Any news of Jean Jacques, ex Manchester Org?

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by solo, Oct 7, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. solo

solo Patron with Honors

Does anyone know the whereabouts or standing of Jean Jacques, who was LRH Comm at Manchester Org in the late 1970's? An old friend would like news of her.

2. He didn't change his religion and become an anti-Baptist by any chance?

The Anabaptist Jacques

3. solo

solo Patron with Honors

She, not he! Ex-wife of Harvey Jacques, as far as I know. Any ex-staff from Manchester have any info?

4. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Solo she joined CLOUK together with her Husband Harvey, that was in the early eighties, then I just don't remember, she just suddenly wasn't there and I had no one to ask. It was considered rude to ask.

5. solo

solo Patron with Honors

Thanks. What a strange world! I remember, you never could find out what had become of people, once they were considered to be out ethics, or disappeared, that was that...

Perhaps someone will turn up who saw her later. An old friend has asked me for news of her.

Solo

6. still here

still here Patron with Honors

Hi Solo

This is my first post - and I see your message was a really long time ago - but Jean is alive and well and remarried a long, long time ago (so that is not her name). If your old friend is still looking do let me know who is trying to find her and I will see what I can do.

7. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Still here, good news. I worried about her, so I'm glad she's fine. Bet she'd have some good stories.

By the way welcome!

8. solo

solo Patron with Honors

Brilliant, thanks, will send you a pm.

Solo

9. still here

Thank you Solo, I just realised I had to put in another post before I can access PMs.
    Still - I hope to find some old friends too - I was in the SO at St Hill (FOLO UK) from 1976 until 1983 and have not thought much about Scientology since then - I have however loved looking at the forum - the SO does seem to have deteriorated since my day, and it wasn't great then!
    La La Lou Lou probably knows me too!
    Anyway nice to say hello...

10. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Still here, life is full of magnificent surprises.

You may well want to keep your identity secret.

But that doesn't stop you from telling us some wonderful stories. You must have been one of the longest serving FLUK staff.

Go on, I'll put the kettle on and grab a sandwich, won't be long....

11. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

OK that was a good lemon curd and marmite sandwich, now I'm getting interested what did happen with Jean, she was around in the ops room then suddenly not there at all. Harvey didn't seem to be phased at all, he was his usual soft understated loveable self. So many people just came and went, there were missions, garrison missions, swapsies and best of all blows. The disappeared. Some people were even driven away and dumped on hospitals who knows maybe there were extra burials at saint Mary's.

12. still here

Jean was a real survivor and after carefully plotting her escape from the "gentle" Harvey (who was on the RPF at the time) and the SO....and building on her success as an SO officer and Missionnaire....she went on to be very successful as a London Government Executive. (who would have thought?)
    Anyway - as to stories....it all started with my EPF- which went well....I made friends with the beautiful and vicious dwarf black goat...who happily once escaped - and butted a new Flag missionnaire into the rhodedenrons on his way to lunch at the stables.......More soon maybe....:wink2:

13. solo

solo Patron with Honors

Wow, thanks, that's a surprise!

Hope to hear more of your story!

Solo

14. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I remember that goat, it was evil, looking into it's eyes was the weirdest thing ever. I did appreciate the head butting the missionaire that had me laughing out loud. Do you think it was one of DM's parents?

15. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Hah! Welcome to ESMB, Jean. It can be a riot here sometimes. I hope you enjoy it.

Paul

16. still here

Thank you Paul - I have read several of your posts and I really enjoyed them!
    We are like minded I think.
    Maybe this is a bit odd and I don't want to sound in any way like I know it all...but I must admit - I initially got into Scn when I met a nice male friend...no found my "ruin" and I was quite confident and educated...I did immediately join the SO as at that time my marriage had broken down and it seemed like a place to go- however I have to say that every single OT I met at my local org and then SH never impressed me as having any better grip on his life or ability to handle things - in fact once on post I was usually better than them.. so I was never that interested in the old red and white and got little auditing (not unusual for SO of course) but it never bothered me - I saw any good that came from it (I did have to have sec checks of course) was what would come from any good therapeutic relationship, i.e. someone was there to listen!
    Some of the OTs were definitely not succeeding or enjoying life!! and I like to base my opinions on facts and observation.
    I did start to develop my management abilities and enhanced them once out - I have been successful with those skills ever since!
    You have made me laugh though - so do please keep it up!