Andy Nolch smears James Randi as a pedophile

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by Veda, Jun 8, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

This video is titled L. Ron Hubbard's Ten Greatest Discoveries. Amongst these are Admin tech, Tone Scale, Suppressive Persons, thetans, and misunderstood words.

When discussing James Randi, under the category of Suppressive Persons, at 16:30, the pedophile smears begin.

Somehow, Andy couldn't manage to make a simple list of beneficial items of Scientology - beneficial in his mind at least - with attacking and smearing.

It shows the sickness that's interwoven into Scientology.

Of course, Andy's not to blame, he's young and doesn't know better.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  2. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same.

The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' but just to survive.
    [Not for what, but just to survive, as in have an impact for the sake of having an impact.]

I turned the thing up
    [The Dynamic principle of Existence: Survive!] so it's up to me to survive in a big way.

Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note or painted canvas or hard granite
    . [Or stainless steel, or titanium, or by having 'L. Ron Hubbard' identified with people's 'survival!']

Foolishly perhaps, but determined nonetheless, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed.

That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned.

Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous. It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt. And all this boils and froths inside my head.

Psychiatrists, reaching the high of the dusty desk, tell us that Alexander, Genghis Khan and Napoleon were madmen. I know they're maligning some very intelligent gentlemen.

...I can make Napoleon look like a punk

From L. Ron Hubbard's 'Excalibur' letter, August 1938

______________________​

Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler.

From L. Ron Hubbard's 'Affirmations' of 1946

________________​

"In my opinion, Hubbard was an evil man, and a willfully evil man. He knew what he was doing."

James Randi

Randi encountered a Scientologist at the earlier part of this video, and was interviewed briefly by a non-Scientologist toward the end (around 2:00), where he talks about Hubbard, Dianetics, and John Campbell. Randi knew Hubbard in the late 1940s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj-w09kpQcY

____________​

[​IMG]

I am not interested in wog morality. If anyone is getting industrious trying to enturbulate or stop Scientologists or Scientology or its activities, I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher.

From the 1969, 'Discipline, SPs, and Admin'

[​IMG]

The highest purpose in the universe is the creation of an effect.

Scientology Axiom 10.

Hubbard's "philosophy," later called "Scientology," appeared, not during the "cold war" of the 1950s, as is fashionable to say these days, but during the 1930s, during the time of Mussolini and Hitler.

Of course Nietzsche was an influence.

Just look at Hubbard's private correspondence and other writings. There is no mention of humanitarian motives or objectives. It's entirely about psychological manipulation and power over others, "SURVIVE!," and Hubbard's equivalent of the 1000 year Reich - only Hubbard has his personal Reich lasting for 10,000 years, or so he wrote Sara, his soon to be erased 2nd wife, in 1951.

3. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

To be precise, at about 16:30 Andy Nolch says, "it will probably come out that he is a pedophile":

[​IMG]

I have to disagree with your statement that Andy is not to blame. He is is grown-ass adult who is responsible for his conduct and what he does and says.

Andy Nolch slandered James Randi. If it is worth Randi's time, Andy just bought himself a lawsuit. You think a court is going to hear some bullshit excuse, of "oh, he's a Scientologist, and can therefore say whatever defamatory shit he wants without any responsibility?"

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  4. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Yes, that's what I had originally written before my brain fart. Will change it back :)

5. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

If you take the time to research James Randi on the net you find he is a debunked debunker. I read one article where he reneged on his $1 million challenge, where the person was able to prove some damn thing or other. But why on earth would Andy Nolch bring up Randi in the first place? Did Andy fail Randi's One Million Dollar test himself?

If Andy wants One Million Dollars - perhaps he should ask this guy:

[video=youtube;EJR1H5tf5wE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJR1H5tf5wE[/video]

6. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  7. Mimsey Borogrove

More at link:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...andi-debunking-the-king-of-the-debunkers.html

More at link.

http://www.skepticalinvestigations.org/Examskeptics/Prescott_Randi.html

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

[​IMG]

This little thread is not so much about James Randi as it is about the devious nature of Scientology, which, for example, entices the unsuspecting with things like its Tone Scale and the Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation...

[​IMG]

...and leads them into thinking they're simply "applying the Tone Scale," etc. when, in reality, they're unwitting participants in Hubbard's mind gaming of the "Homo Saps," as he called them.

L. Ron Hubbard explains how to use propaganda (to push the "hate" and "love" "buttons" of "wogs") in his confidential 'Battle Tactics' of 16 February 1969:

"The only safe public opinion to head for is they love us and are in a frenzy of hate against the enemy, that means standard wartime propaganda is what one is doing... Know the mores of your public opinion, what they hate. That's the enemy. What they love. That's you."

And another piece of Scientology tech, from Hubbard's confidential 'Black Propaganda' of 12 January 1972:

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people."

____​

9. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Sorry Andy Nolch, I never got past the first sentence of your video. When you can pronounce LR 'aitch' correctly (it's not LR haich) maybe I'll come back and give it a listen.

10. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Goldenrod SP

Andy Nolch recently did an interview with a guy called John Watson. I won't link to it here but it's on youtube.

John Watson is an Indie who was originally from England but now is in Denmark.

At about 3:30 of that interview Andy says: "I don't know much about Denmark. Is it basically like one giant city that's like a country?".:ohmy:

Later in the interview he says something like: "As a scientologist I know a lot of things.":roflmao:

Yeah, whatever. I hope one day he gets his head out of his arse.

11. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Could that be John Harry Watson, former OES of London Org by chance?

12. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Patron

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Why is he a "kook"?

Who are the non kooks amongst the Independent Scientologists?

[​IMG]
    Pierre Ethier?​

Michael Moore? Founder of Apis? who has never recovered from the thrill he felt when listening to Ron's Journal '67 ?

Rey Robles? FreeZone Opinion leader and Executive Director of the yearly FreeZone Convention in Las Vegas, and leader of the "Loyal Officers"?

Ralph Hilton? Creator of the powerful Pain and Sex Rundown that has yet to be released because not enough thetans are ready for it?

Max Hauri?, Commanding Officer of the world's largest Independent Scientology organization, and disciple of Captain Bill Robertson, a.k.a. Astar Paramegjian, Deputy Commanding Officer to Elron Elray, Commander of Sector 9 of this galaxy?

You Scientologists are so quick to throw each other under the bus.

14. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Probably not. John Harry was and maybe is a member here. Handle
    " Operating Lamda" IIRC

15. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Patron

Why is Lerma a kook ?

Somebody who publicly posts a serious claim on Facebook that a couple of anti-cult movement founders were murdered by secretly putting "some tasteless and odorless white asbestos powder" in their food without the slightest documentation to back it up is a *kook*. Screen shot attached.

kookclaim.jpg

16. CommunicatorIC

Let me see if I understand this correctly.

At about 16:30 of the linked video Andy Nolch says, "it will probably come out that he [i.e., James Randi] is a pedophile." All people -- well, all civilized people -- would agree that Andy Nolch's conduct in making that disgustingly defamatory statement was vile and reprehensible.

And your response... is to attack James Randi, the victim?

And attack him on the ground that in some ill-recalled, unlinked, indeed uncited article it was supposedly shown that Randi failed to pay the $1 million to someone who beat his challenge? (Excuse me while I roll on the floor laughing hysterically at how stupid this is. ... Ok, I'm fine now.)

Or attack Randi because he allegedly didn't give enough credit to other skeptics? Because that's the issue?

The answer to your question, "why on earth would Andy Nolch bring up Randi in the first place?" is obvious. James Randi is a person who does not believe in, and indeed attacks and debunks, Scientology "tech" and related concepts of woo. Per Scientology "tech," James Randi therefore is and must be a criminal. Using Scientology "tech," Andy Nolch therefore naturally comes to the that "it will probably come out that he [i.e., James Randi] is a pedophile."

Applying Scientology tech, Andy Nolch must attack James Randi. As, apparently, must you.

17. Mimsey Borogrove

Hum. Well, I didn't watch the videos so my bad I suppose. Why would I attack Randi? Because what I have read of the man, his creditability is suspect. I really don't care whether he likes or hates Scientology. If Andy is singling him out as an anti-scientologist, my question is still, why? Of all the "SPs" in the world that say vile things about Scientology, why pick on him? I agree, the attack by Andy calling him a pedophile is vile and likely baseless, but that wasn't my focus. I thought that was a ridiculous and demeaning statement by Andy and perhaps I should have mentioned that. My bad.

What was important to me was that as a professional debunker, Randi's track record was tarnished. I think those self appointed debunkers are a phenomenon of our media age, though they have existed since the first cave man said: "Ogg? I was thinking - if we were to plant those seeds and tend them, we might not have walk so damn far to get something to eat." and Ogg, shaking his head, responded with: "Grok, you are an idiot. Everybody knows the seeds are a useless. When have you ever seen them grow anything? Just spit them out and get on with life." I didn't see Randi as a victim other than what he has done to himself by his lack of professionalism and doing due diligence.

So if my posts were off base and a derailment, please take this opportunity to ignore them with my blessing.

Mimsey

18. CommunicatorIC

You are never going to be that fortunate.

19. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Goldenrod SP

No. This John Watson was from Sunderland Org. His brother Dave was PES of Sunderland and is now also an Indie.

20. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Russel Targ...hmmmm...Targ...where have I heard that before?

http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/17/rare-tape-reveals-how-l-ron-hubbard-really-came-up-with-scientologys-space-cooties/

Helped by a Kansas millionaire who bailed him out financially, and after settling with Sara, Hubbard then began to rebuild his life in Phoenix in April 1952. It was there that he moved only four weeks after marrying his third wife, Mary Sue Whipp, and where he developed the successor to Dianetics, something he called “Scientology.” No longer satisfied only with remembering what had happened in the womb, Hubbard now explored the idea of previous existences — Scientology was about recalling past lives, and with the help of a device called an electropsychometer, or “E-meter.”

That April, he sat down with Mary Sue and an early model of E-meter to record the session you are about to hear. Although an E-meter is a crude electronic device that measures tiny fluctuations in electrical current in a subject’s skin, Hubbard uses it as a mystical device, treating the needle-dial’s movement to the right (“a drop”) as a confirmation of what he’s saying. And what is he saying? He begins the session by announcing that he has trapped an “entity,” and he and Mary Sue are going to question it. They watch the needle as Hubbard questions unseen spirits, much as a 19th Century medium might listen for tapping sounds during a séance, or a person might consult a Ouija board.

Over the next hour, they question the entity or entities about the origins of the universe and the nature of “Targs,” unseen harmful spirits that inhabit human bodies.

Longtime Scientology watchers will immediately recognize the significance of that. Some 15 years later, Hubbard would write the notorious story of “Incident Two” in “Operating Thetan Level Three,” the story of Xenu the galactic overlord (made famous in a 2005 episode of South Park) who, 75 million years ago, left behind countless disembodied spirits on Earth that today inhabit each of us by the hundreds or even thousands.

The top levels of Scientology, developed in the late 1960s, consist of a kind of Space Age exorcism. At hundreds of dollars an hour, a subject tries to remove these unseen entities — no longer referred to as “Targs,” but now called “body thetans.” For years, and hundreds of thousands of dollars, Scientologists remove body thetans, or “BT’s” from their person.

It is stunning to learn that Hubbard had the idea for these entities inhabiting a body in 1952, so early in the development of Scientology itself. (Jon Atack had told us this more than once in the series of items he wrote for this website, but it’s another thing to actually hear L. Ron Hubbard coming up with these ideas on tape.)​