Are Scientologists being psychologically manipulated by their Church?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by RolandRB, Apr 11, 2012.

View Users: View Users
  1. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

2. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Nah, not a chance. :coolwink:

3. Stat

Stat Gold Meritorious Patron

I dunno, is 8-C with ARC and KRC counts?
    Add O/W write-ups, KR parties, E-Metered Ethics
    Checks, Confessions and Sec Checks, mandatory
    Success Stories, list goes on and on.
    All with a promise of Clear and OT states.
    Is that a trick question?!

4. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

QUESTION: Are Scientologists being psychologically manipulated by their Church?

ANSWER: My senior said to come here and say no. Then I am to report back with any wins if I was successfully able to enturbulate any of the people here.

5. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

I want to say, well duh. I'd like to know why you're asking though?

6. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

7. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

Is a bear Catholic?

8. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Point?

:confused2:

Even if they are being manipulated a tiny bit, its good for them ... they get to attend lot's of lovely events and study all that amazing philosophy wot tubs [STRIKE]stole[/STRIKE] wrote and they do it all while SAVING THE PLANET for us all.

So ...

:party::party::party:

9. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

So, in other words, we here at ESMB are in Phase II and we get to party while our juniors save the planet?

Cool deal!

10. TheRealNoUser

TheRealNoUser Patron with Honors

Q. Are Scientologists being psychologically manipulated by their Church?

A. No. They're being scientologically manipulated. It's even worse.

11. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Obviously they are, Roland, as you know and we know, and even the outside the CofS Scientologists, and Marty Rathbun, will say, so what's the point in asking?

Are you bored?

Oh, and Roland, Scientology is not really a "Church."

Are you trying to psychologically manipulate us - just for fun? :eyeroll:

12. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

13. RolandRB

RolandRB Rest in Peace

I was just wondering why the City of London Corporation decided they were "for the public good" and give them 270K GBP per year of the general UK public's money.

14. KissMyStats

KissMyStats Patron with Honors

Wow, that really did enturbulate me. I think I'll go write my OW's so I can destimulate from your comment.

15. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Mostly Roland just trolls here. Sometimes he engages in rational discussion. He also does very valuable real-world work in documenting Scn scams (like getting inappropriate discounts and rate relief) and presenting the info to relevant authorities.

Paul

16. Rene Descartes

Rene Descartes Gold Meritorious Patron

That's Trollo Novis to you buster.

Rd00

17. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

18. FlagEmDown

FlagEmDown Patron

TrollandRB is the best troll evah!
    He makes you laugh, makes you think, and is a constant thorn in the side :stickpoke: to scientology.

19. Man de la Mancha

Man de la Mancha Patron with Honors

Scientology’s manipulations often involve secrecy and detachment. The nature of the upper levels is hidden from Scientology staff and public so that by the time he’s reached OT3 he is either unable to think for himself or dependent on Scientology relationships for his very livelihood or social network.

Critical facts and opinions are also hidden. In the old days, it was easy: take away their TVs and families, and give them a new set of friends. The internet, with anonymous at the fore, has changed this dramatically. Countless critics are just one click away from anyone without Scientology’s anti-wog software. As the words of Scientology’s critics become more public, the manipulations are less effective.

New customers are very hard to come by, and existing customers are more difficult to keep. The old way doesn’t work anymore. To survive, Scientology must do a complete makeover, starting with the RPF, disconnection, forced abortions, child neglect, and, dare I say it, a “new and improved” approach to OT3 and beyond. In light of KSW and the need for credibility, that will be challenging.

20. Adam7986

Adam7986 Declared SP

Haha okay I still have much to learn I see.