. At this point in my life? Not a chance.

The Tech/Teachings of the cult are not "evil". The people who abuse them, and use them to harm other people are.

~JMO~
    I HAVE LOVED THE STARS TOO FONDLY TO BE FEARFUL OF THE NIGHT-SARAH WILLIAMS

I WOULD RATHER AN HONEST ENEMY, THAN A FALSE FRIEND-author unknown

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

The frozen north.Too far north. Where it's dark.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightVision View Post
    The Art of Deception

"In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." George Orwell

by Arnie Lerma, 1998

3rd place winner of Bob Minton's literati contest

Dedicated to Paulette Cooper and all those who went before

Preface

Hubbard was master of only one thing, the Art of Deception. Where he learned it is currently a subject of discussion. The roots of the control mechanisms used by Hubbard may have come from a mix of stage magic, mind control, esoteric writings, perhaps inspired by the work of George Orwell, author of '1984' or what are known as black magic or satanic techniques used for the subversion of the will.

Wherever it came from, it has the distinctive scent of evil, however, one doesn't need that answer to solve the Scientology problem. It is only necessary to familiarize oneself with the pattern of conduct of those who use this 'black art' to become effective at neutralizing their influence.

I've been thinking about how he does it - attracts good, well intentioned people, into his palace of deceptions. I've also marveled at how he manages to keep up the deception for so long. But not as much as I marvel now, that this deception is tolerated at all, in modern society anywhere, much less in the United States of America, the purported leader of democracy and freedom in the world.

For 20 years I wondered exactly how Hubbard caught me in his trap. My desire for this knowledge was to protect the public order and safety. As bright as I might have been, when I was 17 years of age, with as much understanding of how things worked, that I could have been deceived in such manner is just reason for pause and contemplation.

Because if these techniques could induce me to invest the best decade of this life furthering this madness, I dread to consider what it could induce in others.

I left Scientology after ten years involvement, with my life, which is more than I can say for a number of people I knew and befriended personally during my involvement. I also left with my core sanity, more or less intact, but wish to remind my good reader that it took me 15 years before I could even consider those questions for which I thought Scientology had answers. Who am I? Why am I here? Is there a God?

I am not going to address those questions here, as this missive is not about those things. It is about one thing that claims to have those answers but, of course, does not.

Introduction to the Art of Deception

Late at night you may have seen it, the picture of a volcano and "Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health", in the TV advertisements along with the latest exercise gadget and a magic blue laundry ball (note 9) that cleans clothes. Here are the Scientologists, late at night, trolling for the clueless. Call 1-800-FOR-TRUTH, they tell you. "For Truth" seems to echo for a while after reading it, now, doesn't it?

Well, hang onto your hats, I'm going to work fast here, and tell you in my best Paul Harvey style, "The rest of the story" behind that weird looking volcano.

That odd looking advertisement is the tip of a tentacle of an veritable octopus of corruption of almost galactic proportions, and it all started with a book called "Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health."

Before you even buy this book, it manages to use a technique called deceptive implication. In the title is the word "Science," just as in SCIENtology, the implicationis that there is science at its core. Of course there is not!

After resisting efforts to get involved with Scientology for a considerable period, I finally decided to give it a try. This supposedly wonderful technology of the mind was, after all, developed by a nuclear physicist, in order to cure himself of crippling wounds received during active duty as a highly decorated Navy hero.

Of course 25 years later, sitting amidst piles of documents, including a copy of Hubbard's official Navy record and a copy of his transcript from George Washington University, I found that the entire premise for Dianetics and its spawn, Scientology is, and has always been, a complete fraud.

If the entire stated premise for the creation of Dianetics was a lie, then it follows that everything that comes after it must also be a lie.

The first challenge for Scientology is getting an opportunity to present these and the other implications described above.

There are four major vectors that this virus of the mind is using to permeate society.

1) Books written by L Ron Hubbard. Dianetics is one of the most popular, and is likely one of the most effective for reasons explained later.

2) Front groups. C.C.H.R. - Citizens Committee for Human Rights, W.I.S.E - World Institute of Scientology Enterprises, and a veritable alphabet soup of groups all designed so that you won't know it is Scientology and L Ron Hubbard's Art of Deception at work. In "Hubbard's Public Relations" policies he states that unpopular institutions should be attacked, and that front groups be created for this purpose, in order to gain public support. All end up acting as funnels to channel the unsuspecting into Scientology. An incomplete front group list, [ they make up new ones all the time ] is here http://www.lermanet2.com/cos/frontgroups.html

3) The best agents for this deception are their own already hoodwinked members, using word of mouth. They are paid a fixed commission of 15 or 10% for inducing others to spend money on Scientology.

4) There are also indoctrination and recruitment centers, in major cities around the world, currently posing as bona fide "Churches" in the United States under an unprecedented secret closing agreement with the United States Internal Revenue Service. This agreement was granted after a private investigator set up and video taped a certain IRS Commissioner having sex with a 12 year old.

This is statutory rape, not just a compromising situation.

I imagine our own government would prefer that this mess get swept under the carpet.The private investigator was most likely working double-blind. This describes a pattern of conduct. An operative will be working for one law firm which in turn is working for another law firm, which is working for Scientology. Thus any potential legal discovery process is blocked bythe Attorney/Client Privilege.

This is the pattern used for dirty tricks operations, for which they have a long and ignoble documented history. These indoctrination centers refer to people who are not Scientologists by the term, "raw meat". The most popular way they find their "raw meat" is to use street hawkers, who pass out seemingly innocuous tickets on street corners that offer "TO ADMIT ONE" to a free movie and personality analysis.

All of this is well documented elsewhere. This piece is not going to be about how bad they are. Most people know that. In fact, it is becoming difficult to hand out flyers about "How bad they are" on the street these days, as most folks say,"I KNOW"! But what these same people don't know, and what is most important to those who are currently under the spell of Hubbardian Cosmology don't know, is the purpose of what you are reading right now, and that is to explain how the machinery of deception works.
    Hubbard had all the pathology and none of the remedies.
    to be happy be happy with what you have to be happy with

Silver Meritorious Patron Tim Skog's Avatar
    In Tucson next to a saguaro watching tubleweeds

Default deception

Sir Walter Scott said it best: Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive. In the end even Hubbard couldn't escape his own web.
    The guy died with a heavy duty psychiatric drug in his system. So, this is one little fly who is happy to have broken free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Skog View Post
    Sir Walter Scott said it best: Oh what a tangled web we weave, when we practice to deceive. In the end even Hubbard couldn't escape his own web.
    The guy died with a heavy duty psychiatric drug in his system. So, this is one little fly who is happy to have broken free.
    Who in their right mind would want to follow in Hubbards footsteps?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaubawax View Post
    Who in their right mind would want to follow in Hubbards footsteps?
    Hey Carnaub....

Didn't see any mention of 'follow in Hubbards footsteps' mentioned in Tim's post??

crimes with CofS thread

Quote Originally Posted by KnightVision View Post
    Hey Carnaub....

Didn't see any mention of 'follow in Hubbards footsteps' mentioned in Tim's post??
    I know - I was agreeing with him about breaking away.

Silver Meritorious Patron Tim Skog's Avatar
    In Tucson next to a saguaro watching tubleweeds

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaubawax View Post
    I know - I was agreeing with him about breaking away.
    Yes sir, I felt just like that little ashtray running out the door.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast