2 US Congressmen ask French PM to disband MIVILUDES

Discussion in 'Legal and Government Actions Involving Scientology' started by mnql1, Nov 25, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. mnql1

mnql1 Patron Meritorious

U.S. Congressmen Trent Franks (R-Arizona) and Heath Shuler (D-North Carolina) signed a letter dated October 28, 2011 and addressed to French Prime Minister François Fillon, asking him to disband MIVILUDES, the Interministerial Mission of Vigilance and Combat against Sectarian Abuses.

Congressmen Franks and Shuler complain that MIVILUDES is trying to export its methods and encourage other countries to adopt their own About-Picard law. Coincidentally, on the date of the letter, MIVILUDES president Georges Fenech was about to travel to Australia to speak at the CIFS conference on cults in Australia in the first week of November at the invitation of Senator Nick Xenophon, who favors the creation of an agency similar to MIVILUDES.

The congressmen also criticize the French Ministry of Justice for issuing a circular containing information about cults to magistrates and prosecutors in September 2011. This is the same circular that Scientology lawyer Michel de Guillenchmidt condemned a few days before the November 3 Scientology appeal trial, claiming that the circular was a blatant attempt to pressure the court into convicting Scientology.

Congressman Trent Franks has signed this kind of letter before, as explained in a 2009 Gawker article: Did Scientology Enlist Congressional Stooges to Attack France?

The text of the letter and a snapshot appear below. A pdf containing images of the letter can be downloaded here:
    or here (French Scientology religious freedom lobby front group):

Credit to Roger Gonnet for mentioning this letter in a post on the French Google Groups forum on cults:
    la secte criminelle écrit à Fillon

2. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks for posting. I hope all y'all North Carolinians and Arizonans will be writing to your congressmen/women to put the other side of the story.

I heard Georges Fenech of MIVILUDES at the recent CIFS conference in Parliament House, Canberra, and thought the work his unit is doing is fantastic. It's not about freedom of religion. It's about the destructive behaviour of cults.
  3. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Cult is doing what it's always done - grasp at straws to stop its inevitable extinction.:yes:

Dumb politicians need educating on why cults must be monitored. Otherwise they'll just take on whatever cult propaganda they get and spout it. Stupidly.

These two need to woken up to the abuses that Co$ and others perpetrate.

Or "we" find their crimes :biggrin:
  4. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Suddenly I like France a lot more!:yes:
  5. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Me too, I'll be pretty pissed if they surrender again though... :p

Stupid american politicians are pretty stupid, gah, are these paid & bought shills?

Sounds like it.

Our's are no better ATM, even our shit PM is selling the people out, fucking traitor imho.~~~~~~ maybe his mom should be ashamed for not dropping him moar.....

6. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

The French won't back down, despite their reputation of being surrender monkeys :biggrin: I wonder what other country those stooges referred to? Could it be the "land of intolerance"?
  7. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Ok...lessee. Heath Schuler. Former quarterback for the Washington Redskins. Was traded to another team, suffered a foot injury, went to a third team, re-injured his foot, ended his career. After retiring from the NFL, Shuler returned to the University of Tennessee and completed his education, graduating with a degree in psychology. He then became a real estate professional in Knoxville.

Seems like he has hooked up with the right "team". Prediliction to "chronic footbulletitis" coupled with a desire to dominate via "psychology" and real estate shell games. Yep...perfect match.

Trent Franks? Blew off college to drill oil wells in Texas and Arizona...when that get rich quick scheme didn't work out, he did what they all do...went into politics.

Looks like Sue Taylor has been busy.
  8. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

America: Home and haven for wakey cults, religious extremists and repressive psychotic dictators.... How far we travelled since Woodstock. :no:
  9. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Good point Mr Anchovie, and it's not just America that's lost the plot, think I'll have to grow my hair long again take the boots off wrap myself in tie died and paisley and teach the young ones how to rebel.
  10. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

11. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Or, better, we expose these dogs to their electorate for selling the $cn song.

In other words, make it unsafe for politicians to support the cult even under the guise of "religious freedom."

I wonder how long they would stay in office once they are rightfully exposed for having sold out to, been bought by, you know who.

In the upcoming election, this is something their opponents could benefit from knowing and using.

12. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

That BBC article is none too kind to the Scientology UFO cult. I don't think they're being naive. The "Graeme Wilson drivel" achieves nothing except to appear creepy, cultish and deluded.

The article is from 1999, and the decline in Scientology's fortunes is clear. Ten thousand members? My arse. 15 "churches"... er, nope! Or not anymore, anyway.

It's nice to see these vintage pieces, and chart the disappearance of Hubbard's fantasy.
  13. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Banned

I thought this "Graeme Wilson drivel" was pretty cool, webbed it a decade ago..was sent to me by Michael Pattinson OT8..

14. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

I just LOVE that cartoon. It says it ALL! :thumbsup:
  15. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

16. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

Sounds to me like Scientology bought a couple of Congressmen. :angry::angry::angry:
  17. greebly

greebly Patron with Honors

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011