What's new

Buddha

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Be willing to experience anything?

Cause only those things that others can experience?

No 1 above, certainly. However No. 2 becomes part of No1. What if one is inclined to an action but holds off because of No. 2. But that action would have been a useful spiritual experience for someone, and the inclination was part of that. (This along communication lines, not damaging another's body or possessions. How is one to know, except by that experience?

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
For me "thetan" is not something out there that a person should identify oneself with. That would be a gross clinging to, and an insidious trap.

Because one is identifying oneself with some abstract notion. One is clinging to an abstract idea. One's thinking is modified by that idea and is trapped into looking through that idea.

Now, I have no idea of the two realities that you are talking about. I cannot presume to know your intimate experience with "thetan." So, I cannot comment on it.

Is this an "assumption" of yours? That a thetan should not identify itself with anything.

What happened to LRH's great and almighty defenition of the great and almighty OT?

According to some of the promo I have read by LRH an OT should be able to identify or not identify.

These traps you talk about, are they similar to the traps in History of Man, like the one that grinds a thetan into coffee or somesuch?

Or was that the one that turns a thetan into scrambled eggs?

Rd00

Vinaire

Sponsor
Is this an "assumption" of yours? That a thetan should not identify itself with anything.

What happened to LRH's great and almighty defenition of the great and almighty OT?

According to some of the promo I have read by LRH an OT should be able to identify or not identify.

These traps you talk about, are they similar to the traps in History of Man, like the one that grinds a thetan into coffee or somesuch?

Or was that the one that turns a thetan into scrambled eggs?

Rd00

Take your pick. Just don't cling to it.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Snip

Rd00

Oh....I hope I get ground into a Venti Mint Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino® blended creme with Chocolate Whipped Cream :yes:

Vinaire

Sponsor
"... if a person is satisfied with lesser teachings than those I present here, if he or she is still caught up in the idea of a self, a person, a living being, or a universal self, then that person would not be able to listen to, receive, recite, or explain this Sutra to others."

And so it is.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
"... if a person is satisfied with lesser teachings than those I present here, if he or she is still caught up in the idea of a self, a person, a living being, or a universal self, then that person would not be able to listen to, receive, recite, or explain this Sutra to others."

And so it is.

Cats are incapable of self-examination.