Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dart Smohen: The Real Story - Additional Commentary by Alan C. Walter

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free to shine View Post
    Yes, there are personal stories here that are essential reading. ESMB has so much data now that it can be hard to know what to read first, and a collection that featured stories like Bea Kiddo's and Twin A's would be fantastic. Paul let me know if you ever think of doing it and I'll give you a hand.
    Fair enough. Thanks very much. I'll let you know if I decide to do it.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Thank you very much for compiling the e-book Paul, it makes for excellent reading. Appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

LA

Silver Meritorious Patron Challenge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    OK, I just got off the phone to Dart, and we discussed some new stuff to go in.

The idea is that he gathers up all the old stuff he wants in, and I add it in. And he makes some new posts with some more goodies. Then I will put out a sort of "final" edition. It won't be a real final edition, but if you (generic) are going to print the thing off you might want to hold off for a little bit to get the other stuff too.

Paul
    O Noes! I've already printed it out. When you add stuff, will you add it somehow so that *we* won't have to print out the entire 118 pages plus the new material, but rather just the additions?

CHLNG

Quote Originally Posted by Div6 View Post
    I wonder if he's broken 1000 downloads yet?
    There's a visible counter on the site, which shows the total number of unique visitors. It started at zero, and is currently 214. It measures "unique visitors" pretty well, i.e. the number is a good measure of how many different people visited. If a person leaves the site and comes back within 30 minutes, that will count as one visitor. If they come back 31 minutes or 23 hours later, that will count as two visitors for that day. No other information other than the number of visitors is available to the casual viewer.

I can't tell how many downloads there were. Or how many people emailed their download to others, which is perfectly acceptable.

Most visitors followed a link from either this thread or PG's thread on OCMB, about half from each. Maybe 5% followed links from e-mails sent to them (not from me). I can't read the e-mails, if anyone wonders. .

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    O Noes! I've already printed it out. When you add stuff, will you add it somehow so that *we* won't have to print out the entire 118 pages plus the new material, but rather just the additions?

CHLNG
    Hey, look, I can do you a great deal in compatible printer ink, much cheaper than original manufacturer stuff. Just PM me your credit card details and ...

Joke.

It's not a problem. You can already choose which pages of the PDF file to print. Check it out and see. You'll just need to print out the additional pages, or the pages with changes, and substitute them in. I assume you can substitute pages easily enough in whatever you have already printed. It's not like the pages would be sewn together or glued in place like in a bound book.

Paul

Why Paulsrabbit.com?

Is it because of the closeness between rabbit and robot? Are we to expect paulsribbit.com? Robotic rabbits? paulsrubit.com?

But seriously, thanks Paul. You are doing a great service here.
    "Deception is the ethics of war." - John Singleton Mosby

Quote Originally Posted by Div6 View Post
    Why Paulsrabbit.com?

Is it because of the closeness between rabbit and robot?
    Yes.

Plus a bit of whimsy.

Paul

Patron with Honors

Thanx much for the compilation, Paul. I had missed a couple of those threads, and this makes it much more accessible.

I took the liberty of quoting the kinds words here on the download page with reference to this eBook, with a link back to this thread. It is all in full public view anyway, but if anyone objects to their "name" being used, let me know and I'll edit it out.

Paul

Patron with Honors Pliny Younger's Avatar

Default Thanks

A very unique and brilliant way to house some damn good information.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast