CofS Exit Survey - Please Participate!

Discussion in 'Evaluating and Criticising Scientology' started by AnonLover, Dec 3, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. AnonLover

AnonLover Patron Meritorious

Greetings All!

The researchfag anons from WWP and elsewhere, are proud to announce an exciting new data collection & analysis project for the polling pleasure of all former CofS members et al.

Church of Scientology Exit Survey:
    http://tinyurl.com/CofSExit

The CoS Exit Survey Project is dedicated to the creation of a simple 20-question polling instrument for those who have left the control of the Church of Scientology, and publication of survey results online for further value-added statistical analysis and commentary.

This online survey has been crafted to respect the real-life experience and current beliefs for both those who continue Scientology practice in some form and those who do not. It has also been designed to maximize its usefulness to a broad range of communities and interests including opinion and decision makers in the major institutions of society.

For more details on this effort including full disclosure of survey content, our mission statement, and the tabulated results that will be published on an ongoing basis for all to ponder on, please read the wiki page that serves as a central square for this project at: http://tinyurl.com/CofSExitWiki

NOTE: The survey is designed for Ex-Scientologists, Independent Scientologists, and those unwittingly exposed to Scientology doctrines as clients, employees, or students of front group organizations. Anons and others with no direct CofS training or processing experience need not apply... check out the "Online Survey" dox on the wiki page noted above to view the text or screen capture version of the live questionnaire.

And please help us spread this to all the sibling forums as well as forwarding this post to your friends, family, colleagues & favorite bloggers or other contacts who are amongst those that are disaffected with or disconnected from their personal CofS experience.

We also apologize in advance for imposing yet another questionnaire on you - but there has been a great deal of care & attention put into this survey to reap some value-added info for use with harpooning the cult in the days ahead. plus its nothing like a CofS survey and the tabulated results will be very easy on the eye to look at :)

Special thanks to all the former members of organized scientology & the many other collaborators who helped us put this together - cheers to you mates, it oughta be interesting to watch the results come in! :thumbsup:

UPDATE: Here's the first batch of survey results as of 5Dec-09 with 105 respondents tabulated:

CofS Exit Survey Result - Basic Reports

CofS Exit Survey Results - Advanced Reports

Download Bundle (with *.csv sauce)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

I answered your first draft on WWP. Is this one starting from scratch for the answers? I don't want to throw it off by answering it twice!

I look forward to the results.

3. AnonLover

the early demo version when this project was still under draft was just in development mode - those answers gathered on the old wwp thread were scrapped during the brainstorming phase & nwo obsolete.

this here is real deal version on this never before revealed link:
    http://tinyurl.com/CofSExit

please do me the honor of filling out the official one & my apologies it took us a couple weeks to get this all put together :thumbsup:

4. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

My browser crashed after 4 pages - it didn't like it :(

5. HappyGirl

HappyGirl Gold Meritorious Patron

I was in the middle of the survey and some error occurred and it froze. It would be interesting to see the results.

Also, have you considered adding to the list of reasons why people leave "psychotic break"?

6. Mystic

Mystic Banned

Did it. All went smooth.

7. AnonLover

surveypirate is a free service... maybe initial rush of everyone hitting at once mighta caused stray oddities?

folks having trouble - plz try again and let me know if its better? :nervous:

I'm also curious to know a time estimate approx how long it takes for someone to get thru?

8. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Sorry, I got an error message when I finished.
    And it didn't tell me what the nature of the error was.

9. programmer_guy

Less than a minute.
    But got an unspecific error message.

10. AnonLover

it says 6 results captured so far - can folks who are getting thru perhaps post which browser your using for further diagnostics?

and sorries for hassles, surveypirate is known to be reliable top notch gig despite it's being a freebie deal. i didnt expect this & still hoping its just initial rush :unsure:

11. Emma

FF - no other problems - fresh install

12. programmer_guy

Firefox v. 3.5

13. AnonLover

dang i've been so busy building this sucker, i aint loaded FF3.5 yet & it held up well during testing in FF3.0

14. programmer_guy

BTW, I though you liked Opera? What happened with that? Just curious.

15. Emma

I love Opera but need FF too for their excellent FireFTP client.

Oh BTW, it was FF 3.5.

16. programmer_guy

It could be that my results/answers got into the database anyway, even tho I got an error message. :confused2:

17. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Worked well for me second time around on FF 3.5.5 , took about maybe 8 to 10 minutes to do.

18. AnonLover

maybe... I'm up to 8 results, i has hoping to get a 3rd voice confirming FF3.5 problem (to confirm not just a initial heavy traffic fluke) and then I'll hit the tech support service board with a bug report

19. AnonLover

whew! and thks so much for your feedback both in the survey (despite hassles) an on approx time it takes!

20. programmer_guy

Just outta curiousity, could a person do this survey more than once and, thus, skew your statistics?