Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Stonelands

Default Re: Stonelands

Does anybody remember Suzie Waller, I think she was Swiss.
    What happened to her?
    What about John Hawkins, who I shared a dorm with in 1980?
    Was just wondering...
    cheers for any hlep

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xseaorguk View Post
    Does anybody remember Suzie Waller, I think she was Swiss.
    What happened to her?
    What about John Hawkins, who I shared a dorm with in 1980?
    Was just wondering...
    cheers for any hlep
    I remember lovely skinny Suzy, yes Swiss, fairly green and posted as LRH Comm or something with her good looks. It must have been overwhelming for her. She married Dale Bulbrook. She didn't want his name so he changed his to "Waller" by deed poll. They were living at Bullards. After a couple of years she left (dunno if routed out or what), they divorced, and after a bit he became Bulbrook again (early 80s). I never heard about her again.

John Hawkins got routed out rapidly from his HCO post in the late 70s for something reportedly salacious. I met him again when we were both working at David Morse & Associates in LA. He left DM&A around 2001 to start his own insurance claims adjusting business in the US, "Churchill Insurance" or some such name. You realize how small a world Scn is when you move thousands of miles away to another Scn centre and see all these peeps who'd "disappeared" years ago.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

3. Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
    Admin Emeritus (retired) Mick Wenlock's Avatar

anyone (actually Paul mainly) remember Roger Power? Whatever became of him and his wife ( don't remember her name, just that when I met her she had been routed off SO staff )

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    I remember lovely skinny Suzy, yes Swiss, fairly green and posted as LRH Comm or something with her good looks. It must have been overwhelming for her. She married Dale Bulbrook. She didn't want his name so he changed his to "Waller" by deed poll. They were living at Bullards. After a couple of years she left (dunno if routed out or what), they divorced, and after a bit he became Bulbrook again (early 80s). I never heard about her again.

John Hawkins got routed out rapidly from his HCO post in the late 70s for something reportedly salacious. I met him again when we were both working at David Morse & Associates in LA. He left DM&A around 2001 to start his own insurance claims adjusting business in the US, "Churchill Insurance" or some such name. You realize how small a world Scn is when you move thousands of miles away to another Scn centre and see all these peeps who'd "disappeared" years ago.

Paul
    thanks for update on Suzie Waller, that's right she was LRH comm.
    As regards John Hawkins, who had been RPF'ed for out 2D with Trisha Morgan, while on a mission somewhere (apparently).
    Well he must have been at on staff at Saint Hill at about Sept. 1980, as I shared a dormitory with him at the Brooklands SO house.
    Lovely big room it was, where the swifts in summer would build their nests under the roofing, so lovely to watch them
    fly about at dusk.
    Yes, it is a small world sometimes when in comes to meeting people in far away places.
    Isn't it funny how particular people stick out in your mind after all these years.

Another one was a small older lady at Brooklands, I think she was on the Estates Project.
    She had a strong New York accent, and used to remind people in the kitchen to use only the milk for tea.
    "Milk only for tea" she would announce loudly. It was funny.

Another person's name I never quite remembered was a South African lady, also elderly but very fit and slim. Maybe about late 60's or 70.
    Dark hair. She audited me whilst routing out.
    She was not really a staff member, but was often standing in when they needed somebody for such matters.
    Very lovely though.

Thanks for any help from anybody back then!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Wenlock View Post
    anyone (actually Paul mainly) remember Roger Power? Whatever became of him and his wife ( don't remember her name, just that when I met her she had been routed off SO staff )
    Wasn't it Lee Morgan/Power, heavily pregnant and LRH Comm UK? Dunno what happened to either of them, though.

Paul
    Last edited by Dulloldfart; 21st May 2017 at 04:43 AM.
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Quote Originally Posted by xseaorguk View Post
    thanks for update on Suzie Waller, that's right she was LRH comm.
    As regards John Hawkins, who had been RPF'ed for out 2D with Trisha Morgan, while on a mission somewhere (apparently).
    Well he must have been at on staff at Saint Hill at about Sept. 1980, as I shared a dormitory with him at the Brooklands SO house.

Lovely big room it was, where the swifts in summer would build their nests under the roofing, so lovely to watch them
    fly about at dusk.
    Fair enough. Sending Trish off on mission with hunky John was just asking for trouble! Whoever thought that was a good idea was nuts.

Sounds like Bullards. Yes, I lived there too for several years. Gorgeous.

Another one was a small older lady at Brooklands, I think she was on the Estates Project.
    She had a strong New York accent, and used to remind people in the kitchen to use only the milk for tea.
    "Milk only for tea" she would announce loudly. It was funny.
    She married Alex Smith. Ruth, er, Smith.

Another person's name I never quite remembered was a South African lady, also elderly but very fit and slim. Maybe about late 60's or 70.
    Dark hair. She audited me whilst routing out.
    She was not really a staff member, but was often standing in when they needed somebody for such matters.
    Very lovely though.
    Sounds like Ruth Abbo. She and Faith Hudson were non-SO Class VII/VIIIs who used to audit AO reviews for years, before finally getting turfed out because THEY decided it was not fitting to have non-SO riffraff in Tech. Since there were no SO VIIIs available the reviews then got done by mainly GradVs in the NOTs div.

Paul
    Last edited by Dulloldfart; 21st May 2017 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Wenlock View Post
    I can't help you with any information about him Mick, sorry, but a tall, thin person with dark hair springs to mind when I hear that name. Does that description resemble him at all? And another thought - was he something to do with the Guardian's Office?

Also, while I'm here - does anybody remember Pip Threlfall who owned a house in East Grinstead and rented rooms to Saint Hill staff and students around the late 60's early 70's?
    Last edited by strativarius; 21st May 2017 at 03:33 PM.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

Quote Originally Posted by strativarius View Post
    I can't help you with any information about him Mick, sorry, but a tall, thin person with dark hair springs to mind when I hear that name. Does that description resemble him at all? And another thought - was he something to do with the Guardian's Office?

Also, while I'm here - does anybody remember Pip Threlfall who owned a house in East Grinstead and rented rooms to Saint Hill staff and students around the late 60's early 70's?
    I know Pip quite well. First met him at an FZ conference in
    2004 very approximately. He is also a Christian. Very pleasant fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by strativarius View Post
    Yup, tall and thin with dark hair. He was Treasury Sec when Treasury was in the pavillion, circa 1973. I was the Bills Payments Preparing Officer at the time. They later sensibly shortened the name on the org board to Bills Payments Officer. Hubbard famously (to finance people, anyway) said in some 1965(?) policy in regard to being careful what cheques you sign, "Check signer he hang, not clerk." I was such a clerk.

Ah yes, the famous supposed SP who would inconveniently keep bringing new people to SH every now and then to introduce them to Scn. Heh.

Paul

11. Thanks strativarius says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Yup, tall and thin with dark hair. He was Treasury Sec when Treasury was in the pavillion, circa 1973. I was the Bills Payments Preparing Officer at the time. They later sensibly shortened the name on the org board to Bills Payments Officer. Hubbard famously (to finance people, anyway) said in some 1965(?) policy in regard to being careful what cheques you sign, "Check signer he hang, not clerk." I was such a clerk.
    Well, maybe I have got a few functional brain cells yet then.

Ah yes, the famous supposed SP who would inconveniently keep bringing new people to SH every now and then to introduce them to Scn. Heh.
    I was 'friends' with a tenant of his, an American girl from St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands (yeah right) who used to put on a Caribbean accent and call him Mr. Trelfall. That's how I got to know him. Sorry, nobody gives a fuck about that except I was beginning to wonder if I was making all this stuff up.
    To err is human, to purr is feline - Alexander Pope

13. Thanks Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617