$cientology Code of Honor

Discussion in 'Important documents' started by DagwoodGum, Feb 19, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Goodby Goodluck

I was looking for a post that got into the entrapping nature of "The Code of Honor" that Hubbard laid down upon us, but instead I found that someone calling himself honorarykid @ Holysmoke.org did a nice job so I thought I'd bring it up. I'm sure it's occurred to a lot of others as well was that this list was designed to entrap and keep you in $cientology once you were in, but I also thought at the time "Hey, I'm a Catholic so according to Hubbard's code I shouldn't withdraw my allegiance to them either and I should never desert them? Didn't he realize that one could interpret it as such so as to never get into $cientology in the first place?" In any event, this is the link to kid's work, Im sure we could all add quite a few points of contention to this list. #3 for me is the most obvious because it's telling me that I can never change my mind and leave (blow) no matter what I discover or experience, Whadda crock! Additionally if I leave I must have overts and/or MU's! So he's got us cut off at the pass at all exits, or so he thought.

http://www.holysmoke.org/hk000/52.htm

honorarykid gave this response on 4/28/2000:

Mamasays posted the Scientology's Code of Honor.
    I'll paraphrase it to more closely say what the Scientologists actually believe.
    1. never desert a comrade in need. 1P. Never desert a fellow Scientologist
    2. never withdraw allegiance once granted 2P. Never withdraw allegiance from Scientology
    3. never desert a group to which you owe your support. 3P. Never desert Scientology.
    4. never disparage yourself or minimze your strength or power. 4P. You need all your power, so you can help Scientology crush it's enemies.
    5.never need praise,approval or sympathy. 5P. Don't pay attention if wogs criticize you.
    6. never compromise with your own reality. 6P. You are not being brainwashed.
    7. never permit your affinity to be alloyed. 7P. Be friendly to Scientologists.
    8. do not give or recieve communication unless you yourself desire it. 8P. Don't listen to criticisms of outsiders.
    9. your self determinism and your honor are more important than your immediate life 9P. We don't care if you die in the service of Scientology.
    10. your integrity to yourself is more important than your body. 10P. Do what you think is right, but not if it's different than what LRH says.
    11.never regret yesterday. Life is in you today,and you make your tomorrow. 11P. Never say you're sorry.
    12. never fear to hurt another in a just cause. 12P. Don't let the wogs stop Scientology's expansion. Hurt them if necessary.
    13. don't desire tp be liked or admired 13P. Wogs will not like you for doing what we tell you to do. Don't worry about them. They are not your friends, we are your only friends.
    14. be your own advisor,keep your own counsel and select your own decisions. 14P. Don't listen to outsiders, but don't disobey your superiors in Scientology.
    15. be true to your own goals 15P. Your goals are Scientology's goals.

2. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

I threw mine in the garbage for this:

12. never fear to hurt another in a just cause.

Should be written don't fear to hurt another one for protecting $camology!

It's the only honnor there is in LRH mind!

3. DagwoodGum

Yes, he really planted us in quicksand with this phony "Honor" code as he wanted you to soldier his cause, including hurting others.

4. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

I always thought it was so strange that Scientologist's NEVER said they were sorry. I had a few Clears and OT's do major WRONGS with some business matters - and they NEVER said they were sorry nor took any responsibility for it.

THAT is just plain wrong to live in this world and never apologize!

What was that all about with Hubbard?

5. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

That's true.
    Way back in the 1970s an HQS student I once supped said "Scientologists never say they are sorry".

6. DagwoodGum

IN Hubbards toxic mind, to say you're sorry would be to admit to some wrong doing, a weakness as he saw it in his Alistair Crowley inspired mind. Any admission of wrong doing could have landed him in court and losing money in a lawsuit and he was all bout dat money. :yes:

7. DagwoodGum

11. never regret yesterday. Life is in you today,and you make your tomorrow. 11P. Never say you're sorry. - To which I'd add, forget who you were before you walked in to $cientology, be the $cientologist that we build in Ron's image from the ashes of who you were, but don't notice that it was $cientology that reduced who you were to ashes.

8. CO2

CO2 Patron Meritorious

Where I came from is probably the exception that proves the rule.

In the 1970s, the PLACE I really learned to say, "I'm sorry" was Scientology Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Santa Clara, in addition ASHO circa 1968-1970.

Saying "I'm sorry" as the first words out of one's mouth, sets the stage for fixing whatever clusterfuck has just happened.

It is part and parcel to being responsible. Responsibility was huge in the Scientology I knew.

Names, who impressed those concepts on me, from that period, were all Class Vllls.: Snooky Weiss, Teri Spickler, Phil Spickler, Mary Maren, Dolores Stokes.

4 of whom are still friends, one is dead.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  9. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

sorry for this but I gotta correct it.

"The exception that proves the rule" means "it is the exceptions that test (prove) the rules". If you develop a theory and there are exceptions to the rules then the theory is flawed.

I apologize for the nit-picking , it is just one of my hobby horses.

10. freethinker

freethinker Crusader

Here is some research done at Berkley that helps explain what is meant by the expression - The exception proves the rule

Our best guess at the time was Vin de Silva's hypothesis that the relevant sense of 'prove' is closer to 'proof' (v); this hypothesis was supported by our personal philologist Gerard Breen, who had this to say:
    English has the noun 'proof', the verb 'to prove', and another verb 'to
    proof'. These all arise from a common Germanic form: compare for instance
    German 'prüfen' (to test), Norwegian 'å prøve' (to test), Danish 'at prøve'
    (to test), Swedish 'at pröve' (to test). There is also an Icelandic form
    (which I can't remember off the top of my head), and an Anglo-Saxon form
    (which I also can't remember right now). But anyway, all of these forms mean
    'to test', as opposed to 'to have tested and have the proof ready to hand'.

However, a weird thing happened with the English forms of the Germanic stem.
    The three principal forms split themselves between two different meanings.
    Two assumed a meaning of 'this has been proven, and I'm now showing you the
    proof, buddy', as in ...

'to prove': to show that something is correct, on the basis of
    proof that you have
    'proof': to have information that shows that something is correct

... but one English form retained the meaning of 'to test, to
    undertake a test', rather than to have already tested and have the
    proof at hand, as in ...

'to proof': to examine and test (usually a piece of text) for
    mistakes, falsehoods, etc.

It is only in this one form, 'to proof' that the real Germanic meaning
    survives. It is also with this form that the phrase 'The exception proves
    the rule should be read'. It really means that the exception is testing
    whether the rule is valid or not. A re-phrasing should really give 'The
    exception tests the rule', or even 'The exception proofs the rule', if you
    expand the meaning of 'to proof' beyond the correction of texts.

http://www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~nchang/personal/logophile/exception.html

11. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I don't think Hubbard said that. Where I think it comes from is a misunderstanding of a point of the Auditors Code.

What it SAYS is 20. I promise not to explain, justify or make excuses in session for any auditor mistakes whether real or imagined.

What I discovered when a sup was that many people thought it meant "I promise not to apologize in session for any auditor mistakes whether real or imagined," whereas a simple "I'm sorry" where appropriate can work wonders.

:duh:

Paul

12. CO2

CO2 Patron Meritorious

^^^^^^^^^^^YES!!!!!!!

13. DagwoodGum