50% Discount on Scientology Religious Status at the Church of Scientology of Ventura

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, Aug 9, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

50% Discount on Scientology Religious Status at the Church of Scientology of Ventura.

This works as follows. Assume a given Scientology Religious Status with respect to the Ventura Ideal Org (e.g., Humanitarian) costs $10,000. You pay $5,000. Somebody else supposedly "matches" your contribution (because who says they actually did and how would you know if they did?). You get the Scientology Religious Status that normally costs $10,000 for only $5,000 -- an effective discount of 50%.

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-179/

[​IMG]

2. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Does the cult have some jewelery or maybe a little crown with my status level emblazoned on it that I can wear around the Idle Morgue to dazzle other culties with?

Maybe a fake platinum pendant with 50k spelled out in shiny Zircon's.

A large certificate in a nice ornate frame even?

Heck, a T-shirt that says what a wonderful dupe I am?

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Who is paying for the other 50%....the match?

4. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron with Honors

Why on earth do people fall for this? What exactly does 'status' buy you? A get out of SP free card? Immunity from having to redo your levels when the next GAT is announced? Exemption from the 6 month checks on OTVII? No? Then why the hell would anyone fall for that? Your status will be revoked in a flash when you get declared an SP. It's absolutely worthless. And fingers you as a good mark for future regging.

I'm fascinated as to why people would bother with this. I remember seeing some promo website thing for a UK org that someone put up on this board a while back, where they were fund raising for an ideal org, and people were making donations of £30 and £50. That looked to me like they were saying to themselves "I'll just donate the minimum possible to get rid of the reg for a while". A much more sensible approach. Surely there can't be many left who think that it's a good idea to donate thousands of dollars to the IAS Status scam.

If I was still a true believer, that's what I would do. I'd just donate the minimum possible to get rid of the reg and keep out of ethics, and focus my real 'donations' on my service account so I could go up the Bridge. Then not answer my phone whenever they called me. It surprises me that they can still get anyone to fall for that scam, even if they do still hanker to go up the Bridge.

5. CommunicatorIC

In this case, nobody knows who is supposedly paying the 50% match.

Sometimes the COS names the person or persons who are supposedly paying the 50% match. Sometimes the COS does not.

I say "supposedly" because how would anyone know whether the 50% match was actually paid? Some have speculated this mechanism is a way for the COS to sell Ideal Org statuses at a discount without admitting that the the COS is receiving less money for the statuses.

6. CommunicatorIC

Depending on the amount of the donation and the status awarded, I've seen people receive anything from a T-shirt to a jacket.

And, yes, the person gets a framed certificate. Always a certificate.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 2:33 AM
  7. Dave B.

Exactly.

At least Pope Leo X during the Renaissance would actually grant and follow through on the dispensation you bought with your gold florins.

$cientology's "pope" will just back-stab you.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 4:56 AM
  8. Dave B.

I know.

I was just being snarky.

This aspect of $cientology is extremely worthy of being laughed at.

9. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I got an IAS T-shirt and a pin and a plaque. Then when I left I got all my money refunded and threw out the T-shirt, pin and plaque.

10. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

Looks like they are still in disagreement about if it will be called Santa Barbara or Ventura Ideal Org. There are several Scientologists in both Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.