Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dart Smohen: The Real Story - Additional Commentary by Alan C. Walter

Banned

Paul, not a dull old fart - a darling darling good old fart for sure!

Thank you for this - it's a bloody ripper!

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div6 View Post
    I be asking.....I always print double sided.

Thanks!
    OK. There's a double-sided version up there now. But....

This isn't optimized yet for printing. The reason there is a whole page that just says "Chapter ___" is not aesthetic. I haven't yet figured out how to get it all right so that the Table of Contents (generated automatically) shows the chapter headings properly if I put them on the same page as the text body. Hopefully I'll work it out in the next few days, at which time I'll put the chapter titles on the same page as the text and the book will take up less space.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post

At vast expense - of time and effort if not money - I have created an eBook of Dart's most important posts, with related commentary from Alan. With their permission, of course. The source material all came from ESMB, so you can check it with the original for accuracy if you wish. I did some minor editing, mainly to correct typos. I also added footnotes and a comprehensive alphabetical index. The footnotes aren't complete, and I'll add to them bit by bit as I devote more time to the project.

Since it's a PDF file, it is easy to navigate through the 118 pages. Not only are the individual chapter titles clickable, but the informative headings and sub-headings which I added are too.

So you can now read all Dart's good stuff from 26 threads concentrated into one single power-packed 1.2 MB PDF file. I will be releasing further editions as Dart says anything further of note, as we find older stuff of his that should be included, as I add to the footnotes and index, and if I find anything wrong with the previous edition.

You can download the latest edition of the PDF file from www.paulsrabbit.com [sic].

Oh yes. It's free of charge.

Paul
    Very WAAAAAAY COOL, all of you and especially PAUL! YO! You are the MAN!

Now, demanding american consumer that I am: when's Volume II coming out?

Mark A. Baker

Patron with Honors

nice. i've searched for and read several of dart's posts. nice to have them collected here. thanks.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Baker View Post
    Very WAAAAAAY COOL, all of you and especially PAUL! YO! You are the MAN!

Now, demanding american consumer that I am: when's Volume II coming out?

Mark A. Baker
    Thanks, Mark.

Volume II? Containing what? Dart doesn't have another 100 pages of interesting stuff or I would have put it in there already. There's a bit more to go in yet, but not a whole lot more from what has already been posted to ESMB.

I'm quite happy to do other ones. That's what PaulsRabbit eBooks is for. Who wants what?

Before everyone starts salivating, I would need to have a good reason to spend the time. That first one took me about 40 hours all told. Later ones would go quicker as I wouldn't have to figure out all the software again, but it would still take a considerable time to produce a good product. And if it has my name attached to it it's going to be a good product.

As the saying goes, I'm not doing this as an amends project.

Still, I'm open to proposals and negotiation. Not necessarily involving money.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Patron with Honors

Nice job, Paul (and of course, Dart and Alan).

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

Paul,

Wow! You did a good job.

I've put a link/thread to this on OCMB for others there.

(That's interesting stuff about the early days and another very revealing "picture" of Hubbard.)
    Last edited by programmer_guy; 28th November 2008 at 03:53 AM.
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

Currently residing on Earth, living and loving in the air...

I downloaded it and read it today. It is quite wonderful and has answered many questions I have had about the early days and the evolution of the cult.

Thanks, it has helped me identify some of the places I got hooked in with Scn. Also helps me see the adversarial SciLons of today as the automatons they are.

Wonderful stuff!
    "Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity."
    ~ Howard Phillip L.

I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner, but are you thinking of me when you Fuck her? ~ Alanis

Patron with Honors

Default VWD Paul

You have done the world a significant service!

Roland

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Printing.

I can easily format an edition that will print properly double-sided, i.e. so that the new Chapter Pages each start on the right hand page (odd-numbered pages).

If you are printing it single-sided it doesn't matter, of course, but if you are doing it double-sided it does.

We're not talking about causing me a lot of trouble here as it is five minutes work to do, so if anyone wants this just ask. If no-one asks I won't do it.

Paul
    Duplex printing does not depend on the doc format... it's the printer feature selection. If the printer has a duplex attachment it will do it if you select that feature when printing.

You don't have to change anything in the doc as it stands now.
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast