Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stonelands

Gold Meritorious Patron michaelangelo's Avatar

Default Stonelands

I joined the S O in 1976, live at Stonelandsand slept in the Ballroom. I remember some of the occupants names. Paul Adams, Mark Gardiner, Bryan Andrews, Dave Skull, Bennie Da Costa, Alex Smith, Alf Wilson and John Cox. Moved to Bullards and left in 1981. Then did a couple of years on SH Foundation. In 1985 had OT 3 and some NOTS with Vicky and Eric Ballard in Lancing. Done nothing since in Scio. Does this ring a bell with anyone?.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Yes.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Gold Meritorious Patron Axiom142's Avatar

Stonelands was sold off by the CoS around ’95. It got turned into luxury apartments. The staff were mostly moved to Walsh Manor near Crowborough.

Although this means greater travelling time, they are much better off there as Stonelands was rather run down and desperately in need of renovating. The accommodation at Walsh is quite good by SO standards, although they still have to put up with bunk beds in some rooms.

I got invited to the opening in ’95 and was quite impressed by the facilities. They even had laundry facilities with about 10 washers and the same number of driers. It certainly would have made life much easier for me when I was in, if I had those luxuries instead of having to walk into EG on a Saturday morning to use the launderette. Mind you, it is the CoS we are talking about, wouldn’t be surprised if half the machines didn’t work now.

Axiom142
    "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Siddhartha Gautama

“He is tall, sort of dark, and sort of handsome. Well not ugly anyway.” - Terril Park on Axiom142

Some of my videos: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...s-Video-Thread

4. Likes Free Will liked this post

Default Stonelands

yeah, what happened to Alf Wilson, Bennie da Costa, Bryan Andrews?
    The famous 'Ballroom' at Sonelands.
    It was bloody freezing there in the washroom and toilets.
    Then the minibus ride into the Org every day.
    Yes, fond and weird memories from the 20th Century in the Sea Org UK.

Gold Meritorious Patron michaelangelo's Avatar

Default Stonelands Ballroom

I last saw Alf Wilson was about twelve years ago. He was living in Copthorne. Bennie Da Costa the last I heard had an Off Liscence in Bromley. But that was 25 years ago.

Patron with Honors

Default Ballroom

I would have been in the ballroom with you (Colin Guy). Remember the days we had to get up early to chain-gang all our beds, furniture and possessions to the old 'Art shed' because some local authority was coming to inspect claims of unhygienic over-crowding? Actually we were lucky, since that was before they discovered 3-layer bunk-beds. Ho-ho-ho.
    Just like my Dad as a soldier in the war, I found myself pushed into close friendships through surviving the same hardships together.
    I am free of Scientology.

Patron with Honors

Incidentally, I actually get a great kick every time I read the name of anyone who was at Saint Hill with me between 1972 and 1981. I really did like nearly all of us and I certainly haven't found a 'better' group since.
    I am free of Scientology.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelangelo View Post
    I joined the S O in 1976, live at Stonelandsand slept in the Ballroom. I remember some of the occupants names. Paul Adams, Mark Gardiner, Bryan Andrews, Dave Skull, Bennie Da Costa, Alex Smith, Alf Wilson and John Cox. Moved to Bullards and left in 1981. Then did a couple of years on SH Foundation. In 1985 had OT 3 and some NOTS with Vicky and Eric Ballard in Lancing. Done nothing since in Scio. Does this ring a bell with anyone?.
    I'm real good friends with Vicky. Shared accomodation with Alf 40 years ago.

John Cox rings a bell. Not sure which one.

Banned

I slept in the ballroom during mid-1979, then was moved to the stable. It was "country living" medieval style. Just loved showering as I watched cows stick their heads in the window chewing away.

Banned

Default comment to Free Will

Quote Originally Posted by Free Will View Post
    I would have been in the ballroom with you (Colin Guy). Remember the days we had to get up early to chain-gang all our beds, furniture and possessions to the old 'Art shed' because some local authority was coming to inspect claims of unhygienic over-crowding? Actually we were lucky, since that was before they discovered 3-layer bunk-beds. Ho-ho-ho.
    Just like my Dad as a soldier in the war, I found myself pushed into close friendships through surviving the same hardships together.
    Hello Colin! Yes, that is true. A good bunch of people in an insane organization.

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast