Are there references in Scientology that condone keeping or writing in a journal?

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by renegade, Sep 14, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

That's interesting. I did not know that the FPRD Lists were confidential. I could have sworn I've seen them in the Auditing Rundowns tech vol that were being sold to the public.

Could it be that this person had already completed that FPRD list in session previously, so it was okay to use for an ethics cycle? Normally in the org, they would be routed to Qual for a Correction List if something was wrong with any past auditing.

2. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Haven't you done any OT levels? Any auditing run on an OT is considered confidential to the cult of Scientology and they have to carry that stuff around in a locked briefcase and sign in and out for it every time, even though the OT stuff is published all over the Internet now for free. Are you saying the MAA was telling an OT7 to run FPRD lists in a non-OT style to see what comes up? This is getting weirder and weirder. I think you have some things a little mixed up about who does what in Scientology.

MAAs don't use FPRD. Auditors use FPRD. FPRD is considered auditing. Sec checks are not auditing, so not run OT style, so they are not confidential. MAAs or Ethics Officers rarely ever do sec checks themselves anymore, either, because they are metered, so an auditor is assigned to do them and it's been that way since at least the late 70s with very few exceptions. Exceptions are usually for Sea Org members, not public.

Anyway, don't worry about it, it's not important. I'm sure something was misunderstood along the way when the story was relayed. No big deal. (I don't know why I got into this anyway. :goodnight:

3. Gib

Gib Crusader

me too, I don't know why I got into this since the the whole thing is utter bullshit.

4. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Squirreling Dervish

As a former public I would say that very few public would have cared whether it was condoned or not thinking "what is this, Nazi Germany"?
    Staff would most likely have been cowed into doing or not doing whatever came down lines to them.
    That's the way it was set up.
    Someone up lines might have been paranoid as to what things you were documenting that could get them hung if it ever came to the light of day later on so they would have tried to outlaw writing a journal as bizarre as that sounds.

5. Leland

Leland Crusader

Interesting info about keeping a Journal ....!

First I've heard of it. But, I never did LOC.

I believe Hubbard did keep Journals at some points in his life...as I recall them being mentioned at some Event as to Hubbard's personal effects....and pictures of them being shown.

I do not recall reading any other references to keeping a journal in Cult Materials...

6. Ralph Hilton

Ralph Hilton Patron Meritorious

I have heard of 5 different versions of OT8 being delivered at Flag. All were solo actions. If OT8 is now an audited action then we have 6 versions.

Scientologists on Solo auditing keep a record in their Solo PC folder which could be considered a journal.

The FPRD is not confidential. Issues on it are in the tech volumes. The issues on particular modifications for OTs are confidential.

7. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

That was completely squirrel. The correct, standard action would be to tell the OTVIII he is not Clear, then deliver an FPRD on him ON THE SHIP, AT HIS OWN EXPENSE for being an out-ethics piece of shit. Restimulation of case outside of session, without handling the resulting restim, by reading prepared lists to yourself is not standard tech. The unrelieved restimulation of case is to be done IN SESSION, pre-paid for by the pre-OT. To do anything else would be OUT-EXCHANGE.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List