Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Suicide..Another lawsuit. Kyle Brennan

Patron with Honors

Default Another Suicide..Another lawsuit. Kyle Brennan

"According to the complaint filed in Florida federal court, an adult son, Kyle Brennan, visits his Scientologist father and he has with him a prescription to Lexapro for depression and social anxiety. The Scientologist father lives in a complex with other Scientologists and the father is instructed by a church chaplain to take away the son’s Lexapro so he locks the medication in his truck. On February 16th with ready access to a loaded gun, the son shot himself in the head.

Forget the Scientology and Lexapro, I’d say that whoever was responsible for leaving a loaded gun in the proximity of a clinically depressed person, is responsible for his death."

http://rlwilsonconsulting.wordpress....rongful-death/

Silver Meritorious Patron DCAnon's Avatar

Not only did they take him off his depression medication and leave a loaded gun next to his bed, but the gun and the bullets were wiped clean of fingerprints according to the court documents.

Gold Meritorious Patron

Isn't this years old.

Correction. The law suit is new.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

There is no autopsy posted online that I can see, not any police info, nothing except what is written in the complaint, filed Feb 13 2009. The complaint is readily available online:
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/0...cientology.pdf

Interestingly, one of the defendants is Denise Miscavige as Chaplain. Per the complaint, Kyle - a non-Scio - was visiting his father in Clearwater. His father was advised by the Chaplain to remove his son's Lexapro as it was a psych medication, and they tried to reg the son and his mother - also a non-Scio - for a Narconon program. Neither bit. The son slept overnight in a room provided by the father and apparently shot himself with a loaded .357 magnum that he readily found. The police were called 45 minutes later, after the local Scn people were. Neither the pistol nor the bullets had any identifiable fingerprints. I don't know if it means they were wiped off, were merely smudged, or what. The attorney is Ken Dandar, well-known anti-CofS lawyer.

No media yet that I can see. That should change.

Paul
    Last edited by Dulloldfart; 16th February 2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Bit of research
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post

That was my fault, I had this mixed up with a different incident.

His death happened about 2 years ago. The mother got an experienced lawyer I see.

Quote Originally Posted by DCAnon View Post
    Not only did they take him off his depression medication and leave a loaded gun next to his bed, but the gun and the bullets were wiped clean of fingerprints according to the court documents.
    It said that the gun and bullets had no IDENTIFIABLE fingerprints. That doesn't mean there weren't any fingerprints unless I'm missing something here.

Denise Miscavige, Covington, Liccardi, Gentile is DM's twin sister.
    Patty Pieniadz Moher

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    Denise Miscavige, Covington, Liccardi, Gentile is DM's twin sister.
    Bet she's taller then DM!

Wonder if DM is still thinking ANY pr is good pr? :D

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast