What's new

Caitlyn Jenner tries to help Kate Bornstein see her Scientology disconnected daughter

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mike Rinder and Caitlyn Jenner try to help Kate Bornstein see her Scientology disconnected daughter.

Tony Ortega has the story. I'll excerpt it only briefly below.

Tony Ortega: What you didn’t see on ‘I Am Cait’: Kate Bornstein and Caitlyn Jenner at Scientology HQ

http://tonyortega.org/2016/05/26/wh...rnstein-and-caitlyn-jenner-at-scientology-hq/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

But then, away from the cameras, Jenner brought the subject up with her.

“Caitlyn asked me later, what’s up with your daughter? Have you gotten back to see her? No, I told her. I’d sent her a letter, birthday cards. I’d done an Internet search and found that she was living in Tarpon Springs, Florida. But then she had transferred to Los Angeles with a Sea Org command team. I learned that from [former Scientology spokesman] Mike Rinder,” Kate says.

“Caitlyn said, wait she’s in Los Angeles? I showed Cait the picture I have of her. She said ‘Let’s go see her!’ That’s how she is,” Bornstein says with a laugh. “I’ll go with you, she said. You will? I asked. Yeah! she said. That’s how it came up. Caitlyn is a champion. That role for her is comfortable and she knows how to walk that walk. She will champion people’s rights. And she will fight injustice. And so she agreed to come with me to Scientology.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

“Mike Rinder had pulled a few strings and found where Jessica was stationed and what her office was,” Kate says.

“Caitlyn had no idea how doomed to failure our little jaunt was, but it made me feel good to try. And it made me happy when Mike said that Jessica knows now that someone wants to see her.”

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Re: Caitlyn Jenner tries to help Kate Bornstein see her Scientology disconnected daug

From Rod Keller.

https://twitter.com/RodKeller8008/status/735804729163419648

attachment.php

Attachments

• KateBornsteinStopScientologyDisconnection.jpg
    KateBornsteinStopScientologyDisconnection.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 436

CommunicatorIC

Re: Caitlyn Jenner tries to help Kate Bornstein see her Scientology disconnected daug

Radar Online now has the story.

Caitlyn Jenner’s Secret Visit To Scientology Headquarters EXPOSED!

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/caitlyn-jenner-scientology-scandal-exposed/

“Kate was just sort of surprised that after the subject of Scientology came up and she told everybody about her daughter, Caitlyn followed up with her and says, ‘Hey, what’s going on with that?’” Ortega told Radar.

“When she heard that Jessica was in L.A., Caitlyn said, ‘Let’s go see her!’ and Kate kind of had to explain to her that if you go to Scientology and you kind of poke at them, they have a way coming back at you,” the blogger claimed. “Caitlyn was like ‘Eh, let’s do it!’ So I could tell by talking to Kate that she was just really moved that Caitlyn was this supportive and gung-ho.”

Once they arrived at the church headquarters, the reality stars waltzed into the lobby and demanded to see Bernstein’s daughter, Ortega claimed, joking, “I don’t doubt that phone calls were going all over the place and David Miscavige was immediately notified.”

Ortega claims they decided to leave after about an hour of waiting. But most shocking of all, he said, Jenner was dumbfounded that no one in the center seemed to know who she was!

“Jenner walked into the front lobby of Scientology’s Org and no one recognized her! Kate said that that really confused her – she’s not used to that,” Ortega, who recently spoke to Bornstein, claimed. “She’s used walking into a place like that, says, ‘I want to see so and so’ and then like immediately being taken to that person. So the fact there were these four people behind the counter, none of whom knew who she was … she said Caitlyn was really kind of surprised.”

CommunicatorIC

International Business Times: Caitlyn Jenner Secretly Visited Scientology Headquarters, Report Says

http://www.ibtimes.com/caitlyn-jenner-secretly-visited-scientology-headquarters-report-says-2375205

“I Am Cait” star Caitlyn Jenner went on a secret visit to Scientology headquarters, Radar Online wrote in an exclusive report Friday. At first glance, it might seem like Jenner was interested in joining the controversial church, but she actually went to support one of her friends.

Kate Bornstein, a co-star on “I Am Cait,” has not seen her daughter, Jessica Baxter, since she left Scientology in the '80s. When Jenner heard about this, she wanted to see if they could locate Baxter, Scientology blogger Tony Ortega told Radar Online.

CommunicatorIC

Caitlyn Jenner Involved In Scientology Scandal: Visited Center To Reunite Friend With Daughter.

Design and Trend: Caitlyn Jenner Involved In Scientology Scandal: Visited Center To Reunite Friend With Daughter

http://www.designntrend.com/article...al-visited-center-reunite-friend-daughter.htm

Caitlyn Jenner Involved In Scientology Scandal: Visited Center To Reunite Friend With Daughter

Katia Kleyman , Design & Trend
May, 28, 2016, 11:13 PM

Caitlyn Jenner recently visited the Scientology center in Los Angeles to try to reunite her friend Kate Bornstein with her estranged daughter, Radar reports. The Scientology blogger, Tony Ortega, wrote an article about Jenner and Bornstein's visit to the center.

Kate Bornstein has appeared several times on Jenner's show, "I Am Cait." Bornstein, like Jenner, is a transgender woman. She has been a long-time activist in the transgender movement, and wrote the influential book "Gender Outlaw."

According to Ortega, before Bornstein became the well-known academic and trans spokesperson she is today, she used to be a scientologist.

Bornstein left the movement in the 80s and hasn't seen her daughter, Jessica Baxter, since.

When Jenner found out about this she immediately wanted to go to the Scientology center and try to find Baxter.

"Kate was just sort of surprised that after the subject of Scientology came up and she told everybody about her daughter, Caitlyn followed up with her and says, 'Hey, what's going on with that?'" Ortega told Radar.

"When she heard that Jessica was in L.A., Caitlyn said, 'Let's go see her!' and Kate kind of had to explain to her that if you go to Scientology and you kind of poke at them, they have a way of coming back at you," Ortega continued. "Caitlyn was like 'Eh, let's do it!' So I could tell by talking to Kate that she was just really moved that Caitlyn was thing supportive and gung-ho."

Ortega went on to say that Jenner went right into the center and demanded to see Baxter. Jenner became surprised when no one knew who she was. They ultimately never found or spoke to Baxter.

When Bornstein, then still known as Al Bornstein, left the church Bornstein's family cut ties with her.

"Molly [her wife at the time] and Jessica broke off with her — this was before Al transitioned to Kate," Ortega explained."

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors

Having known (and gone up against, and kind of hated) Jessica, this makes me smile. Not because I expect any happy family reunion, but because Jessica must be utterly horrified that two trans-women are seeking her out at work. And making national media with it. Probably not helping her career path much. :)

CommunicatorIC

Please wish Kate Bornstein's daughter happy birthday for Kate

Please wish Kate Bornstein's daughter happy birthday for Kate.

"Today my daughter turns 43–I last saw her when she was 9. #Scientology has kept us apart since then. If u know her, pls wish her happy bday."

https://twitter.com/katebornstein/status/749821715358908416

attachment.php

Attachments

• KateBornsteinWishesDaughterHappyBirthday.PNG
    KateBornsteinWishesDaughterHappyBirthday.PNG
    16.6 KB · Views: 230