What's new

Ask Kate your questions here...

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Yeah, Smilla was feisty, spoke her mind, and had a delightfully insightful sharp sense of humor. I miss her. I'm not sure who you're alluding to with opinion leaders and flocks here, you lost me there. Are these positions freely available or are they determined by lot? LOL. I've seen all hell break out here before, that's for sure.

Yes but you know it's best to leave out names and just let sleeping dogs lie as people change. But speaking of that just remember that Kate is now as were were like 5 minutes ago in earth's time. 30 years ago I just felt I had to show my support for the organization whenever anyone was being an "SP" and again, you know that drill as well as I do - most unpleasant to have been part of. But I noticed one thing back in those days, some of those leaving the cult were better people than the ones who were staying in. I saw that and it made me wonder why. Then I started really looking into what was happening and though I still gave lip service support to the cult, I was soon on my way out too. So maybe we should frame our perspective toward Kate as such, she's just like we were when we first started really looking at things even though by her words sometimes you'd not know that. But then again, same as we were.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Yes but you know it's best to leave out names and just let sleeping dogs lie as people change. But speaking of that just remember that Kate is now as were were like 5 minutes ago in earth's time. 30 years ago I just felt I had to show my support for the organization whenever anyone was being an "SP" and again, you know that drill as well as I do - most unpleasant to have been part of. But I noticed one thing back in those days, some of those leaving the cult were better people than the ones who were staying in. I saw that and it made me wonder why. Then I started really looking into what was happening and though I still gave lip service support to the cult, I was soon on my way out too. So maybe we should frame our perspective toward Kate as such, she's just like we were when we first started really looking at things even though by her words sometimes you'd not know that. But then again, same as we were.

Have you read the OP? She asked for this thread to be made so whether me (or anyone else) has made difference explaining the cult is cult isn't unrealistic. Seeds of doubt.

kate8024

-deleted-
Have you read the OP? She asked for this thread to be made so whether me (or anyone else) has made difference explaining the cult is cult isn't unrealistic. Seeds of doubt.

I'm confused at why you feel the need to sow seeds of doubt in someone who already believes many aspects of Scientology to be flawed and potentially harmful and has been reading ESMB for a couple year now and has read a number of books that are highly critical of Scientology. What sort of doubt are you trying to sow? Doubt in the 'tech' that I largely dismiss? Doubt in LRH who I think was mostly a bad person? Doubt in the organization that I don't trust?

I asked for this thread to be made because people were derailing other threads to ask me questions unrelated to the topic. It was an attempt at keeping the other threads on the board on-topic.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

Yes but I just can't pile on or I won't like myself, simple as that. Plus she is likable if you really take an honest look. That's my opinion and I have to stand by that. Anyway off to bed I go!

Free Being Me

Crusader
I'm confused at why you feel the need to sow seeds of doubt in someone who already believes many aspects of Scientology to be flawed and potentially harmful and has been reading ESMB for a couple year now and has read a number of books that are highly critical of Scientology. What sort of doubt are you trying to sow? Doubt in the 'tech' that I largely dismiss? Doubt in LRH who I think was mostly a bad person? Doubt in the organization that I don't trust?

I asked for this thread to be made because people were derailing other threads to ask me questions unrelated to the topic. It was an attempt at keeping the other threads on the board on-topic.

Yes that's right, you asked that this thread be made. :duh: Your below quote in conjunction with seeds of doubt will answer itself. Self cultist indoctrination.

Absolutely! This is a fairly broad question but I'll try to answer it the best that I can.

My actual views on metaphysics go (IMHO) quite a bit beyond Scientology and I personally view time and all experiences as highly episodic and much of my philosophy regarding this has strong ties to Schema Theory with a good smattering of crazy hypothesis based on personal mystical experiences. Having said that, within this 'type' of what I call a 'scenario' there is an apparency of the following items based on mystical experiences and logical extrapolation from those experiences:

* In general, to me Scientology is a mystical religious framework. Dianetics, "clear", "ot", etc. are to me more or less meaningless or useless concepts.
* something resembling cartesian dualism, though I view it in a bit more of a Platonic light with multiple levels of existence once you get completely beyond the physical reality
* reincarnation
* existence as a true static, but with temporal emanations into this (and other) universe(s)
* completely bizarre other universes
* the general concept of the 'full track'
* creation by postulate
* pre-each-life postulates that guide certain aspects of that life (ie similar to between-lives implants though less sinister in tone)
* that its possible to remember things from other lives
* the overall ideas of the 8-dynamics, the ARC triangle, the overt-motivator sequence, start-change-stop, though I'm sure there are some minor differences in my views on these
* that _something_ genocide-like happened on the whole track which LRH interpreted as the Xenu myth but I don't believe his interpretation to be quite correct.
* I believe that doing the lists in Self Analysis can be immensely helpful even if just used to get better at this-life recall of events and nothing else
* I believe that doing the processes in COHB can be very useful
* I believe the clear cognition to be sort of like a Zen koan

I also maintain a purely psychological-physicalist perspective in which I view all of these thing to be functions of the subconscious and the imagination but either way of viewing it generally works well for me as I find the associated phenomena fascinating either way.

Hope that explains it a bit, if I didn't answer your question please let me know what I can clarify. :)

Free Being Me

Crusader
Yes but I just can't pile on or I won't like myself, simple as that. Plus she is likable if you really take an honest look. That's my opinion and I have to stand by that. Anyway off to bed I go!

Who'd piling? That's assumptive. There's only three people posting at the moment and you're leaving. Not much a rabid dog pile. I didn't realize I'm that dangerous .lol. Good night.

Last edited:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Kate, I can see that no matter what I say, it's not going to make a difference. Some day maybe you'll get it. Many folks have left for other threads and I believe it's time to join them.

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
motivator3593515nh2.jpg

:whistling: :pullhair: :sadwave: :carryon:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Re: Assert Your Certainties About Someone You've Never Met By Arguing ...

I probably should've called this thread, "Assert Your Certainties About Someone You've Never Met By Arguing Endlessly About Your Interpretation Of What She Writes And Other Imaginary Stuff" but it wouldn't fit in the Title Bar. :biggrin:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Re: Assert Your Certainties About Someone You've Never Met By Arguing ...

I probably should've called this thread, "Assert Your Certainties About Someone You've Never Met By Arguing Endlessly About Your Interpretation Of What She Writes And Other Imaginary Stuff" but it wouldn't fit in the Title Bar. :biggrin:

Here comes your pathologizing pidgin hole sarcasm as expected. Disagreeing about $cientology is okay, Panda. It really is. No BT's were harmed during the posting on this thread.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Lol, I'm all for disagreeing about and criticising scientology, it's just that I'm often astounded at your ability and willingness to waste pixels on a lost cause.
:deadhorse:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Sure, it's your time but the thread is constantly being kept on the Front Page by this fruitless discussion.
As I've said, these arguments sometimes do give rise to interesting discussion but the back and forth here... not so much, IMO.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Sure, it's your time but the thread is constantly being kept on the Front Page by this fruitless discussion.
As I've said, these arguments sometimes do give rise to interesting discussion but the back and forth here... not so much, IMO.

That very well may be however talking (posting) is the mode of conversation. If you're suggesting not posting is the preferable method let's put $cientology Sucks on the board header and close shop. LOL. I'll vigilantly keep an eye out in the future for people having a two person convo on a thread and refer them to your quote. Like you and I are doing now. LOL.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
That very well may be however talking (posting) is the mode of conversation. If you're suggesting not posting is the preferable method let's put $cientology Sucks on the board header and close shop. LOL. I'll vigilantly keep an eye out in the future for people having a two person convo on a thread and refer them to your quote. Like you and I are doing now. LOL.
I'm suggesting no such thing. Perhaps you misunderstood my post above?

Asking a question, getting an answer, acknowledging the answer and discussing it is a good thing, IMO.

Asking a question, getting an answer, trying to get the person to change their mind about it and change their answer to something you'd prefer to hear is a waste of time, IMO.

On the other hand, some people just like to argue/debate/disagree. That's OK, I'm disagreeing right now. :)

Free Being Me

Crusader
I'm suggesting no such thing. Perhaps you misunderstood my post above?

Asking a question, getting an answer, acknowledging the answer and discussing it is a good thing, IMO.

Asking a question, getting an answer, trying to get the person to change their mind about it and change their answer to something you'd prefer to hear is a waste of time, IMO.

On the other hand, some people just like to argue/debate/disagree. That's OK, I'm disagreeing right now. :)

ha ha ha! It had nothing to with an answer I wanted to hear and if you believe that's what I was about then I'm charging billable hours for my time. lol. I was trying to get across something fundamental about compassion and empathy regarding the cult from a few different angles which didn't even register. I gave it my best shot and that's that. Should you want to keep the thread going even longer I need to put on a pot of coffee. lol. Seriously though, I'm tired and it's late. Good night.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
<snip>She is self taught in Cobol programming which is ten times harder than anything I've had to learn when I was doing GIS with the COGO geometry when in aerial mapping and property research for the government.

Bwaahahaha! Cobol was the easiest piece of cake I've ever encountered in IT school. Really, man, Cobol? Even Basic is harder to learn. :yes: