Church challenged to inquiry

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reports from Newspapers, Blogs, and ' started by Emma, Feb 5, 2010.

View Users: View Users
  1. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

http://www.smh.com.au/national/church-challenged-to-inquiry-20100205-niql.html

Church challenged to inquiry
    KIRSTY NEEDHAM
    February 6, 2010

THE independent senator Nick Xenophon has challenged the Church of Scientology to agree to a Senate inquiry after the church succeeded in having Hansard altered to include its response to his attack on its activities.

''Senator Xenophon's statements under parliamentary privilege were false and unsubstantiated,'' reads the long reply to the November attack detailing allegations of abuse and criminality that was put onto the parliamentary record this week.

The church claimed former members upon whose testimony the senator had relied were linked to a cyber-hate group called Anonymous which had also been involved in ''unlawful attacks on the Australian Prime Minister's website''.

The Senate Privileges Committee refused to allow a second Scientology document, enclosing more material about the allegations of forced abortions and financial misdealings, to be recorded.

Senator Xenophon said the committee had made it very clear that it had not made any judgment on the truth of the reply by the church's Australian president, Reverend Vicki Dunstan, when allowing it.

''I challenge the Church of Scientology - if they are so confident of their position, they should welcome a Senate inquiry where they can give evidence,'' Senator Xenophon said yesterday.

He has been in discussions with Greens and Coalition senators about an inquiry into the tax-exempt status of the church.

A spokesman for the church said the allegations in its reply about links to the hacker group Anonymous had been sourced from internet media reports.

Most of the 58 applications to the Senate for a right of reply have been allowed unchanged.

2. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

No matter what they try, they just give us more ammo and themselves less toes.:D

3. FinallyFree

FinallyFree Gold Meritorious Patron

That's what I was thinking exactly.

4. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

Check and mate

It's a very smart move for the Senator.

The cult really can't win either way they respond - either they have to submit to the investigation (which they will never do) or they refuse and when they then try and continue to call the charges "lies" the fact they wouldn't take the opportunity to prove themselves will be thrown back in their faces.

I'm beginning to think the cult has finally pissed off a real politician. If so they will be very sorry and I will be oh so happy.

5. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Hubbard wrote that the Church should publicly "welcome an inquiry" then to thwart it at every turn.

The cult followed the first part when they said they welcomed the inquiry. All they have to do now to be "in tech" is to obstruct any on going action. Easy.

Now the good senator has double dared them to clear their name, which frankly is mud.

Could they come to the party and clear their reputation in the public opinion?

6. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

7. Feral

Feral Rogue male

But, but what if they try a cinema and TV advertising campaign?

8. DavidM

DavidM Patron with Honors

They will look like a corporation trying to sell their wares. It may help the push for an inquiry by making Scientology a public talking point.

9. the-ghostwhowalks

the-ghostwhowalks Patron with Honors

An excellent development ..

Well , give them enough rope ..... :clap:

10. mate

mate Patron Meritorious

Update on Australian Senate Enquiry

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  11. Mystic

Mystic Banned

Yes!

12. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

They are damned if they do and double damned if they don't.

I like that.

:p

13. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Their reputation is dirt because they have being playing dirt and dishing it out too. They will not admit to their wrong doings. They must be dead right!

However, they will continue to attack anyone who removes the emperor's clothes while at the same time dressing themselves up in good will actions and continuing to poison the cake at the party.

14. Chess

Chess Patron with Honors

Bring it ON!
    Let's dance...

15. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

Vicki Dunstan's submission

This is the submissin by Vicki. In the report they use a quote from
    Lonnie D. Kliever, Ph.D., who is their expert on apostates.

View attachment 2217

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  16. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  17. Div6

Div6 Crusader

The Xenu solution?

Obfuscate and it will go away?

:lol: