Book release: "1984" by Geir Isene

Discussion in 'Books and Essays About Scientology' started by Isene, Sep 18, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

Link to blog post: http://isene.me/2013/09/16/book-1984/

There is media attention regarding my book release today. I added the most important media appearances on my blog:

• The most read Norwegian magazine (Se & Hør) featured Anette and me in a 4-page article today (17th). This was also their 35 year anniversary issue.
    • I was interviewed on the main Norwegian TV station, NRK (17th @ 19:30 CET), regarding Scientology. I told about abuses and insanity at the top, reaching some 1 million viewers.

Check the blog post for links to the media coverage.

If you are interested and want to practice your Norwegian, you can also follow the book release event via live streaming (link provided in the blog post).

[Hey, OSA - this is your excellent chance to cover this event without risking a fragile Scientologist's mental well being by exposure to upper level material. Just let an OT 8 that speaks Norwegian (hello Gro in Clearwater) view the event live in a top security room. I Promise not to track your IP address. Except.. if the technology fails us, you would wish you had sent a representative...]

2. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

3. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Best wishes, Geir!! Miscavige must be so peeved!!

4. Xenu's Boyfriend

Xenu's Boyfriend Silver Meritorious Patron

Geir, do you have plans to release this book in English?

5. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

My publisher is looking for a US publisher to partner up with. So, yes.

The interesting point about my book is that it is the only book revealing all the OT levels written by a person who has actually done them - so the Church cannot wave it off with arguments of "heresay" or "scraped up and rehashed rumors and urban myths from the Net", etc.

6. Techless

Techless Patron Meritorious

Best wishes for your greatest success with the new book, and everything else with you and yours!

TL

7. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

On today's book release event: The biggest gathering on the subject of Scientology ever in Norway. The Church can’t get 100 people come to an event here even when they threaten their parisoners. We made history today.

8. Gib

Gib Crusader

:thumbsup: to you and your wife and kids.

9. hpm1999

hpm1999 Patron with Honors

Best of luck and I look forward to purchasing the English version. Btw your interview on TO's blog was superb it did seem to me. Will you have a UK version or will libel laws prohibit such?

10. Opter

Opter Silver Meritorious Patron

YOU ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB.:yes::yes:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Opter

11. Well that's because you actually have something worthwhile to offer. Good for you Geir.

12. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

UK version? You want to make me do a new version where I speak with a UK accent? :unsure:

13. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

Added a post-event blog post:

http://isene.me/2013/09/19/from-the-book-release-event/

“Nittenåttifire” (1984) is the only book revealing the secret levels of Scientology written by a person who has actually done the levels. For the first time, The Church of Scientology cannot brush this off claiming it is only “heresay” or “rehashed urban myths scraped up from the fringes of the Internet”. No – this is the real deal. Told by a person who did it all.

The room was packed. I believe it was the largest gathering of people on the subject of Scientology ever in Norway. The Church can’t get 100 people to come for an event here even when they threaten their parisoners. We made history yesterday. “Magic Bjørn” did a headcount, and at one time there were 88 people in the room. With some people coming and going, it was around 100 attendees on the event – a good number for a book release.

Torgrim Eggen did an excellent job interviewing me. Smart questions. Funny. Deep. He covered many angles and the audience responded well. It was a fun hour where the attendees got an insight into the strange, the good, the bad and the hilarious of Scientology.

Thanks to all the people that came, to Torgrim, to my publisher (especially Bente and Pål Espen) and to those who shot these pictures (see blog post [link above] for the pictures).

14. hpm1999

hpm1999 Patron with Honors

You do mean "Correct and Proper" English? Then Yes!:happydance: