A rough overview

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ps3udo Nym, Jan 8, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Ps3udo Nym

Ps3udo Nym New Member

I grew up in a Scientology family, joined Staff when I was in high school, signed two different billion year contracts, one for CMO and one on the freewinds, but never routed on.

I'm not practicing Scientology, and have not had any involvement since I did my undergrad degree.
    My mother and her husband are still active in the church, and some of my siblings still have many Scientology friends.

I'd like to reflect and write about my association with the organization, but am not willing to do so with my true identity due to fear of disconnection.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

Welcome, Ps3udo Nym!!!

You have a lot of company here. Lots of folk have friends and family still in, so they're careful with their posts and don't specify names, locations, dates, whathaveyou.

But, writing about your journey will be very healing. Trust me, I know from personal experience.

We love stories here, so when you're ready, post away!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

If you want to keep under the radar, be cautious about details which could identify you, like which org you go to, number of siblings, parents case level, etc.

You might even want to review your initial post and remove a couple of bits of data like education.
  4. Ps3udo Nym

Ps3udo Nym New Member

Good points, thanks (I've made that edit).

I think I may choose to write on a standalone blog instead:

EDIT: oops. site is now marked public.

That way I have the freedom to easily mark a post private if I realize I've said too much after the fact. An archival search may still find such a post, but that will at least take work that would discourage discovery.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  5. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

You may have come across this thread started by Bill already, being a current thread.

I'll put it here if you're interested.

As you may also be aware OSA (Scientology's Gestapo) monitors this board and the suggestions given above are valid precautions. They can be quite good at sniffing out who people are by any benign info given out and put pressure on others you know to pull you in or disconnect from you. They will jealously protect their interests with those who are still in.

Tell your story whenever you are ready to, we love to hear them, but there's no pressure either.

Welcome aboard!
  6. Ps3udo Nym

Ps3udo Nym New Member

7. anon1

anon1 Patron

Welcome! I'm in a similar position! Although you will notice, the disconnections happen regardless. It depends how openly critical you are. It's hard for me to keep my mouth shut when I hear a blatant lie about Scientology numbers or proven 'scientific' evidence of the tech. Please share any stories. Change the genders, numbers of people, locations etc etc to confuse OSA. And pepper your stories with red herrings to throw them off scent. Although to be fair I think scientology is truly sinking and cannot keep up with the attacks. We have strength in numbers.
  8. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

The most difficult part of being an ex-Scientologist these days, is that it seems everybody now knows about Scientology, and it's universally laughed it. It's embarrassing to have once been conned by it. I don't volunteer to people that I used to be in it.

It's probably incredibly worse if you are a still-in Scientologist. Imagine working in a regular company, and have Scientology come up in conversation (like when some Scn celebrity is in the news), and have the people around you laugh at it. What is a Scientologist to do? Quit the company? Defend Scientology and immediately be viewed as a lunatic? It must be stressful.