Brainwashing (Long)

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Ogsonofgroo, Apr 24, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

On behalf of Consensus over at WWP I'd like to bump/present this (imho) excellent thread here for your reading entertainment.
    Yes, I know this subject has been thrashed many times over, and surely could use someone with mad skillz to amalgamate them all into a coherent entitiy, but until then I think bringing up some of the necro'd threads cannot hurt.
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-scientology-discussion/brainwashing-long-14420/

Apologies to admins & Emma if this has already been done, I'll...just...go...suck a egg r' something...... :whistling:

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

A worthy tome and a good explanation on why SO's and Regges seem to be telling the truth and are convinced themselves that they are telling the truth.

3. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

An important point from the link:
    For a long time, I've been saying that Scn very deliberately keeps staff pay at absurdly low levels, because if staff were paid at even minimum wage, they would be more likely to see public as customers.

The attitude towards public that I encountered while in the Sea Org was generally hostile. Public were viewed as inherently out-ethics, because if their ethics were in, they would have joined the Sea Org. This may have been part of the rationale for all the OT 7 sec checking -- "What is your out-ethics scene that prevents you from joining SO?!?". (The major part of the rationale were, first, to get more money and secondly to keep the OT 7's cowed and fearful).