Clearwater voters approve new aquarium next to Flag.

Discussion in 'North America' started by The Anabaptist Jacques, Nov 6, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Clearwater voters approved the leasing of the property where City Hall is to build a new Aquarium.

I know that the Church was against this project going through.

The new Aquarium will be right behind the Fort Harrison on the bluff overlooking the waterway and right next to the Oak Cove where Flag does a lot of its services.

There is a small lot in between the two and I believe the Church wanted to acquire it from the city.

But not anymore.

The new aquarium will house the dolphin Winter from the movie Dolphin Tale.

A sequel to the movie is to start filming soon.

While I know of a few residents who were actually against the project, they told me that they would vote for it to keep the Church from getting thing else.

I heard words like "Take downtown back from the Scientologist" a couple of times by different people.

I think there is a movement afoot.

The Anabaptist Jacques

2. The final vote was 9,429 (55%) for and 7,754 (45%) against.

It was the only item on the ballot for Clearwater citizens.

The Anabaptist Jacques

3. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

Will there be a commemorative Boohoo and Clam display at the aquarium? Seems only fitting....

:hysterical:

4. Well the aquarium should fit right in with all the fake-navy uniforms walking around.

The Anabaptist Jacques

5. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

[​IMG]

Dolphins like clams!!

6. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Getting to see Winter the Dolphin was one of the highlights of my recent visit to Clearwater, and I can only say how thrilled I am for the aquarium as I knew how much they wanted it. And I must say, I thought, why wouldn't you want something as cool as the aquarium downtown - especially when you can do anything you want in downtown Clearwater as long as it's Scientology-related? I thought the aquarium was wonderful. Winter and the people who care for her, continue to be an inspiration to me.

One day I want to take my daughter with a disability to meet Winter, and at least I now know to book in advance to meet her and have a photograph with her.

7. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

:hysterical:

And possible patronage of the new aquarium's various aquatic habitats--creating an outstanding opportunity for the Church of Scientology to get a prominently displayed sponsorship plaque on the Shark Exhibit.

8. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Surely no shark deserves that!

9. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

The cult is more like a box jellyfish - getting tangled up in the tentacles is paralysing, then it reels you in to consume you until nothing is left. A spineless abomination, so to speak.

10. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

I think it's like an electric eel - one shock after another!

11. Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid Patron Meritorious

In Germany Scientology is often called an octopus by politicians and in the media. No kidding.

12. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Nominated for a special exhibit at the aquarium. . .

[​IMG]

13. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

I'm curious - wonder if the flag clam base scilons had a hill 10 get out the vote project for their clearwater members to defeat the proposal...

14. JustMe

JustMe Patron Meritorious

I think the perfect exhibit for organized scientology at the new aquarium next to flag would be the lamprey exhibit.

Perfect because of the nature of a lamprey which is a parasite that attaches itself to other living creatures and sucks the life out of them:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  15. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Let's see 'em run the blow drill in there!

16. LA SCN

LA SCN NOT drinking the kool-aid

Never been there but heard about it - is that the 'gauntlet' from flag clam base that comps had to run? :omg: :biggrin:

17. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

AGHGHGHGH!! The IAS ^^^ Regges are back! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

18. Emails were circulated by locals Scientologists and I saw signs against the proposal on Scientologists' property.

The Anabaptist Jacques

19. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Well, now they'll get their question answered.

"Do fish swim?"

:p

20. Damn. You just beat me to it!

The Anabaptist Jacques