Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 111

Thread: Dart Smohen: The Real Story - Additional Commentary by Alan C. Walter

  1. #91
    Still raging johnAnchovie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    989

    Default Damn you, Dull and Dart!

    I thought my whole absortion in this stuff was 'flat', but by golly, didn't I find your e-book, and spend most of the night up reading, being enthralled and fascinated.

    Names of so many people I met at Saint Hill and worked with, John Parsell, Eilline Russle Able, a founding Scientologist and Sea Org vetern (who died, in a nursing home, alone, and rather traumatised, a 'dev't' particle, down stat because she was old, defensless and troublesome, she had been FB'd out at the age of, I don't know, 88? and bundled off, out of Sea Org berthing to a state run and finaced old peoples home, she hated it, and died after few months.

    Thank you both, and Alan, for this story, it is incredable, well written and engrossing. Glad the reports you demise were somewhat exagerated, Dart.
    A general loathing of a gang or sect usually has some sound basis in instinct.


    Ezra Pound


    http://thecomplex.exscientologistsireland.org/wp//

    Twitter
    @johnaduignan

  2. #92
    Crusader RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnAnchovie View Post
    I thought my whole absortion in this stuff was 'flat', but by golly, didn't I find your e-book, and spend most of the night up reading, being enthralled and fascinated.

    Names of so many people I met at Saint Hill and worked with, John Parsell, Eilline Russle Able, a founding Scientologist and Sea Org vetern (who died, in a nursing home, alone, and rather traumatised, a 'dev't' particle, down stat because she was old, defensless and troublesome, she had been FB'd out at the age of, I don't know, 88? and bundled off, out of Sea Org berthing to a state run and finaced old peoples home, she hated it, and died after few months.

    Thank you both, and Alan, for this story, it is incredable, well written and engrossing. Glad the reports you demise were somewhat exagerated, Dart.
    Yes, and the demise of Eileen, who probably died as much from a broken heart due to her treatment by "the most ethical group on the planet" in her old age and hour of need, is the betrayal that awaits all who stay in the Cof$ to their final years.

    It happened to Helen Geltman who did the ministerial thing based on church advice for her taxes . . . . the result was no social security nor medicare! She died lonely, broke and brokenhearted.

    RogerB
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

    Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

  3. #93
    Gold Meritorious Patron Axiom142's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sussex, England
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    John,

    Do you have more details on what happened to Eileen?

    I didn’t get to know her but she was one of the stalwarts of St Hill and I’d often see her around. I used to wonder what would happen to the ‘older’ staff if they couldn’t continue to work for the cult. I suppose I sort of assumed that beings OTs they would still be in full command of their faculties until a very advanced age and then be able to ‘causatively drop their bodies’ when they wanted a new one.

    Rather naďve, I know. But I suppose the truth is more brutal – work them until they drop and they dump them in a (council paid) home.

    The lack of humanity is truly disgusting. And I wonder if any of those who do this to others, stop to wonder if they will get the same treatment when they get that old? Probably they don’t think, that’s why they are stuck in a cult.

    Axiom142
    "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Siddhartha Gautama

    “He is tall, sort of dark, and sort of handsome. Well not ugly anyway.” - Terril Park on Axiom142

    Some of my videos: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...s-Video-Thread

  4. #94
    Still raging johnAnchovie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    989

    Default Indeed, indeed...

    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom142 View Post
    John,

    Do you have more details on what happened to Eileen?

    I didn’t get to know her but she was one of the stalwarts of St Hill and I’d often see her around. I used to wonder what would happen to the ‘older’ staff if they couldn’t continue to work for the cult. I suppose I sort of assumed that beings OTs they would still be in full command of their faculties until a very advanced age and then be able to ‘causatively drop their bodies’ when they wanted a new one.

    Rather naďve, I know. But I suppose the truth is more brutal – work them until they drop and they dump them in a (council paid) home.

    The lack of humanity is truly disgusting. And I wonder if any of those who do this to others, stop to wonder if they will get the same treatment when they get that old? Probably they don’t think, that’s why they are stuck in a cult.

    Axiom142
    Hi,

    For a while Chele Laws was looking after the 'retired' SO staff, that was ot due to any policy, she just wanted to do it, and refused some real heavy duty pressure to go back on the CO SMI post that had nearly killed her - and I mean that literally- she insisted on getting certified as a carer, but she was also base MLO and multiple other hats, so more troublesome and what were considered more downstat old people were shipped off to homes. She did care for Dck Garlik, who finally died of cancer, she also cared for Thelma and her husband, there was huge resistence to shipping them off to the old peoples home.

    It tended to be those young gun fiercly dedicated CMO and RTC girles that pushed for getting these 'dev't particles' shipped off, Eileen had become irritable and 'entheta' so they decided to ship her out. Cherle did all she could to care for her, visiting her as much as possible and the like. I don't know what has happened since, my sense would be that with cult becoming even more hard line, that all these old people like John Cox and John Harvey would have been sent to the home, but then again I don't know what the PR pressures might have been to counter that.

    I do know that the afore mentioned CMO and RTC people did not want old 'down stat' people around so I assume they got their way. But I may be quite wrong and it is not completly implausable that a special center has been set up, I seem to remember a public Scientologist had started a home financed by old people and families to help people move on to their next lives.

    Hope that helps, and that you in as good form as I am!

    J.
    Last edited by Moderator 3; 1st February 2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: name redacted
    A general loathing of a gang or sect usually has some sound basis in instinct.


    Ezra Pound


    http://thecomplex.exscientologistsireland.org/wp//

    Twitter
    @johnaduignan

  5. #95
    Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    U. S.
    Posts
    4,588

    Default

    How a Culture treats its’ Young and its’ Old speaks volumes about the true Character and practiced Values of that Culture.

    Whatever the "PR Area Control” "Shore Story" line is from the SO…bottom line…they are not to be trusted or believed re: nurture and watch over children or care for with dignity the elderly.

    Face
    Last edited by afaceinthecrowd; 1st February 2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: typo
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

  6. #96
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North-East England
    Posts
    23,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afaceinthecrowd View Post
    Whatever the "PR Area Control” "Shore Story" line is from the SO…bottom line…they are not to be trusted or believed re: nurture and watch over children or care for with dignity the elderly.

    Face
    Whatever the "PR Area Control” "Shore Story" line is from the SO…bottom line…they are not to be trusted or believed.

    Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

  7. #97
    Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    U. S.
    Posts
    4,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Whatever the "PR Area Control” "Shore Story" line is from the SO…bottom line…they are not to be trusted or believed.

    Paul
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Whanganui A Tara
    Posts
    6,107

    Default

    I stumbled across this book a while ago but never expressed my thanks.

    Paul, what an excellent job. This text should be required reading for everyone wishing to understand Scientology and especially those who have recently escaped the cult. My first job after finishing university was in a publishing house where I was responsible for creating and editing indices (indexes). Its all done pretty-much automatically these days at the typesetting stage but in the past it was a painstaking and thankless task - parts of it still are. What do you include, what do you leave out, who will be the reader, etc etc are often subjective questions that must be answered properly. The only feedback I ever got was when something was wrong, the rest of the time people just used the index without even thinking about the work involved. You have done a magnificent job. Thank you. Top work, dude.

    (Mind you, Dart made it pretty easy ;) )

  9. #99
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    163

    Default

    This is a great read with exceptional insight into the early days of Hubbard's cult. I am amazed that the proto-Scientologists bought into this insanity; and when, and if, they cognited (sic), did not go AWOL from the scene (sic).

    Of course Dart Smohen is in real life Nehoms Trad, a European Scientologist from Lithuania, that was allowed into Scientology due to his command of Engrish and knowledge of sexual positions.

  10. #100
    Cabal Of One Panda Termint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13,058

    Default

    Paul, just out of interest, how many times has this e-book been downloaded?
    For that matter, what about Bea's Story?
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Additional protest - parody songs *grin*
    By Lokimike in forum Pickets & Protests General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th March 2008, 08:36 PM
  2. I am a Scientologist-Is this a real success story?
    By Sharone Stainforth in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 27th January 2008, 04:44 AM
  3. Who is Alan?
    By Emma in forum Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scientology
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th January 2007, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •