Basel Protest on 4/25/2015

Discussion in 'Europe Pickets and Protests' started by mawena, Apr 24, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. mawena

mawena Patron with Honors

2. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

How exciting! Bravo to Thomas Erlemann for speaking up and organizing a protest!!! :thumbsup:

Here is a weak Google Translation to help get the gist of what's going on

For the readers, info on Basel
    http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/basel/story/Mit-Vuvuzelas-und-Glocken-gegen-Scientology-18364140

3. eldritch cuckoo

eldritch cuckoo brainslugged reptilian

I love the respectlessness of the German spoken media. "It's a creepy cult, point. It's okay to be blunt about it and tell things how they are. We really don't have to beat around the bush with the truth." Below some of the image captions, which aren't inlcuded in above translation but are juicy. This is a clumsy but accurate translation because I love their banal sarcasm.

If the Evangelical Church (that is the moderate, reformed church here) would behave like Scientology, or when there is a scandal about the Catholic Church, they would report as factually and bluntly. An evil behaving organization deserves the bluntly told truth, point, whether the incident was more of a "slip", or represents a habit. It's the shere contrast that makes me shake my head here - in that few sentences they got so many mean details right, while American media achieve just that in a few in the many articles about the cult. Mostly they simply censor themselves by omitting that kind of (perfectly descriptive and factual) remarks, or will by all means avoid using terms like "fork over" for ridiculous donations. It's all for appeasing the religious public, while very, very carefully giving account of the big picture, "because we must; so, so sorry; it's unavoidable, really, it's a story and we have to do our duty and inform you; again, so sorry". All the while they're slavishly using the ridiculous official name of the organization and "church" always (it would be okay as journalistic "duty" once per article), no matter how devastating the truth about which our "heroes" are giving account - finally. We feel like spontaneously congratulating them for their heroic achievement in exerting free speech, and so do I, but really that contrast makes the USA look incredibly weak. In some ways, the USA are so pathetic and degenerated. Appeasing religious people is like appeasing a hungry lion by throwing a steak at it. It'll just come for more and more. It's actually the reason it comes for more and more. It won't be satisfied with one steak, and not with five, - it wants all you can give. It wants you. Under such conditions, where public objection and opposition is tendencially suppressed because of (meticulously) programmed "respect" for either unworldly or callous pipe dreams, the moderate and peaceful feel safe to utter daft and nasty stuff every now and then, and the already radical and estranged feel encouraged to follow their ever more bold and brutal whims. We slowly understand that here about Islam, or at least I hope we will. I don't see the USA understanding that about their many, many Christian fanatics (and equally about their Islamists).

4. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

6,000 awesome human beings, armed with cow-bells and Vuvuzelas, against 1,500 cultists? Yeah, sounds reasonable. :biggrin:

To mr. Erlemann: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
    I'd buy you a beer, man! :cheers:

5. AnonyMary

Excellent story at the bunker about this, about Erlemann and about an ex-scientologist who Jonny Jacobsen interviews, named Hania Mrkos - brave ex who has been speaking up to the media~

Email notice from the Bunker
    Tony Ortega
    Today at 9:06 AM
    To Tony Ortega
    bcc: XXXXX

Subject: Scientology opens a new ‘Ideal Org’ in Basel this weekend — nearly a year after its last one
    Jonny writes:
    Kudos and much thanks to Hania Mrkos! :thumbsup:

6. eldritch cuckoo

eldritch cuckoo brainslugged reptilian

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  7. Daisy

Daisy Patron with Honors

I don't think he will show. He is a coward.

Be safe there in Basel.

8. AnonyMary

You mean Miscavige, right? :ohmy:
    ( Just wanted to clarify that you didn't mean Wilfried Handl, who is a terrific critic :biggrin: )

9. xenusdad

xenusdad Patron with Honors

10. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

I tried to zoom in but only got enough clarity on DM for him to do a few levels of Atari Jumpman.

So, I googlesearched the image but only got the stage set of the 2016 ideal org opening . . .

Is it prescient that DM is not there ?? hmmm you decide . . .

[​IMG]

11. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Just a comment on this photo. It appears as if Scientology is trying to re-work it's Nuremberg Rally image into something softer and less threatening. This image looks as if it could have come out of a Ken and Barbie playset for children, with its thin, curved lines, almost delicate...as opposed to the uber-masculine columns filled with the usual endless, nauseating Scientology symbology.

12. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Interesting. Basel is right up in the corner of Switzerland - in spitting distance of both France and Germany.

13. xenusdad

xenusdad Patron with Honors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"What begins today will only be accomplished in alignment with the LRH maxim "There is no such thing as failure." - David Miscavige

He mentioned Alexander the Great, and King Arthur, but not William Tell?

14. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

David Miscavige: "There is no such thing as failure."

Well, David, we beg to differ.

Let's see - where shall we begin....

LRH - Total Failure - He created Scientology. A suppressive organization that harms people in the name of "help". LRH was a criminal and was wanted by the law. His entire life was a spun LIE $old to get $cientologist's IN. His multiple (hidden from Scientologist's) families were shattered and destroyed. His last wife spent years in prison and he threw her to the curb for "being a crim".

He spent the last 15 years of his life hiding from the law, paranoid and suicidal. He dwindled down the spiral of crazy and his autopsy reported Vistaril in his body. He started a religion for money. The money is stolen and extorted out of members using deceit and fraud. Scientology "religion" hides behind the Religious Cloak while committing crimes daily! It is a Suppressive Organization by LRH's own definition!

His "religion" is a sham.

Scientology - Being Nothing and Total Failure Scientology does absolutely nothing for society. NOTHING. Well, except for shattering families, causing early deaths and suicides, creating insanity and bankrupting / financially ruining its own members.

Yes, David Miscavige - there is such a thing as FAILURE and YOU ARE IT~! You could not run a popcorn stand honestly so once the money is gone ( and you will burn through it quickly) - you are done!

15. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Love it. Pete Griffiths has Miscavige in his sights and none of the "OTs" even know he's there.

So much for OT abilities.:moon:

16. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Never know when a billion in taxes might be reclaimed by IRS. Gotta look not too wealthy.

17. koki

koki Silver Meritorious Patron

this will be easy to Photoshop!!! there are 70 members there, and if someone add another 50 !!!! WHOOOP!!! UPSTAT!
    this is becoming to easy..... even DM is without Cravat (Croat)... ((Tie))

18. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

19. Leland

Leland Crusader

I read the headline of your post....and had a smile on my face....scrolling down...and expecting to see HellofaHoax in the pic.....?????

I'm afraid you'll have to dumb it down for me.....who is that guy on stage...with DM?? Or is he really a Cult of Hubbard photographer?

Edited: Oh...did a bit of "where's waldo" ....and found him.....!! LOL

My bad. So funny...

20. Teanntás

Teanntás Silver Meritorious Patron