A book of personal Experience!

Discussion in 'Welcome, Media People and Researchers, Ask Here fo' started by Madscotsman, Nov 12, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

Would anyone be interested in telling there story in one page and forming a book of many ex members and selling it. How many books do you see of only one story but not a whole picture, you would not have to give personal details to the book but would enlighten people of the struggles we have. remember the book "Have you Lived before this Life!" it was individual cases, imagine that with our experiences. together we are powerfull, individually we are not, Do you think this is a good idea! I would be willing to put the effort in, if others were interested.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  2. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

Re: A book of personal Experieces!

how the hell do I edit the title lol, spelling bad already!

3. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Whose book would it be?

4. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

all of ours, a group thing. no individual profit makers, just a book!

5. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

ok, not one page but as many as you want, think about it, you will enlighten people of the pro's and con's of the cult. Do not be afraid, just be honest and factual. this is not about making a killing financially, but making people aware of the facts. people need to know!

6. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Most of us actually have written our stories already. Here, on this forum.

7. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

More Exposure than a forum

8. arcxcauseblows

arcxcauseblows Patron Meritorious

like an almanac of ex scientologists

• how'd you get in
    • what made you say
    • how much did you spend
    • how far up the bridge did you get
    • what was the most effed up thing you saw
    • how'd you leave
    • what made you leave

9. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

give us an example with your story, promise its within the forum. just want to see what it like!

10. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Within 24 hours, Edit Post > Go Advanced.

And "one page" is meaningless. Give a word count.

Paul

11. No One

No One Patron

Also we should make sure to list any disconnections involved. You to others, others to you, affected other family members.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  12. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

I like this book idea.

1500 words or so as a guideline? I've written a few articles for websites before (non$cn. stuff) that clocked in at about 750. I think 1500 words would be enough to tell a story but keep it brief and to the point of the proposed book.

I'm in.

13. skep

skep Patron with Honors

Here you go. I opened a Google account (sciconbook@gmail.com) and a new document that is share by anyone who has this link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fnb-0WSlbywKwmPoztbr2UqYMew1MwSuOtFh3plc8Fk/edit?usp=sharing

Don't worry about someone deleting your story; we can always roll back and resurrect it. Before you start, perhaps some thought and notes could be made of some guidelines. I like your idea of 1500 words. That is a good guideline for succinct stories, yet it allows for enough to get a good flavor.

Thoughts?

14. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

I like the idea in theory. But as always "the devil is in the details."

Who would publish it? Who would pay any costs?

I might volunteer to do the editing. If you're going to do it, do it right!

15. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

cheers for that!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  16. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Madscotsman, I don't think that's the issue here, not the reason you have such a mediocre response.

I'm sure people have lots of different reasons, but some of them might be along the line of one of the following:

1) I already wrote it here or elsewhere.
    2) I do not want open or an unknown with copyright for my work.
    3) I want to write it elsewhere.
    4) I don't want to write it at all, I'm past that.
    5) Who are you that you ask?

There may be other reasons, but I don't think being overwhelmed is one of them. They left COS. That makes most other things a spring walk in the countryside as comparison. These are not scared little bunnies hiding in the woods from what they went through. They are exscn. :clap: :clap: :clap:

17. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

Thanks for your comments

18. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:shrug:

I have no idea who you are, your background or experience, so how can I say whether you counseling others is a good idea or not?

It's always good to want to help. You sound like you have a big heart.

My suggestion is you contact Stephen A. Kent for advice on that. He's the one who has studied it and worked with exes for years. I can't tell you what to do or not, but I wish you well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_A._Kent

19. Madscotsman

Madscotsman Patron

Thanks for your comments

20. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader