A brief breakdown of the 8 OT levels?

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Cannon Fodder, Mar 8, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Patron

Is there a source where I can get a short breakdown of what each "OT" level is supposed to achieve/reveal for the student, from I right up to VIII? Say around 3/4 paragraphs per level? I know most levels are available from places such as wikileaks but some of it is pretty heavy reading for the uninitiated!

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I'm not going to write 3 or 4 paras for each, but here goes, as I understand it:

New OT1: Used to be an objective-type process, done in a few hours. Since about 1984 it has been a de-PTSing level, taking about 10-15 hours of solo auditing problems processes on people and things that the person feels have been antagonistic to him/her. It is usually (or was when I was involved with it 20 years ago) pretty effective and well-received.

OT2: Addresses a large number of dichotomies on a person's case, pairs like create/destroy. The full number is thousands, but it is not necessary to do them all to be complete on the level. Hubbard says these dichotomies were implanted in the person 75 million years ago. Tends to take dozens of hours of solo auditing. Some benefits attainable from it.

OT3: The 75 million year ago incident, the biggie. Xenu. Body thetans. Google it. It's all over the place. Despite the idiocy of Hubbard's theory, there would seem to be something genuine underlying the procedure which is addressed. Tends to be longer than OT2, maybe a hundred hours, sometimes less and sometimes more.

New OT4: OT Drug RD. Audited by another, usually far less than an intensive (12.5 hours). Addresses "body thetans" left over from OT3, related to drug incidents, that the guy didn't spot on OT3.

New OT5: Audited NOTs. More supposed BTs, that hadn't been spotted earlier. Takes about 50 hours, more or less. Many people get gains from this, so again, it seems something valid is being addressed, even if the theory is not all correct.

New OT6: Mostly the same as the Solo Auditor Course Part 1 - identical except it doesn't say Solo Part 1 on the checksheet - with a little bit of theory about Solo NOTs and getting going on solo auditing on Solo NOTs at Flag.

New OT7: Solo NOTs, auditing at home. For years. And years. And years. Again, some of it seems valuable, but that seems to be the early part of the auditing and then it drags on, seemingly an overrun. It's a fabulous cash cow for the CofS, with every 6 months the person needs to go to Flag for a "6 month check" where they get a very out-tech sec-check, which tends to take, what a couple of intensives? The EP is something like can't find any more BTs (which is also the EP of OT3!!!), but whereas on OT3 it is more or less by attest on this one it is after another 3-4 intensives of sec-check and other checks to make sure there REALLY is no way they can screw any more money out of you on the level.

New OT8: The solo auditor addresses his past auditing and is evaluated for and told that next to none of the past identities he has encountered in his auditing were really him, thereby invalidating pretty much all the auditing he ever had prior to the OT levels, and those lower levels were where he got most of his gains anyway! The EP is knowing who he wasn't, so he can now find out who he is. Except they haven't released that level yet, so sorry, your stable datum got shaken without you being allowed to put a new one in its place.

And it only took $350,000 and twenty years and a hell of a lot of heartache.

There, happy?

Paul

3. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

There, happy?

Paul

Very!

I didn't do the OT levels.

4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

There really no substitute for looking over Hubbard's handwritten CC, OT2, and OT 3 material, and related writings, and RJ 67.

There's a great deal of "information," including ominous warnings as to the dangerousness of the procedures: dates (OT 2, as I recall, had dates in the "trillions," often with detailed descriptions of "Implants" exceeding simple dichotomies; plus there's the "spot the thetan" step (also, as I recall, on the CC) which meant "spot the thetan as yourself," and then this was changed somewhat for OT 2. OT 2 has dates in the trillions, which were later described as "implanted dates" (which you still read, as it's part of content of the "Implant") from 75 million years ago.

OT 3 is similarly full of warnings of its dangerousness, and its importance to your survival and well being (part of the pack, or course materials, and surrounding hype), and involves "running" (or directing toward a "BT") specific occurrences from "Incident 2" of 75 millions years ago and, of course, "incident 1" of 4 quadrillion years ago.

This description is incomplete, but, I hope, provides a "feel" for this supposedly most important part of Scientology.

Incidentally, in 1956, in 'Pab 99', Hubbard wrote that "There are not other thetans in the body," and if anyone had come forward to disagree with him, at that time, insisting that he had thousands if them in his body, and had been subjected to a super-engram from 75 million years ago, most Scientologists would have regarded that person as insane.

But then, ten years later, Ron changed his mind, so here we are.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=6528

5. Human Again

Human Again Silver Meritorious Patron

Hi Paul, That was costly research, man. Can you share more on what the good was? I spent a decade of my life working so people could get the benefits of the OT levels and would like to know, what even a few got. Up until your post my conclusion was that they got nothing, maybe the feel good feeling of relief when something is "finished" or something but could you be specifc?

I appreciate your candour

PS thanks for the question, Can Fod

6. Dulloldfart

Yes. Complete with items like "96. To build a[n] amnesiaizingness machine Not to amnesiaize yourself." And those OT2 dates in "the trillions"? The date of the first implant is supposed to be - before he decided it was wrong - something like "trillions 210,000,866th", hand-written as tr with an exponent of 210,000,866, which in Hubbard math means 10^12*210,000,866 or roughly 10^2,400,000,000 years ago.

I was just being lazy, not trying to minimize the idiocy of some of Hubbard's theories.

Paul

7. Div6

Div6 Crusader

The full quote is:
    "Because there have been other facsimiles on the GE line, his stimulus does very often not get the exact response on the body. It gets some other response and introduces an unknown element.

The thetan thinks he is just handling one bank—he is actually handling thousands of banks that have been there before him. There are not other thetans in the body. The facsimiles are just the residue of other thetans in the bank. These are the facsimiles and reactions made by other thetans in the bank and this is often a very spooky thing."

So this is not the "full 180" you characterize it to be.

And I agree. People should read the full source materials and make up their own minds.

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

My understanding is that one needs to read and duplicate the "implanted date" to "as-is the charge," as it's part of the Implant, so one reads off the trillions+ dates (with an understanding that they're really from 75 millions years ago.)

Again, IMO, it comes back to Hubbard's 1963 definition of an implant, which sounds an awful lot like what he was (covertly) imposing on Scientologists (encased and infused with some actual auditing) on what I call the Implantology levels. (Hubbard, the Implanter)

You're explanations are excellent, and honest, which I truly appreciate.

9. Dulloldfart

I didn't run it in the CofS. I solo'd it later, but I had already de-sensitized most of the items so there wasn't much to run. My comments were from observing others - they seemed to love it. They found antago people and situations in their past that were still charged, and they got the charge off. It can be quite a big deal if you're still connecting to and interacting with the people concerned.

Sorry, ask someone else re the benefits. I did it 30 years ago and don't remember exactly what changed, only that I had benefited over and above the status and being one big step nearer to OT3. Plus I said nothing about "OT Powers". I've said very little about "OT Powers" on ESMB, and may say something later but not right now. I don't think Hubbard had a clue on the subject, except for its PR value in getting money out of people, and he was very good at that.

Not really. I don't save success stories - Terril does. :). One thing I got was I used to cave in horribly on 2D stuff, which disappeared after apparently handling a particular being who left and didn't come back. Again, 30 years ago.

Nope. I didn't do it. But there are several people on ESMB who may be willing to provide some personal wins from this level.

Again, it seems there is something genuine being addressed, that is good to get rid of. I don't believe it is real entire beings being addressed and released, but people here on ESMB have expressed gains. Just not for ten years!

Not much help, sorry.

Paul

10. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I don't have a problem with the possibility of other influences, spiritual influences, etc., but take a look at the Scientologists of the mid 1950s - read old issues of "Aberree" - and I think you'll agree that over-all they were happier and saner, and their psychical abilities and sensitivities were doing just fine.

IMO, preoccupation with Hubbard's early 1952 obsession with entities - inspired by his injected cocaine use - is ill advised.

That there are many banks left over is another theory (1956), but preoccupation, beyond a certain point with these "banks" is also placing the person at needless effect.

Nonetheless, 1960s OT levels address mainly BTs, not residue banks, minus BTs.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  11. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Since I've never 'run' it or even been a Scientologist, I can say nothing from personal experience here. What I can say is that I know someone who ran into the first 'Jesus was an implant' on this level. From the description, it's not surprising that many others never heard that, since it's only run to the acceptable 'EP'/Cog. However, it's an interminable list of 'items' that *does* include that.

Zinj

12. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder Patron

Thanks for the quick reply. Just what I needed :)

13. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

I've also heard that on OT8, one comes to realise, or is educated, or it's insinuated (i'm not sure which it is) that EVERY whole track incident you've ever run was someone else's because this is YOUR first time around. Anyone currently running a body has NOT been here before.

Can anyone confirm this?

If this is true, it makes sense (in a scientological way) that you've found out who you are not. But why then do all the preceeding levels? If you are auditing the track of BTs or other entities all along, why bother?

Also, if the EP of OT8 is that you've found out who you are not, and are interested in finding out who you are - well what the hell does that mean anyway? Surely anything that you "are" apart from "pure theta" would just be more valences and goals and games anyway.

14. Div6

Div6 Crusader

The platens are on line here: http://www.freezoneearth.org/Prometheus04/otTwo/index.htm

I don't see any mention of "jesus" in any of them. The "the man on the cross, there was no Christ" quote was from the 10th lecture of the Class VIII course...

15. Div6

Div6 Crusader

That's the first I've ever heard of that. It reeks of DM alter-is if its true.

In "What I think of Auditors" LRH refers to auditors as "beings recently come to this planet, and seeing the way it is going deciding to do something about it..." (quote not exact as it is off the top of my head.)

16. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Re OTVIII:

Once you have discovered who you are not; all the beings, entities, facades, delusions, etc.

You realize that your disassociation from all your previous goals, wishes and dreams has freed you to learn who you really are.

You've eliminated all the false purposes; all the implants and BTs. You are clean and clear and ready to learn the *truth*

(available on OT IX - XV)

You are L. Ron Hubbard. Everything is L. Ron Hubbard

All your previous delusions that you are Sam or Mary or Mrs. Pattycake are just that; delusions.

You are Ron and Ron is you. Ron is not only you, He's your dog and your car and your coffeemaker. He's the westwind and the sunshine

Zinj

17. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Emma, See answers in red below.
    Cheers, Panda.

18. Human Again

Human Again Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks Paul, for your honest answers. I appreciate your sharing.

:kiss:

19. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Hey Panda, thanks so much for your answers. I've got some more questions about this if you don't mind - don't answer if you are uncomfortable

How is this "realisation" put to the pre OT? Is it a bulletin? A rundown? A stated EP that must be verbalised? Or is it just something that becomes apparent after the rest of the level is done?

But surely those incidents are fed to you by Hubbard anyway. You have to read the books, the bulletins, the confidential issues. You have to listen to the tapes and answer the whole track sec check/ FPRD questions. All the whole track stuff is already implanted into your head by Hubbard anyway as you make your journey of the Bridge.

So if I'm right, the entire Bridge is originally posed to you as a way to rid you of your ruins. You run engrams by chains down the track into a space opera created by Hubbard. You run FPRD chains down that same time track. You can't run NED until you can "go wholetrack". When you go Clear you realise that you mocked up your own reactive mind WAAAY back and can now have or not have it. Yet that time track you ran to get to that EP of Clear WASN'T EVEN YOURS????? :omg::omg:

But surely after OT8 a thetan would get it? I mean what on earth can you add to pure theta to make it "better"?

20. Dulloldfart

That bit about "residue of other thetans in the bank" matches up well with the bits of others' trapped frozen energy-consciousness I detailed in my recent thread Paul's Body Thetans. Provided one forgets about the GE nonsense in the paragraph before it. :). I had forgotten about that quote above or I would have mentioned it there. Thanks very much.

Paul