Booklet leak: ''How Big Was Old Saint Hill?' - Scientology re-writing history

Discussion in 'Leaks - Emails, Promo, Insider Info' started by Zhent, Dec 13, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

I originally posted the 1988 edition of 'How Big Was Old Saint Hill? - A Briefing For All Staff' over on WWP for the purposes of reference for discussions of 'old saint hill size'. As ESMB'rs would know its a convoluted topic with confusion and disagreement what 'old saint hill size' entails, lots of different stats, moving goalposts etc.

Anyway, the booklet was evidently originally issued around 1982 to org staffers to help them boom their orgs to old saint hill size. It contains loads of old stats, photos, stories etc from Old Saint Hill.

Now later on a WWP anon posted a xenu.net link which featured a photo in an earlier edition of 'How Big Was Old Saint Hill' compared to a much later photograph from another mag showing some people being erased. (http://www.xenu.net/archive/image_edit/)

Well it turns out that as well as the 1988 edition I posted I ALSO have the noted 1985 edition. And low and behold, the disappearing act! I can now conclusively indicate the erasures occurred during 1985 - 1988 (hmm I wonder what was happening then? :eyeroll:)

But I then discovered the re-writing of history goes further then just that one picture!
    I closely compared the two editions and found numerous edits, particularly in the pages of old captioned photos. Some photos disappear, some new ones appear, and some are altered! Most poignantly ALL the names in photos have disappeared!

Here are the two different back page pics that were originally posted on xenu.net:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now some high quality scans I have made to better show the editing, note my 1988 edition is in colour and of much better quality:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now you see it, now you don't!

Note in the shooped photo there a residual square around the removed area where it looks like they have duplicated the adjacent block. There is also a residual square lower down. Also what appears to be the edge of the car is TOTALLY wrong, if you look at the a larger picture (see links below) the proportions are all wrong and obvious shoop is obvious.
    There is also some object above the pre-shooped head that goes missing. (a rag or a rat?)

And just what the hell happened here?!?! :omg:

[​IMG]
    (note: image resized down, right click 'view image' for full)

And what about this wire sticking out of the wall? WHAT WAS ITS CRIME?!?! :angry:

[​IMG]

I originally didn't think too much about these booklets, but now I realise there is a lot of interesting history here. I strongly encourage ex's to check out the two different editions. There are LOTs of old names in the 1985 edition that are wiped in the 1988 edition. This is a prime example of The Church of Scientology re-writing history to suit its twisted desires.

Here are the downloads:

How Big Was Old Saint Hill? - 1985 Edition

[​IMG]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ohp9ih277d747a2

How Big Was Old Saint Hill? - 1988 Edition

[​IMG]
    http://www.mediafire.com/?qtvqv8hrk130pgo

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. Feral

Feral Rogue male

From memory;

Photo shooping is serious "alter-is" and shooping ESPEES out is "not-isness.

"Alterisness" is how on gets an "as-isness" to persist. "Not-isness" is an attempt to make an "is-ness" (which is the result of alter-ising an as-isness) less through the use of force. Not-isness brings about stupidity.

Are you stupid Dave?

3. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I love this stuff! Thankyou Zhent.

Can anyone put names to the missing faces? They are on the tip of my tongue...

And maybe that beard and glasses were "out PR" :giggle:

4. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

That last photo with the guy at the bottom right on the cans with the prominent nose and dark Indian looking complexion is Denny Gogerly, who returned to Melbourne HASI as Org Sec.

I don't recognize the lady who has him on the cans.

Rog

5. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Stalin couldn't have done better.

Trouble is that the only ones left in the pictures probably died before they could be declared. I wonder how many old timers are really still in good standing. I suppose they just get ignored when they retire, and are unable to get loans.

6. Ted

Ted Gold Meritorious Patron

I remember when the booklet first came out. I used it to figure fact from fiction regarding staff pay. All the stats are there: gross income, number of staff. The LRH policies on how to divvy up the money is cast in writing. What I came up with is that even during the heyday of St. Hill, staff were still paid like crap.

7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Great find Zhent! :thumbsup:

I'd love to see some journalists interview the CoS spokeshole about why these people were removed from the pictures.

8. SirRalliart

SirRalliart Patron with Honors

We used to do those staff pay calcs when we were figuring out how much GI it would take for average staff to live comfortably at SH size. The execs came up with an average pay of $250 a week before taxes. Are freaking kidding me? Hell, my rent is more than that! That's when the blinders started to open for me. Perhaps I was just "PTS to the middle class".

9. The man with the beard and the glasses is Antony Phillips. He is OUT, a live and in Denmark.

10. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Geez, all of you complainers. Didn't you every study Hubbard's "Admin Scale"? Goals and purposes and SENIOR to things like stats and FACTS.

The IDEALS as stated by Hubbard are TRUE no matter else exists. The CLAIMS asserted by Hubbard are VALID no matter what small inconveniences of the real world might otherwise indicate. The STATEMENTS of Scientology are always viewed as GOSPEL, regardless of any conflicting views, details or actualities. :clap:

Rewriting history fits right into that attitude. This also fits right in with Hubbard/Scientology's view that "reality" is anything we can get people to AGREE it to be. Despite "facts". Regardless of actual events in time and space that multiple people have observed and reported upon. What is ASSERTED NOW, regardless of any past "conflicting data", is accepted, agreed with and enthusiastically endorsed and supported by the mindless followers of Scientology. It seems that the card-carrying Scientologist learns how to selectively erase information and even one's own memories, to keep the illusion (delusion) intact. :omg: :yes: :nervous:

I developed a disgust for this approach to "truth" very early on in Scientology, first at events where it was obvious that stats and certain situations were being grossly exaggerated or made up. It also very much annoyed me that the entire attitude from Hubbard on down was that "there is no negative thing about Scientology". In all of my years I have NEVER seen any Scientology organization or representative EVER admit or acknowledge a "wrong doing", a "crime", a "mistake" or even an "error". At best they blame it on some renegade staff member or maverick group (for example, the GO). Of course that is ridiculous because any honest person with a fair degree of confront knows that he or she fucks up, both regarding intentions and behaviors.

It truly kills me that Scientologists can continue to walk down this road of deceit, manipulated histories, and contrived realities, and pretend that none of it exists! :duh:

I recall the dumbass publications such as "Ron the Musician". The assertions and claims were so FAR from any observations I had made. What I heard of Hubbard's musical "ability" was largely amateurish and BAD. I remember reading Hubbard talking in the "Art Series" about what "makes rock rock", and he acted as if he was there at the beginning of it all when "rhythm was invented". What a stupid, pompous doofus. I thought THAT when I contacted such ideas even when I was involved. I could never honestly accept or create any other view in myself. Yet I saw all of these other RonBots happily agreeing that Ron WAS the most amazing and brilliant musician and artist. I mean how stupid can stupid get? Ron's music and art? :puke2:

What makes THAT all the more ironic is that these "moving up the Bridge Scientologists" are supposed to be "increasing awareness and confront" as part of their involvement with Scientology. But the opposite actually occurs in many or most cases with any person who remains affiliated with the rotten official Scientology organization. :yes:

Personally, I couldn't remain too involved, because I could not happily coexist within a framework of such incredible hypocrisy and contradiction. :unsure: :nervous: :no:

That DM or Hubbard or whoever can simply "tell a new truth", and that the genuflecting true believers with 1) accept it fully, 2) ignore any contradictory past "truths", and 3) exhibit absurd enthusiasm on top of it, is truly mind-boggling to me. :duh:

But that IS Scientology. Where the stupid never sleeps! :ohmy:

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Isn't it Judy Tampion?

Paul

12. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

The guy with the big nose in the back row far right is Herbie Parkhouse, a well-known SH figure at the time. He had been a course instructor and Dissem Sec and Org Exec Sec at least, but I don't know his post when the photo was taken. He was DGF WW from 1968 or so until 1982 or whenever the GO got shredded.

Dunno who the woman in front of him is.

Paul

13. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank You very much Zhent, for putting this old booklet on here.

I shed a few tears looking at the pictures.Funny how they would even loose Mary Sue Hubbard's name from the photo. It was hard seeing my Dad as I remember him from when I was so young, and my Aunt and also someone called Betty, whom I was not related to but used to call Auntie Betty, Herbie Parkhouse, Jane Kember, Anton James and many others I recognized the faces of but not the names.Even Mrs. Thrupp. Astonishing.According to my Dad, she was the best Secretary ever, but she refused to become a Scientologist.Sensible lady

Interesting that these people just become "hats" in the later version, reduced to mere job descriptions. Is that black hats or white hats?Interesting also that some people disappear altogether and yet others appear as if by magic.

Nothing quite like altering history to suit one's purpose.

14. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

This just came back on your query. . .

15. Petey C

Petey C Silver Meritorious Patron

Wow, Zhent, good work -- very interesting. I remember back in the day we used to think life at SH or Flag would be heavenly as people actually got paid. Out there in the outer orgs and far flung continents we had the view that the "ideal scene" existed over there and only our particular org or continent was an aberration. In fact, they were all aberrations.

16. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Yes. I thought it was Herbie. Pretty sure that is Judy Tampion as well. And Denny Gogerly - of course!

17. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Yes you're probably right . . . this is the girl who became the 2nd Judy Tampion . . . . Ian ended with the 1st Judy whom I knew well, and took up with a new Judy. I had met her years ago, but didn't recognize her from a side view.

Judy No2 last heard, about 6 months ago was a senior tech terminal in Perth, rather sent on mission to get the show on the road. I'll have to dig up some old data and get her original single name.

Rog

18. TheRealNoUser

TheRealNoUser Patron with Honors

I know that we've all become used to it, but looking at those booklets really brings it home that Scientology always has been ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. All their "stats" in the booklet are simply obscene gloating about how much money that they managed to con out of people that week. And every single word that Hubbard wrote was designed to do what exactly? .... that's right - make more money.

So for all these Scientology reformers out there, on Marty's blog etc, you need to get REAL. There is nothing to reform. Reformation requires that something was formed correctly at some point in the past. Scientology does not even qualify. It was an obscene money-making scam right from the start.... and that includes Dianetics.

So thank you Zhent for this important historical reminder of the truth about Scientology from their own documents.

19. greebly

greebly Patron with Honors

Thankyou Sharone I thought of you when I saw the picture of Zandra.

Which one is the picture of your Father?

:bighug:

20. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

THAT is a great point! :thumbsup:

What any sensible person would need to do is reconstruct Scientology, removing and editing all of the tremendous amount of crazed nonsense. But, as I have said before, if THAT were done, it would probably no longer even be recognizable as "Scientology". :confused2: