Blast from the past! Pic

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by Polly, Sep 25, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Polly

Polly Patron with Honors

2. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

This is what I have come up with so far: (yes I am in the picture. Holy crap! In the white shirt sitting down, left side)

Natalie Nunalee (top center)

Nathan Spencer - 2 over from Natalie
    Don't remember any others top row.

Second row from left to right:

Heather Lenarcic

dont know

Eleanor Koken/Kip

Chantale Nunalee

(dont know)

Justine Lipton

dont know

Trish Conely

Dawn Horton

David OMalley

dont know

Third row from top:

dont know

me

Axel Johannson

Kim Fries?

Quentin ?

dont know

William Killmartin

First row:

dont know

Suzy Reynolds

Alison Spencer

David Holguin

Luke ? (Kyras brother)

dont know.

------

I cannot for the life of me remember the building behind at all. It is not the ATA. It is not the Fountain Building, it is not the CEO and it is not any part of big blue either. That siding... I don't remember any building like that.

I would guess the photographer is Oliver Asato. 99% sure of that.

3. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I just figured out where that is. There is a white wall behind us, then the house. That is the backyard of the ATA. The house behind it is not Scn property....

4. Polly

Polly Patron with Honors

Yes I believe you are right that is Kim Fries it rings true to the heart anyway

5. Polly

Polly Patron with Honors

Top row brown and tan shirt that's my brother Rick Miller

6. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

It's really nice that you two have met up on the board. Do you know what became of most of your friends?

7. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

One of them in the pic I am still currently connected to. She came to my daughters third birthday party and lives out here in Dallas. Another one I am still in touch with but she lives in California so we havent really talked. She has a cute little girl now.

Everyone else is disconnected from me because of my evil SP ways.

I have other friends not in this picture that still talk to me. Some pretend to be in Scn and that is such a laugh for all of us.

Scn is blind.

8. Polly

Polly Patron with Honors

Well for me it has taken 28 years and in that time I have found a handful of of these friends. Some in, some out, some still on the fence.

Have kept in touch with some for the entire 28 years. Some of them not in this picture. All of them I have heart strings attached to. I would like to say to all of these children from then...

I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN YOU!!! I CARE!!! I MISS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOUR FACES!!! AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST..... WE DO EXIST!!!

9. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I might be able to help you find more of them. PM me if you like and I will try to tell you any info that I have. Bea

10. RodKeller

RodKeller New Member

Where was the ATA?

11. Polly

Polly Patron with Honors

Don't start me to lying... Lol I think it was on fountain

12. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

The ATA is on Fountain Ave in LA, California. It is near big blue building. Depending on when you were around: It's across the street from what used to be CMO PAC (in mid 80's), which was later Bridge publications (which I think it still is...). I think the cross street for the ATA is New Hampshire...

13. ClearEyed

ClearEyed Patron with Honors

The blonde on right end of the 2nd row from top, I assume is a teacher or minder of some sort. She reminds me of Ronnie Miscavige's first wife (whose name I have forgotten.) She was a nanny in CW before I left.

The Nunnalee girls were each about a foot shorter when I left. They were very spirited little girls. I hear their whole family is long out. I hope so. I knew the parents, who were some of the nicest people I met while in the SO.

I can't quite make out the date on this pic. 85-86?

14. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Its 85 I think. I am in the picture.

The teacher is Donna Garrett/Proffit. She was married to Jim Garrett.

I am pretty sure Oliver Asato took the picture.

15. ClearEyed

ClearEyed Patron with Honors

Ah, I didn't know here then. Thanks, Bea.

I'm glad you survived the SO childhood, and sorry you and the other kids had to go through the deprivation of normal family life. The former SO kids I know personally are now wonderful parents themselves.

16. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Thanks. Yes, I am working on it (that came out wrong... :unsure:)

I have 2 kids now. a 3 1/2 year old girl and a 9 month old boy.

Can't wait for some sleep.

Can anyone clue me in on when that may happen? :p

17. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

In about 26 or 27 years. :omg:

18. Polly

Polly Patron with Honors

Naptime w/mommy game works you choose how to get the children to participate... Works ok I should say until they catch on... Kids are smart you may only get a week of intermittent sleep, well worth it in the grand scheme (27or28years) oops(26or27)

19. exseaorgclocmoflagetc

exseaorgclocmoflagetc Patron with Honors

Polly, gosh that name sounds familiar. i was at PAC around that time and i used to help look for someones little sister all the time. One time I remember the litle girl, mabye 6 or 7? she had big blue eyes and long blonde hair; I found her hugging the cross on top of big blue saying she wanted to jump and I talked her down. I always wonder what happened to her. As kids we ran around wild quite a bit, surprised we all survived, happy we did

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  20. Polly

Polly Patron with Honors

Polly, gosh that name sounds familiar. i was at PAC around that time and i used to help look for someones little sister all the time. One time I remember the litle girl, mabye 6 or 7? she had big blue eyes and long blonde hair; I found her hugging the cross on top of big blue saying she wanted to jump and I talked her down. I always wonder what happened to her. As kids we ran around wild quite a bit, surprised we all survived, happy we did[/QUOTE]
    Oh wow that story sounds very familiar...I have some pictures of me from back then and at the Portland religious freedom crusade posted in here...I haven't really been active in here since I lost my mom a couple years ago ... interesting I stumbled in again...